Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Did the Seattle media ever question Jen Cohen about why she didn't conduct a coaching search?

2»

Comments

• DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 603
    edited January 2020
    Meek said:

I suspect Peterman told her to move Jimmy to the spot. I do not expect Peterman would have resigned so suddenly if he seriously didn't have a 'get Jimmy ready' plan in place.

Maybe I missed this, but has it ever come out exactly why Peterman changed his resignation timeline from after the bowel game to before? We think it’s because he thought Lake was ready to go?

That Athletic article about the 72 hours behind the scenes leading up to the announcement (where Cohen made very, very sure we knew how much she cried at the news) continued to reference Pete wanting to resign post-bowel - and made it sound like Lake had about 3-4 days max to get ready because of the accelerated timeline. Again, maybe just spin, dunno.

Resigning when he did would have made a search very, very difficult without potentially losing some or a lot of the incoming recruiting class. We would have been in a much better position to assess options if Coach Burnout could have waited a couple more weeks to announce...

I’m with Stalin - cautiously optimistic but concerned

Edit: And let me just add that if any of this caught Cohen completely off-guard as she suggests in said article, then that’s pretty negligent - your football coach told you at the Rose Bowel (the pinnacle of Doog and AD aspirations) how much he hated the experience - probably stands to reason he isn’t going to gut it out for another 10 years and you should have a backup plan with a few options (to include Lake)
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    There was no material reason to run a full blown coaching search
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Jen's got something in her back pocket to placate the masses

And by pocket i mean EE bra
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Meek said:

I suspect Peterman told her to move Jimmy to the spot. I do not expect Peterman would have resigned so suddenly if he seriously didn't have a 'get Jimmy ready' plan in place.

Maybe I missed this, but has it ever come out exactly why Peterman changed his resignation timeline from after the bowel game to before? We think it’s because he thought Lake was ready to go?

That Athletic article about the 72 hours behind the scenes leading up to the announcement (where Cohen made very, very sure we knew how much she cried at the news) continued to reference Pete wanting to resign post-bowel - and made it sound like Lake had about 3-4 days max to get ready because of the accelerated timeline. Again, maybe just spin, dunno.

Resigning when he did would have made a search very, very difficult without potentially losing some or a lot of the incoming recruiting class. We would have been in a much better position to assess options if Coach Burnout could have waited a couple more weeks to announce...

Edit: And let me just add that if any of this caught Cohen completely off-guard as she suggests in said article, then that’s pretty negligent - your football coach told you at the Rose Bowel (the pinnacle of Doog and AD aspirations) how much he hated the experience - probably stands to reason he isn’t going to gut it out for another 10 years and you should have a backup plan with a few options (to include Lake)
    He said he hated it? I thought he didn't enjoy it as much as he should have. Not that hard to do when you have so many things on your plate during those 3 weeks.
  • DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 603
    TommySQC said:

Meek said:

He said he hated it? I thought he didn't enjoy it as much as he should have. Not that hard to do when you have so many things on your plate during those 3 weeks.
    I could see that, maybe . . . but why did he coach the bowel game then? Was there really no way to convince him to stay and "coast" if he wanted to for the last couple of weeks?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Meek said:

I liked Cohen before that article. I realized she was lucky Pete wasn’t a dick and demanded his own AD when Woodward left.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    It’s all stupid

There was a solid in-.house option

This isn’t inconsistent with succession plans in corporate America

But bitch to bitch
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

In an alternate world where Jen did conduct interviews, there are a million posts on this site screaming "YOU HAVE JIMMY FUCKING LAKE!!!! JUST GIVE HIM THE FUCKING JOB!!!! WHY WOULD YOU SHOW THAT YOU DO NOT FULLY TRUST HIM BY INTERVIEWING PEOPLE AND HOLDING HIM UP FROM MAKING HIS HIRES???? FUCK YOU, JEN!!!

And?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,552 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    Tequilla said:

It’s all stupid

There was a solid in-.house option

This isn’t inconsistent with succession plans in corporate America

But bitch to bitch

Fearful Peterman leads to Peter Principle.

#management101

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,959 Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

whlinder said:

I mean it’s pretty simple. If we’re actually happy then that means we’re 15-0. But even then, the other teams probably scored some points against us, and we probably had a couple of turnovers on the season, and our incoming recruiting class is not all 5*s, so HEADS MUST FUCKING ROLL NOW.

I won't be happy if the other team has survivors.
    Samson Doctrine.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,485 Founders Club
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

TommySQC said:

Meek said:

I have seen a few posters run with that quote and bash Pete and I don't get it. He literally said he was so focused on winning the rose bowl which didn't allow him to enjoy the moment and how big of a accomplishment it was to be there. Yet posters take that as to say coach Pete quit and he didn't care about the game which is completely untrue. As far as to why there was no search, if we did a search we lose at least 3-5 recruits to other schools because we are in limbo and most likely don't hire a better candidate than Jimmy. It would also ruin any shot at a top ten class for the 2021 and probably set us back on the field because we would be changing systems.
    that says a lot