Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

haie said:

At least Sark hung like 90 on OSU

That was the most well executed Sark game of all time. But Beavlet talent was even more depleted than it was on Saturday, and Cyler Miles had his best game ever living off of play action.
    Beavlet was way better back when Sark blew them out. They had Mannion and Cooks. That was the best game Sark ever had. Oregon State didn’t show up that night.
    As someone forced to attend a lot of their games in person, they were completely fucked by 2013.

It was known that Riley tanked recruiting hard at that point, Mannion was a turnover machine and they weren't getting the transfers they are now (or the kind when they were good).

Boosters wanted to can Riley and it was bottoming out. That 2013 team was not better than their team last year, in my opinion.

I was at the game that night. Sark didn't do shit to them outside of that game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

The first drive, the one that ended in the Bynum drop -- amazing throw by Morris there.

edit: looks like the P12 Network yanked the video for copyright (LMAO) so I can't post the film.

That drop and Nacua's later in the half were unacceptable.

Maybe we are just overrating our receiver talent at this point. It feels like it's been 2-3 seasons now where we can't rely on a fucking receiver to hit a slant to move the sticks.

Also we run the most vanilla fucking prevent 'please just kick a fg on us' pussy defense. We beg teams to gash us on the ground the same way we want to do.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,714
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is going to be some totally subjective eye test crap but even Morris’ good throws were off in terms of touch or timing.

Bynum dropped that third down pass because it got there too early and it was moving too fast Bynum was just turning and the ball was already on him and it had no air under it.

Not really surprising for first game as a redshirt frosh I expect he will improve as he seems to work hard unlike our last freshman starter.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is going to be some totally subjective eye test crap but even Morris’ good throws were off in terms of touch or timing.

Bynum dropped that third down pass because it got there too early and it was moving too fast Bynum was just turning and the ball was already on him and it had no air under it.

Not really surprising for first game as a redshirt frosh I expect he will improve as he seems to work hard unlike our last freshman starter.

The drop by Nacua, I would sit his ass on the bench and tell him to go the fuck back to Provo and play a bitch schedule with that bitch ass effort on critical 3rd down.

Disagree about the Bynum drop too.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,714
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

It hit Bynum’s hands. Morris has some pressure in his face too. I agree that it could have had more touch but make the play. It should have been caught. WR’s have been disappointing every year except 2016.
    Yeah he will usually make the catch anyway but this time he didn’t. Bynum is legit though he looked really good.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

digits said:

Emoterman said:

Larry Tripplett. Dude was a BEAST.
    We would not have beat Colorado in 2000 without him. Was absolutely dominant when the rest of the team was playing shitty. Played great vs Miami too.
    Damn good call. I had to look that up, I didn't even remember we? played the Buffs that season. However, I was probably still on a bender from the Miami game. CSB.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

It hit Bynum’s hands. Morris has some pressure in his face too. I agree that it could have had more touch but make the play. It should have been caught. WR’s have been disappointing every year except 2016.
    Morris had to get rid of that ball before the route was finished. That was a timing issue.

The timing was off all around. You would expect a bump in game 2.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    lawsandl said:

Morris had to get rid of that ball before the route was finished. That was a timing issue.

The timing was off all around. You would expect a bump in game 2.

Is Dr Feelgood back??
    This is my kind of incentive plan; sign us up!

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,585
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

After the game Lake mentioned that the offense can change its focus week to week, and they’re going to lean on whatever weakness the other team has.

I remember hearing an OSU beat writer mentioning that they were thin at DT and that the heaviest guy they had was 285.

My guess is that with the rain, with a RS Frosh QB, and with an inexperienced but large OL, Lake wanted to really focus on controlling the game and hammer OSU’s biggest weakness and build confidence in the OL.

Not sure if that means he will air it out against teams with shit secondaries, but I’m interested in how game plans change from week to week.

I read somewhere that two of JD's better players from back in the day complimented him by saying that JD's strength was the changeable nature of his offensive game plan to scheme to take advantage of the personnel he had to work with and to adapt the offense to attack the weakness of the defense they were playing that week ~ which when you think about it is how you would compliment an OC if you intended to, but the players were impressed with JD's adeptness to change up from week to week.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Probably true but as a college football WR on scholarship at a P5 school....you've got to catch those.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    Standard Supporter
    Per the twatters, Jermaine Kearse is now "on staff". Maybe he will be helping the receivers learn how to catch the damn ball
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,514
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Per the twatters, Jermaine Kearse is now "on staff". Maybe he will be helping the receivers learn how to catch the damn ball

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Per the twatters, Jermaine Kearse is now "on staff". Maybe he will be helping the receivers learn how to catch the damn ball pay for all the receivers to get Lasik.

I'm hearing @GrandpaSankey is working on a volunteer basis as well.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,544
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Per the twatters, Jermaine Kearse is now "on staff". Maybe he will be helping the receivers learn how to catch the damn ball pay for all the receivers to get Lasik.

God damn you! I always read the wrong thread, first.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

After the game Lake mentioned that the offense can change its focus week to week, and they’re going to lean on whatever weakness the other team has.

I remember hearing an OSU beat writer mentioning that they were thin at DT and that the heaviest guy they had was 285.

My guess is that with the rain, with a RS Frosh QB, and with an inexperienced but large OL, Lake wanted to really focus on controlling the game and hammer OSU’s biggest weakness and build confidence in the OL.

Not sure if that means he will air it out against teams with shit secondaries, but I’m interested in how game plans change from week to week.

I read somewhere that two of JD's better players from back in the day complimented him by saying that JD's strength was the changeable nature of his offensive game plan to scheme to take advantage of the personnel he had to work with and to adapt the offense to attack the weakness of the defense they were playing that week ~ which when you think about it is how you would compliment an OC if you intended to, but the players were impressed with JD's adeptness to change up from week to week.
    It was a quote from a Vanderbilt lineman Caple wrote about earlier.

Here is the direct quote for the pours that don’t subscribe:

Wesley Johnson, who played for Donovan as an offensive lineman at Vanderbilt: “I always thought if I ever coached offense, my playbook would reflect his, because it allows the flexibility to kind of do whatever you want, based on your players. There were some games where we would spread it out and we would pass a lot. There were some games where we ran it 40 to 50 times.”