Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wilner’s all decade team

2»

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,111
    dtd said:

By what metric is Gaskin > Freeman? It's not TDs, or yards, or yards per carry, or receptions, or yards per reception. He's the fucking all time rushing TD leader in conference history and people are surprised he made the list?

Keishawn Bierria killed him.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,702 Founders Club
    Gaskin has two rings

Freeman has the pregame speech at the Redbox Bowl

Its really an unbiased position to take
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter

Gaskin has two rings

So where's Jake Browning on the list?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,702 Founders Club
    dtd said:

Gaskin has two rings

There is a separate list for talent like Jake Browning
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter

dtd said:

Gaskin has two rings

There is a separate list for talent like Jake Browning
    Oh, the one Darron Thomas is on.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2020
    TL, DR, Summarized Thoughts because my first post was a mess.

Murphy and Kikaha for the 2 Edge spots. Orchard had only one good year.

Shaq does not belong on the first team. He didn’t have sustained greatness for long enough.

Scooby Wright had a monster season and doesn’t deserve the shit he gets.

Two Washington players left off were Myles Jack and Scott Crichton. Scott (not Talia) Crichton was really, really good. I remembered Kiko Alonso being really good for Oregon, but he only had one big season and another pretty good one.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Shaq does not belong on the first team. He didn’t have sustained greatness for long enough.

Two Washington players left off were Myles Jack and Scott Crichton. Scott (not Talia) Crichton was really, really good. I remembered Kiko Alonso being really good for Oregon, but he only had one big season and another pretty good one.

I'd take Myles Jack everyday over Chrichton and H. Kiki
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2020
    Baseman said:

I'd take Myles Jack everyday over Chrichton and H. Kiki
    Disagree even tho they aren’t comparable. Kikaha was a dominant pass rusher. Jack, kind of like Shaq was a LB with all the tools, but not necessarily the impact for a first team spot. He also missed almost all of his junior year. Not enough production for his career to deserve a spot.

Kikaha had 32.5 sacks his last two years. Orchard a first team pick had 21.5. Their senior seasons were equal but Wilner saying career matters is a joke in this case.

Scott Crichton was a DE who could have made the team and been a fine pick, but not necessarily should have been.

Wilner favored Utah DL a little bit. They have had some good ones, but other than Star, the other picks are iffy.

If Shaq made it, other guys like Jack and Arik Armstead could have. Of course any team would want them but none were really dominant defensive players that teams feared. Other than a 6 game stretch his junior year, Shaq was an above average LB. He was an asset, but not a tackling machine and he made very few plays in the backfield.

Trufant getting a spot is generous too. Kevin King had two really good years. Trufant had one. Marcus Peters was awfully good too and was playing amazing his junior year despite all his turmoil with the coaching staff.

Banner does not belong over McGary or Adams. Banner was good his senior year. McGary was good for three years. Adams was one of the best OT’s in the country his sophomore and junior years before he blew out his knee. He still had a better overall career than Banner. Oregon State had a guard that plays for the Eagles now that was very good as well and better than Banner. Banner is one of, if not the worst choice.

Is this a raw talent, NFL production matters list or simply their college careers? Wilner mixed it up a little bit with his list and also mixes up career/season quite a bit.