Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shit team.

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 773
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Screwed the pooch too meta?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We'll be an early out tournament team/NIT team this year with 3 McDonalds all Americans and next year will be around .500. Jen should start putting out feelers for nour next coach after this season.
  • Options
    Over on DM they're saying Jen's selling couch.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Jen Cohen? What does that remotely have to do with the basketball team?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019

word is she is going to next commissioner of Pac-12 and Pete stays on as the AD and preach his OKG gospel
  • Options

Some say she is athletic director over ALL the UW teams. Ya moron.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Got a good win over ball state though
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Got a good win over ball state though

almost as good as FB EWU win
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited December 2019

Some say she is athletic director over ALL the UW teams. Ya moron.
    Still don’t understand what that has to do with losing to Houston. Faggot
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Not a shit team and they can hang with anyone, but flawed. McDaniels really needs to improve. Hit more shots, cut the turnovers, and play more like a man. If he Put it together he would be good, but he is at least a year away from being a really good college player. His best days are ahead, but it probably won’t happen at UW.

Wright is a good defender, but a 28% shooter really hurts. That’s really, really bad. Bey is mostly non existent of offense too. This spot is hurting us. If one of the two were more reliable on offense, it would help a lot.

Green is playing pretty well. He has his limitations. He also needs to shoot more. He should shoot more than 3.0 3’s per game.

Stewart is as advertised. We would be pretty bad without him. A truly great player that we are lucky to have.

I still haven’t given up hope. They can make noise, but will probably continue to be frustrating. It’s what happens with one and done players and we don’t have the talent on the rest of the team to mask it. Hop can do better too. He’s a good coach, but we need great. I agree with Freeme that he’s kind of a shitty offensive coach.

The best thing this team can do offensively is co to us to push the tempo and look for Stewart early if they can’t get a layup or wide open jumper. They started to do that more and I think they ran their transition offense in the diamond head classic better than they have all year. Still need to improve decision making. Way too many empty possessions when the game is tight.

Lucky with the pac 12 not being a complete dumpster fire this year that 11 or 12 conference wins likely gets them in. There will be plenty of chances to build the resume in conference play. It hasn’t been that way for a long time.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Right now we're a top 30 team and, if we keep getting better as the season goes on, could finish in the 15-20 range. Tons of upside on this team but lots of youth and inconsistency.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a shit team and they can hang with anyone, but flawed. McDaniels really needs to improve. Hit more shots, cut the turnovers, and play more like a man. If he Put it together he would be good, but he is at least a year away from being a really good college player. His best days are ahead, but it probably won’t happen at UW.

Wright is a good defender, but a 28% shooter really hurts. That’s really, really bad. Bey is mostly non existent of offense too. This spot is hurting us. If one of the two were more reliable on offense, it would help a lot.

Green is playing pretty well. He has his limitations. He also needs to shoot more. He should shoot more than 3.0 3’s per game.

Stewart is as advertised. We would be pretty bad without him. A truly great player that we are lucky to have.

I still haven’t given up hope. They can make noise, but will probably continue to be frustrating. It’s what happens with one and done players and we don’t have the talent on the rest of the team to mask it. Hop can do better too. He’s a good coach, but we need great. I agree with Freeme that he’s kind of a shitty offensive coach.

Uw football hung with everyone. Also a shit team.
  • Options

I admire how you guys can go from a disappointing football team right into an over rated and disappointing basketball team

Race. You must remember “I remember my doog phase days”
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I admire how you guys can go from a disappointing football team right into an over rated and disappointing basketball team

I think UW is right where rational people expected them to be in hoops this year. It's a tournament team who may win 1 game. It was doogish takes from BPT and others ("Final Four for sure!") that inflated expectations.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

I think UW is right where rational people expected them to be in hoops this year. It's a tournament team who may win 1 game. It was doogish takes from BPT and others ("Final Four for sure!") that inflated expectations.
    This. If they miss the tournament they would be overrated. They were never great or supposed to be to begin with. A fringe top 25 team.

Some on this board thought they were going to be great because they dominated the Italian retard tour.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We? still have a basketball team? I thought it had been disbanded.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    We’re about where I expected after non conference. Was hoping to get one more decent win, but we couldn’t finish Houston. Kentucky has an entire team of five stars every year so expecting us to be a dominant team with two was dumb.

I still think we can make a run because we have 3-4 players that can be very good, but the depth is horrible and our offense is inconsistent. The PAC is better this year, but outside of Oregon it’s still wide open.

Next year we are going to be very bad.