Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Cinnci is pretty good too but we don't know about the competition. Then again the Pac 12 isn't exactly murderers row. Not sure if any P 5 league is this year. I think the ACC is actually the strongest league and they don't play much defense either. Nobody does except Jimmy

Pandemic adjusted, Notre Dame is legit. Defense is good and that goofball Ian Book is playing big dick right now.
    They did give up 33 points in regulation at home to a true freshman QB. But they also ended up with more points. I think they are legit because they can run the damn ball!
    Winners win.

Hatters hat.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I like our chances in the college football playoff this year....
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If one loss Florida beats unbeaten Bama in the SEC title game and Clemson beats Notre Dame you have 4 teams that played a full schedule with one loss. Tough even for the B1G to get in. The Big 12 and the Pac are out.
  • Options
    bearcats6969bearcats6969 Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Y’all wanna see us lose to BYU?

The top 25 is ludicrous. I'm not even saying we're that amazing but I think we would easily beat at least ~10 of the teams in the Top 25. I get why it is the way it is but come on. Tulsa, Louisiana, Liberty, Northwestern, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, BYU, Cincinnati...

I'd love to put BYwho in their rightful place.
    @bearcats6969 will not stand for this outrageous katz slander
    Listen here you salmon sodomizers. Yall dont have a Heisman frontrunner on your team. We do with Desmond Ridder. Dude is going to be playing on Sundays. Also, Sauce Gardner is probably the best DB in the country. What yall dont know is that we are racking up four stars with elite swiftness. I dont have time to fuck around with yall. I have to worry about that left-handed shithead, Dillon Gabriel. I hope we Mackenzie Milton his knee and fly back up in the rankings to the top 4 which is where we should be. I'd be worried about big dick fick flying into seattle and flipping a few of your soft west coast players. they will toughen up in the good ole midwest
    Van Soderburg just breathing easy glad he didn’t get bodied for the 10th time by the Kat man

i mean just look at this shithead. he looks like he domed 4 mgs of xanax while he sat his ass on the bench for the 12th straight game
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2020

Interesting takes by Eddie. Hopefullythe coaches have the same take and replace "somebody"

-On shutting Oregon State down after halftime, Ulofoshio said they realized they were getting gashed and that it was "somebody's fault" and that they needed to make the adjustments and they needed to follow the coaches' directions and make the adjustments on the field
    -Ulofoishio noted that they just needed to do their job as far as stopping Oregon State's running game. He said they were "getting creased" by the Beavers and that it wasn't a scheme thing, but more guys not doing their jobs and that's something they had to focus on in the second half and as they continue to get ready for Arizona

Cough cough Ryan Bowman, Bronson and Jackson Sirmon
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

Interesting takes by Eddie. Hopefullythe coaches have the same take and replace "somebody"

-On shutting Oregon State down after halftime, Ulofoshio said they realized they were getting gashed and that it was "somebody's fault" and that they needed to make the adjustments and they needed to follow the coaches' directions and make the adjustments on the field
    -Ulofoishio noted that they just needed to do their job as far as stopping Oregon State's running game. He said they were "getting creased" by the Beavers and that it wasn't a scheme thing, but more guys not doing their jobs and that's something they had to focus on in the second half and as they continue to get ready for Arizona

Exactly. Sounds like Kwat and Lake had the right adjustments but the players weren’t executing. A little bit of the trying too hard to make a play instead of staying in your assignment.

“In terms of OSU, they were making creases against us because either I wouldn’t stay in my gap or another person wouldn’t stay in their gap. And they would make creases because we’re trying to make a play, and you shed but your responsibility is his gap. Like when I say discipline it’s like discipline in trusting that your guys can do their job and you’re going to do your job. Trusting each other. That’s what I mean by discipline. That was the adjustment, ‘do your job’.”

Yeah smalls got caught getting crumpled inside a lot and the DTs couldn’t hold the point of attack all that well...

There is no scheme that can cover up personnel difficulties if Asa and whoever else is playing LB next to uolofoshioio is on the field.

BUT, Irregardless of the mute point the scheme was two deep safeties and let the middle of the defense get ripped apart by the run... not sure what they are talking about
    I’m surprised I’m surprised that people keep talking about being frustrated by the two deep safeties scheme with the safeties nearly off the tv screen. That is the same scheme UW has been running for years. It’s Kwats main strategy, don’t give up explosive plays. Force the opposing offense to sustain long drives without making mistakes.

It’s driven people nuts for years, bend but don’t break, lack of safety run support, etc etc etc.

All it’s done was lead the league in defense multiple years in a row and still be top 15 in the country last year despite 10 new starters. It’s effective, even if it’s hair pulling.

Even Saturday, 14 points because the Beavers weren’t able to sustain drive after drive after drive. They did it a couple times, but not enough.
    We gave up 252 yards. The run defense was ugly, but if we gave up 252 yards per game we would rank very high in total defense. After one game it’s 3rd this year.

The run defense needs to be better but we have a great secondary and we got to the QB a few times.
    Interestingly enough, I started drinking early tonight and wanted to watch a replay of the game. I had this weird feeling of the defense not being that bad on Saturday, while at the same time remember busted run after busted run. Throw in the general replies of how bad the defense was here and I was left mixed.

