Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Sirmon. I hear Blonde QB are in vogue right now (Burrow, T-Law)
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Let the fun begin!!
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    edited December 2019

Read that article earlier...

Really wasn't much analysis as to who will actually start.

Sirmon has earned his shot. I think. Has the physical tools, good leader, has been with the program long enough to get the first look.

Sirmon: I like that he's got a big, big arm. I like that he's 6'5. He's mobile, has wiggle in the pocket to avoid pressure. Ball comes out of his hand weird sometimes because of his motion... if you watch his HS tape he almost never threw out of the pocket, Bothell had him roll out 90% of the time throwing on the run... almost everything he threw was streetball-like. Worries me that he'll struggle to hit the easy passes right in front of him (which is why we probably hear about his accuracy issues). He's got the higher ceiling... but it always worries me a little bit when a kid sits for 2 years w.o playing much football.

Morris: He throws a tight ball... quick, efficient throwing motion. He's also pretty athletic, good at throwing on the run, avoids pressure in the pocket well. Lacks a little bit of arm strength, really has to give it his all to add zip to his passes. Threw a ton of sideline fades in high school (almost all of his big throws in his HS game film), threw a ton of slants when not going for the home run, you don't see the ability to stretch the field with him. His ceiling is probably a more athletic Browning... he'll kill you with efficiency.

Garbers: Throws the line-drive ball really well... he knows how to lead a receiver really well and generally hits his target in front of him, in stride. If he gets the chance to wind up, his ball really drives low and hard. His throwing motion is a little long, has a dip in it near his knee when he brings the ball back, causes him to really struggle on/ shows up on touch throws. If you get the chance, watch the play at the 2-minute mark of the highlight video of his game against Grace Brethren... really shows you where he's at when throwing a touch ball, not great. He's easily the most capable north-south runner of the bunch. He looks to run and he runs people over.

Oh sorry...

PM TO DNC!!! "Why are you so mean?"

PM TO LMC!!! "Hope you're good man, shit, we realized we're terrible people."

Is that better?

BAHHHH
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's going to be Morris.

Our big dick shots down the field experiment is over.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    haie said:

It's going to be Morris.

Our big dick shots down the field experiment is over.

Not according to Lake.

But I get the sentiment. Fuck our offense the last couple years.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Read that article earlier...

Really wasn't much analysis as to who will actually start.

Sirmon has earned his shot. I think. Has the physical tools, good leader, has been with the program long enough to get the first look.

Sirmon: I like that he's got a big, big arm. I like that he's 6'5. He's mobile, has wiggle in the pocket to avoid pressure. Ball comes out of his hand weird sometimes because of his motion... if you watch his HS tape he almost never threw out of the pocket, Bothell had him roll out 90% of the time throwing on the run... almost everything he threw was streetball-like. Worries me that he'll struggle to hit the easy passes right in front of him (which is why we probably hear about his accuracy issues). He's got the higher ceiling... but it always worries me a little bit when a kid sits for 2 years w.o playing much football.

Morris: He throws a tight ball... quick, efficient throwing motion. He's also pretty athletic, good at throwing on the run, avoids pressure in the pocket well. Lacks a little bit of arm strength, really has to give it his all to add zip to his passes. Threw a ton of sideline fades in high school (almost all of his big throws in his HS game film), threw a ton of slants when not going for the home run, you don't see the ability to stretch the field with him. His ceiling is probably a more athletic Browning... he'll kill you with efficiency.

Garbers: Throws the line-drive ball really well... he knows how to lead a receiver really well and generally hits his target in front of him, in stride. If he gets the chance to wind up, his ball really drives low and hard. His throwing motion is a little long, has a dip in it near his knee when he brings the ball back, causes him to really struggle on/ shows up on touch throws. If you get the chance, watch the play at the 2-minute mark of the highlight video of his game against Grace Brethren... really shows you where he's at when throwing a touch ball, not great. He's easily the most capable north-south runner of the bunch. He looks to run and he runs people over.

Oh sorry...

PM TO DNC!!! "Why are you so mean?"

PM TO LMC!!! "Hope you're good man, shit, we realized we're terrible people."

Is that better?

BAHHHH
    Spend as much tim in the classroom you want, do you. But don’t get so wrapped up in your sheepskin to loose site than many of us enjoy the playground of fuckery.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,039
    I think Morris is better so I would hope he starts.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    3 losers with no shot at the nfl. Awesomeness
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter
    UW would be an attractive grad transfer destination.
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061

One of my new year resolutions this year is to not care at all then bitch and moan about who should be starting after the first loss.

Good luck with that.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think this is the most intriguing QB battle since I went insane and started following this team. It's the second year in a row of the portal era in which there isn't an established guy penciled in. Between the portal and Huard looming, there's a real chance that the staff either flubs this over overthinks it and therefore flubs it. Although I hate the concept in general, and a reasonable person could make the case that a wasted year of Skinny is one example of why, I agree that this year wouldn't be the worst situation for a grad transfer.

On paper/watching film, Garbers looks like the most complete player. If they truly play the best player and that ends up being Garbers, it creates an interesting scenario with Huard. And Sirmon for sure and probably also Morris transfer out.

Moving forward, it's going to be awfully hard for ANY program to keep more than two quarterbacks on the roster who are worth a damn. I can easily envision a scenario in which UW plays out this season with only two quarterbacks on the roster that aren't walk-ons.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,354 Swaye's Wigwam

One of my new year resolutions this year is to not care at all then bitch and moan about who should be starting after the first loss.

Good luck with that.
    I care until tomorrow at midnight and after that, not at all until September 5th.