Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Did the Seattle media ever question Jen Cohen about why she didn't conduct a coaching search?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,396 Founders Club
The doog in me is cautiously optimistic about Jimmy Lake.

The cynic in me is concerned

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,396 Founders Club

was This not addressed in the press conference? Pretty sure she said because he was already at the top of her short list should this day come and they wanted to keep the foundation that was established.

Whether you agree with it or not is a different question but it was addressed.

Even if you disagree with it, who are you thinking you would want in stead? Serious question. If someone similar to a Justin Wilcox or lane kiiffin wanted the job are you taking him over Jimmy given the circumstances?

We already know that a deal had been worked out in advance. That's not the issue I raised. I asked if the Seattle media pursued the matter of her not engaging in a coaching search.

• I would take Justin Wilcox over Jimmy
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 925

In an alternate world where Jen did conduct interviews, there are a million posts on this site screaming "YOU HAVE JIMMY FUCKING LAKE!!!! JUST GIVE HIM THE FUCKING JOB!!!! WHY WOULD YOU SHOW THAT YOU DO NOT FULLY TRUST HIM BY INTERVIEWING PEOPLE AND HOLDING HIM UP FROM MAKING HIS HIRES???? FUCK YOU, JEN!!!

Which would have increased traffic to this site and page clicks on Stalin's web analytics reports.

Which is the root of his concern over why it never happened...
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Sark 2.0

Unfortunately, YCBRYK
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    #Cohengate

I will solemnly begin chinvestigating, and I will pray for her everyday.

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,799 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wait, I thought this was Peterman 2.0
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    People thought I was lunatic for @firepete And now @FireCohen
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

your opinion shows just how immature you are, those of us who are actual Husky Alums know to trust Jen and Coach Lake in the process of hiring the right OC not just the one most popular on social media. If you don’t care for the process you’re welcome to root for UO

I've seen Grumble poasting this gem as well.

Anyone got an origin story spoonfeed?
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

I think hiring Lake was the right move. It’s a gamble, but the right one at this point. A new coach might have to put in his processes and procedures and take us back temporarily. Nobody wants to go thru that again. Pete did it in 2014 and it sucked.

If we had any type of chance getting Urban Meyer than I would say have a search. We wouldn’t tho so you’re taking even more of a gamble by possibly bringing in a new coach and letting him gut the staff, a bunch of recommits and transfers, etc.

totally agree