Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is it with Seattle sports media?

CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
I was just in the truck listening to KJR (I know, I know...I should DIAFF) and Ian and his fellow fucknuggets were wondering who the Seahooks should acquire as their backup QB now that they kicked Matt Flynn down to Oakland.

Ian brought up bringing back Seneca Wallace and one of Ian's fucknuggets said that was out of the question because Wallace struggles with dyslexia and it took him way too long to learn Holmgren's offense and he would have to go through that again with Darrell Bevell's playbook.

Now, to my point...why the fuck is the public just finding out about something like this now? What the fuck is preventing people who cover sports in this fuckhole city from reporting on shit like this? It's not good enough that Kim and the gang cover for the AD and Sark, so now the media has to cover up a QB who has a learning disability?

I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to know if the backup QB of my favorite team has trouble reading the fucking playbook. Same with Vin Baker...why didn't we know he was hungover nearly every damn game he played for the Sonics until he was gone? Why didn't anyone in the Seattle sports media print that Kazuhiro Sasaki (former M's closer) broke his ribs in a bar fight and not carrying his luggage up a flight of stairs? Fuck.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Three words:

Victory and Ruins
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    never bite the hand that feeds you.....until they are out of town, then bite away.

never bite the hand that feeds you.....until they are out of town, then bite away.

Kim Grinolds and I shared a nice glass of wine and a crisp salad together after reading your post.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,208 Founders Club
    The same thing happened with Joe DiMaggio in the 1930s... It was reported he got hurt stepping out his vehicle, but in reality it was some sort of altercation at a nightclub in the wee hours.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    I always enjoy hard hitting editorials by staff calling for their head the day after said person was fired.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,208 Founders Club
    I remember an internal email that Dave Samek sent to all Dawgman staff in 2003. He said how great it was that I was writing articles "telling it like it is" while Fetters and others were doing the "nuts and bolts" stuff... He loved the direction we were all going... And then Kim told me that Fetters responded with a furious tirade at him and Dave, basically expressing that he felt unappreciated.

Then somewhere along the line, Kim started telling me "we don't do editorials." Imagine my surprise each week as Baird wrote a pro-Ty editorial, followed by Samek's Profile in Courage editorial in Oct 2008. Oh well, what are you gonna do?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,319 Founders Club

I remember an internal email that Dave Samek sent to all Dawgman staff in 2003. He said how great it was that I was writing articles "telling it like it is" while Fetters and others were doing the "nuts and bolts" stuff... He loved the direction we were all going... And then Kim told me that Fetters responded with a furious tirade at him and Dave, basically expressing that he felt unappreciated.

Then somewhere along the line, Kim started telling me "we don't do editorials." Imagine my surprise each week as Baird wrote a pro-Ty editorial, followed by Samek's Profile in Courage editorial in Oct 2008. Oh well, what are you gonna do?

Quit on the spot

Sounds like Kim is being the bigger man here. He reached out to you.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,843 Founders Club
    Looks like you have all the screen shots you need.

On a different subject, why is someone using my photo over at DMC?
    edited April 2013
    You should threaten to sue them to take down that photo
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

Sounds like Kim is being the bigger man here. He reached out to you.

Kim is such a fucking liar. Oh yeah, in other news...water is wet.
    Perhaps Kim would like to describe how he told all his subscribers that "Race Bannon hasn't been banned, he's welcome back at any time," but then privately told me "Race Bannon is dead to us. If you post his name it will be deleted. We are done with him."

Kim flat-out lied to everyone.

Perhaps Kim would like to describe how he told all his subscribers that "Race Bannon hasn't been banned, he's welcome back at any time," but then privately told me "Race Bannon is dead to us. If you post his name it will be deleted. We are done with him."

Or that I was banned because I told him to fuck off. I was banned because I wasn't funny after 23 times. Simple fact.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

Or that I was banned because I told him to fuck off. I was banned because I wasn't funny after 23 times. Simple fact.
    I kind of wish Kim's version of the story was true.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,843 Founders Club

You should threaten to sue them to take down that photo

You're right. After all, Fox works for us!

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

You're butthurtedness over doogman is well documented. I'm torn.

Half the time I think: Let.It.Go.

The other half of the time I think: Exposing GrinFatters never gets old, kind of the Grateful Dead (best jam band of all time)

The other 50% of the time, I'm like: DIAFF. Lather.Rinse. Repeat. Water wettens.
    TheGlove said:

The other half of the time I think: Exposing GrinFatters never gets old, kind of the Grateful Dead (best jam band of all time)

The other 50% of the time, I'm like: DIAFF. Lather.Rinse. Repeat. Water wettens.
    I hate it when der Golve is right, but dude is totally right here.

It probably is time to let it go.
    edited April 2013

TheGlove said:

I hate it when der Golve is right, but dude is totally right here.

It probably is time to let it go.
    Disagree. We have to occasionally be reminded of the suffering we have endured to get us here. It would be like forgetting the tyranny of the British that lead to the birth of our great nation. It would be like forgetting Pearl Harbor and what the damn Japs did to us.

I couple years back I forget about 9/11 for a few days, then I saw a t shirt and remembered. DJ is our t shirt.

Thank you.