I just finished and came here to poast what I saw:

Total numbers look nice off the top. 252 total, 85 passing, 167 rushing. Also just 23 minutes of possession, 4-12 3rd down conversion, and 1-3 4th down conversion.

As you mentioned @RoadDawg55, that’s 3rd for yards per game, 6th in yards per play, and 7th in points allowed (the 14 the defense allowed anyway).

But the biggest concern was the run defense and the chunk plays. After watching it again, it wasn’t nearly as bad as it seemed.

Of the 167 total rushing yards the Beavers had, 131 of those came on 2 drives. The other 7 drives only netted 36 rushing yards. 5 yards per drive.

After Edefuan’s comments about a couple of drives having guys not sticking to their assignments and trusting what the coaches were telling them, it makes me feel more optimistic in what I was seeing. It’s disheartening to watch a team slice through your defense like a hot knife on two long drives with big chunk plays, but it seems clear to me it wasn’t a systemic issue that can’t be fixed.

What is more concerning to me was why there was such a lack of rotation in the defense. With Taki and Latu out, the only regular subs I saw was Tuitele on the line, Tuputala at ILB, and Smalls at Buck. That is not typical of a Kwat defense. Not sure if he was protecting the freshman or what, but it gives me hesitation.
    It’s almost like losing Tuli, Latu, Levi, and Tryon left us with a lack of depth or something
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Exactly. Sounds like Kwat and Lake had the right adjustments but the players weren’t executing. A little bit of the trying too hard to make a play instead of staying in your assignment.

“In terms of OSU, they were making creases against us because either I wouldn’t stay in my gap or another person wouldn’t stay in their gap. And they would make creases because we’re trying to make a play, and you shed but your responsibility is his gap. Like when I say discipline it’s like discipline in trusting that your guys can do their job and you’re going to do your job. Trusting each other. That’s what I mean by discipline. That was the adjustment, ‘do your job’.”

Yeah smalls got caught getting crumpled inside a lot and the DTs couldn’t hold the point of attack all that well...

There is no scheme that can cover up personnel difficulties if Asa and whoever else is playing LB next to uolofoshioio is on the field.

BUT, Irregardless of the mute point the scheme was two deep safeties and let the middle of the defense get ripped apart by the run... not sure what they are talking about
    I’m surprised I’m surprised that people keep talking about being frustrated by the two deep safeties scheme with the safeties nearly off the tv screen. That is the same scheme UW has been running for years. It’s Kwats main strategy, don’t give up explosive plays. Force the opposing offense to sustain long drives without making mistakes.

It’s driven people nuts for years, bend but don’t break, lack of safety run support, etc etc etc.

All it’s done was lead the league in defense multiple years in a row and still be top 15 in the country last year despite 10 new starters. It’s effective, even if it’s hair pulling.

Even Saturday, 14 points because the Beavers weren’t able to sustain drive after drive after drive. They did it a couple times, but not enough.
    We gave up 252 yards. The run defense was ugly, but if we gave up 252 yards per game we would rank very high in total defense. After one game it’s 3rd this year.

The run defense needs to be better but we have a great secondary and we got to the QB a few times.
    Interestingly enough, I started drinking early tonight and wanted to watch a replay of the game. I had this weird feeling of the defense not being that bad on Saturday, while at the same time remember busted run after busted run. Throw in the general replies of how bad the defense was here and I was left mixed.

I just finished and came here to poast what I saw:

Total numbers look nice off the top. 252 total, 85 passing, 167 rushing. Also just 23 minutes of possession, 4-12 3rd down conversion, and 1-3 4th down conversion.

As you mentioned @RoadDawg55, that’s 3rd for yards per game, 6th in yards per play, and 7th in points allowed (the 14 the defense allowed anyway).

But the biggest concern was the run defense and the chunk plays. After watching it again, it wasn’t nearly as bad as it seemed.

Of the 167 total rushing yards the Beavers had, 131 of those came on 2 drives. The other 7 drives only netted 36 rushing yards. 5 yards per drive.

After Edefuan’s comments about a couple of drives having guys not sticking to their assignments and trusting what the coaches were telling them, it makes me feel more optimistic in what I was seeing. It’s disheartening to watch a team slice through your defense like a hot knife on two long drives with big chunk plays, but it seems clear to me it wasn’t a systemic issue that can’t be fixed.

What is more concerning to me was why there was such a lack of rotation in the defense. With Taki and Latu out, the only regular subs I saw was Tuitele on the line, Tuputala at ILB, and Smalls at Buck. That is not typical of a Kwat defense. Not sure if he was protecting the freshman or what, but it gives me hesitation.
    It’s almost like losing Tuli, Latu, Levi, and Tryon left us with a lack of depth or something
    Even though you’re 100% accurate on this, regurgitating BDTW and TSIO talking points can lead to a heavy dosage of humble pie eventually
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    offseason natty in han

This is on Tryon's "One shining moment" segment. Imagine turning in this play and peacing out.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

offseason natty in han

This is on Tryon's "One shining moment" segment. Imagine turning in this play and peacing out.
    He didn't peace out. He came back to play another season. Then the Pac decided they weren't interested in having a season and he left.

I support him 181%.

Fuck the Pac.
    Yes fuck the pac but he also could’ve come back as did this bullshit of a season. He didn’t.