Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

With Jacob Eason leaving for the NFL, let UW’s 2020 quarterback competition begin

2»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    Baseman said:

I think Morris is better so I would hope he starts.

I will openly admit I have no idea which QB is the best. All that matters is that the best guy starts. No favoring a guy because he is younger or over. We aren’t building for the future. We are past that so it should simply come down to which QB is the best. If the guy chosen struggles, get your ego out of the way and play the next guy. It sounds simple, but it doesn’t always happen.
    The players who show the most leadership and have the trust of the coaches must play. Period
    Fixed.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Baseman said:

I will openly admit I have no idea which QB is the best. All that matters is that the best guy starts. No favoring a guy because he is younger or over. We aren’t building for the future. We are past that so it should simply come down to which QB is the best. If the guy chosen struggles, get your ego out of the way and play the next guy. It sounds simple, but it doesn’t always happen.
    Dabo replaced his upperclassman QB with Lawrence: Natty. The best players must play. Period
    Ya but Dabo is a good coach
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    phineas said:

Baseman said:

Dabo replaced his upperclassman QB with Lawrence: Natty. The best players must play. Period
    Ya but Dabo is a good coach
    That's the idea. Will it happen? Either way...
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Morris is my least favorite. Quintessential Petersen QB recruit with good "decision-making skills" but average tools in every other respect. Purely an average Pac 12 talent with no plus dimension anywhere.

Garbers is better than Morris, bigger, stronger, better runner, bigger arm, and as of 12/2019 a better haircut.

Sirmon is clearly the top talent here. Better everything than the other guys, passing, playmaking, athleticism. I hope he wins it.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

Morris is my least favorite. Quintessential Petersen QB recruit with good "decision-making skills" but average tools in every other respect. Purely an average Pac 12 talent with no plus dimension anywhere.

Which is why I think it will be him. New OC implements pass heavy offense focusing on our receivers and the short/intermediate game.

Don't know anything about Garbers but Sirmon looks like he's going to be throwing fades into the stands often.

We're not getting a big dick run heavy offense. We're getting a micropenis air raid type of offense.