Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A funny little story from my dad yesterday

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club
I had dinner with dad last night and we watched the Clemson-Ohio State game at a bar and grill. I asked him about his biggest moment of fame playing football. He told me a story I'd never heard before.

He grew up in Longview, WA and played left guard on the JV team for RA Long High School.

During his junior season he sprained his ankle and was out a few weeks. He was at home listening to the radio broadcast of the RA Long vs. Kelso game. He was #57, and somehow his name got on the varsity roster. As he listened to the broadcast, an RA Long linebacker wearing #57 was having a huge game. So dad heard a constant litany of... "Ron Johnson on the tackle... Five yard loss on the play, the tackle by Ron Johnson... Ron Johnson with a big hit there on the quarterback ... Ronnie Johnson having himself a breakout game today!"

Comments