Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shit team.

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dawgs206 said:

We’re about where I expected after non conference. Was hoping to get one more decent win, but we couldn’t finish Houston. Kentucky has an entire team of five stars every year so expecting us to be a dominant team with two was dumb.

I still think we can make a run because we have 3-4 players that can be very good, but the depth is horrible and our offense is inconsistent. The PAC is better this year, but outside of Oregon it’s still wide open.

Next year we are going to be very bad.

I thought we’d have much better depth. But Roberts and BPJ can’t even get minutes. Credit to Timmins for taking those backup minutes and looking halfway decent.

Offense still looks like a disaster. Lob it to Stewart, let Naz or Jaden iso as the clock runs out or jack contested 3s with guys shooting under 30%. Naz better come back, he’s not getting drafted by playing worse than Jaylen last year. I assume Quade is back as well. You can build around that core.

Hopefully the other freshmen provide some offensive punch. Defense has definitely taken a step back without Thybulle. Weird that we don’t own the boards every game given how big we are at every position. That’s been inconsistent at best. When you suck on offense, 2nd chance points are huge.

Still think they could figure some shit out and make a run, but I’m pretty unimpressed with the progress during the preseason. Failure to secure a better resume heading into PAC-12 play means we will be lucky to be anything more than a 4 seed if we win the conference, which won’t happen. Looks like another 7-10 seed out in round 2 kind of year.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dawgs206 said:

We’re about where I expected after non conference. Was hoping to get one more decent win, but we couldn’t finish Houston. Kentucky has an entire team of five stars every year so expecting us to be a dominant team with two was dumb.

I still think we can make a run because we have 3-4 players that can be very good, but the depth is horrible and our offense is inconsistent. The PAC is better this year, but outside of Oregon it’s still wide open.

I thought we’d have much better depth. But Roberts and BPJ can’t even get minutes. Credit to Timmins for taking those backup minutes and looking halfway decent.

Offense still looks like a disaster. Lob it to Stewart, let Naz or Jaden iso as the clock runs out or jack contested 3s with guys shooting under 30%. Naz better come back, he’s not getting drafted by playing worse than Jaylen last year. I assume Quade is back as well. You can build around that core.

Hopefully the other freshmen provide some offensive punch. Defense has definitely taken a step back without Thybulle. Weird that we don’t own the boards every game given how big we are at every position. That’s been inconsistent at best. When you suck on offense, 2nd chance points are huge.

Still think they could figure some shit out and make a run, but I’m pretty unimpressed with the progress during the preseason. Failure to secure a better resume heading into PAC-12 play means we will be lucky to be anything more than a 4 seed if we win the conference, which won’t happen. Looks like another 7-10 seed out in round 2 kind of year.
    Agree, I definitely thought the depth would be better and we’d see BPJ and Roberts more. I figured Battle would have a season like Bey last year, but was secretly hoping he’d have a bigger impact.

Quade can’t leave and I hope Naz is back, but we have 0 incoming freshmen and still haven’t seen anything from Roberts, BPJ, or Battle and they will be getting lots of run. Brooks is there too, but he’s also an unknown.

We’ll need a surprise recruit (or 2) out of nowhere or some transfers.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

I admire how you guys can go from a disappointing football team right into an over rated and disappointing basketball team

I think UW is right where rational people expected them to be in hoops this year. It's a tournament team who may win 1 game. It was doogish takes from BPT and others ("Final Four for sure!") that inflated expectations.
    This. If they miss the tournament they would be overrated. They were never great or supposed to be to begin with. A fringe top 25 team.

Some on this board thought they were going to be great because they dominated the Italian retard tour.
    This. It’s a fringe top 25 team with the talent to make a possible run to the Sweet 16. I still think that’s very possible. We need to limit our bad stretches, which will happen again and hopefully we are playing our best ball late in the year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dawgs206 said:

Not all 5 star one and dones are equal. Stewart is an exception. Only a couple guys are that good and ready to dominate their freshman year.

Most are more like McDaniels. Good players, but they need really strong teams around them. McDaniels as a role player would be ideal. Right now he’s heavily counted on and we are seeing the inconsistent play, which I expected.

Not sold that we will be very bad next year. It’s hard to imagine us being really good, but I think it’s more likely we are a bubble team than terrible.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dawgs206 said:

Not all 5 star one and dones are equal. Stewart is an exception. Only a couple guys are that good and ready to dominate their freshman year.

Most are more like McDaniels. Good players, but they need really strong teams around them. McDaniels as a role player would be ideal. Right now he’s heavily counted on and we are seeing the inconsistent play, which I expected.

Not sold that we will be very bad next year. It’s hard to imagine us being really good, but I think it’s more likely we are a bubble team than terrible.
    Agree, except being a bubble team in my mind = bad.

Any season you fail to make the tournament is a failure.

Also, next years bad outlook is on Hop. What is he even doing with the 2020 recruiting class? Especially with 2 one and done players currently on the roster...anybody?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2020

dawgs206 said:

Agree, except being a bubble team in my mind = bad.

Any season you fail to make the tournament is a failure.

Also, next years bad outlook is on Hop. What is he even doing with the 2020 recruiting class? Especially with 2 one and done players currently on the roster...anybody?
    Hop is an ELITE recruiter so I wouldn't be too concerned.

I'm hearing Cade Cunningham is coming here.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2020

ntxduck said:

I admire how you guys can go from a disappointing football team right into an over rated and disappointing basketball team

I think UW is right where rational people expected them to be in hoops this year. It's a tournament team who may win 1 game. It was doogish takes from BPT and others ("Final Four for sure!") that inflated expectations.
    This. If they miss the tournament they would be overrated. They were never great or supposed to be to begin with. A fringe top 25 team.

Some on this board thought they were going to be great because they dominated the Italian retard tour.
    and hopefully we are playing our best ball late in the year.
    I'm a Hop guy but this hasn't happened yet. Both years we limped down the stretch.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

ntxduck said:

and hopefully we are playing our best ball late in the year.
    I'm a Hop guy but this hasn't happened yet. Both years we limped down the stretch.
    True.

We have three new starters to the program this year including two true frosh so I think it's reasonable to expect them to improve as the years goes on though. At least I hope.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

I was right

WE beat Baylor!!!!!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I was right

WE beat Baylor!!!!!

If we were a bubble team, which is looking extremely unlikely, that would be considered a big win.
  • Options

Houhusky said:

I was right

WE beat Baylor!!!!!

If we were a bubble team, which is looking extremely unlikely, that would be considered a big win.
    It will definitely help seeding.

Best win of any team in the NIT.