Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A funny little story from my dad yesterday

2»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Thanks DJ. Lost mine way too early last year at 72. Even though i had 9 months to say goodbye I didnt ask enough questions.

What's your favorite memory of your dad?

(FYI - I'm stepping away from my computer now but will be back later today)
    Was it crisp fall days walking to Husky stadium in a sea of purple ?
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,684 Founders Club

Thanks DJ. Lost mine way too early last year at 72. Even though i had 9 months to say goodbye I didnt ask enough questions.

Damn that was a tough question. The 91' Rose Bowl was special because we were there with his brother and my cousin. For reasons that had little to do between them, they almost didnt speak or see each other until he was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. I was a senior and had like $2,000 to my name. My best friends were going to live in CO to be ski bums for a year but I didnt think $2K would be enough so I bet it all on the Dawgs to cover. I had fucked up a lot in HS and college so was nervous telling him my plan right before kickoff. He didn't judge me and rooted hard for the Dawgs to cover for me. I'll never forget Hayden Fry having his QB hurl 50 yard bombs into the end zone which would have ruined my cover. The first thing he said to me as time expired was "You're going to Colorado." He and his brother reconciled in the end and the families have become relatively close again. I probably learned more about my dad from his college rugby buddies than I ever did from him.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club

Damn that was a tough question. The 91' Rose Bowl was special because we were there with his brother and my cousin. For reasons that had little to do between them, they almost didnt speak or see each other until he was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. I was a senior and had like $2,000 to my name. My best friends were going to live in CO to be ski bums for a year but I didnt think $2K would be enough so I bet it all on the Dawgs to cover. I had fucked up a lot in HS and college so was nervous telling him my plan right before kickoff. He didn't judge me and rooted hard for the Dawgs to cover for me. I'll never forget Hayden Fry having his QB hurl 50 yard bombs into the end zone which would have ruined my cover. The first thing he said to me as time expired was "You're going to Colorado." He and his brother reconciled in the end and the families have become relatively close again. I probably learned more about my dad from his college rugby buddies than I ever did from him.
    that's a great story