Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Diamond Head Classic OFFICIAL Thread

Comments

• Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Horrendous game from McDaniels outside of the first 10 minutes or so. Pick the ball up man
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,208
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    McDaniels trying to run back on the fast break instead of getting the rebound right in front of his face. This dude hella overrated bros
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Jaden and Naz get called for that push off offensive foul so goddamn much. McDaniels picks his fourth up in transition like that? Just dumb. Have some feel, dude.

Then Naz hammers a guy with a second on the shot clock. Lot of dumb shit.

Yes and yes. Exactly why teams with a ton of freshman rarely get deep into the tournament.
    Absolutely, and I think it really screws up the whole sport. I really wish the NBA would either go the same route as the NFL, in that players need to be 3 years removed from high school before entering the draft, or simply scrap the whole thing altogether and just allow players to be drafted straight out of high school again.
    I like two years in college and expand the D league with an association too every NBA team. Let them go to college or play every day in the AAA.
    I could get behind that idea.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    That was fucking awful for Jaden. I'm waiting for a push off offensive foul here.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    This loss is legit on McDaniels
  • Options
    Jaden is not good. Complete lack of feel for the game on all levels
  • Options

This loss is legit on McDaniels

Completely laughable that he was rated a top 10 recruit. NBA bust written all over him
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Jaden is not good. Complete lack of feel for the game on all levels

He is the definition of mentally weak. He doesnt want to be there
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 431
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    ntxduck said:

Doogles said:

It's too early to say, but today feels like a must win for the tourney. At least a pretty big insurance policy.

Unless the offense takes considerable leaps forward and we prove we can break a press against athletic teams, 10-8 might be a stretch in the Pac.

This feels like a real opportunity to grab a second "good" ooc road/neutral win to pair with Baylor and save our ass if we slip to the bubble.

I’d be surprised if UW didn’t win. Houston definitely not as good as they have been the last 2 years. Keep them off the offensive glass (they have a ton of length and love to crash) and UW should be ok
    16 offensive boards for Houston =loss
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

McDaniels trying to run back on the fast break instead of getting the rebound right in front of his face. This dude hella overrated bros

You can see there is a ton of potential but the difference between him and Stewart is insane.
    McDaniels is BTP "Elite" in that IF he reaches his ceiling he'll be a very good player after 3 years in the NBA. Right now he's an incredibly inconsistent player game to game, half to half, possession to possession. He has flashes of brilliance, but does a lot of really dumb shit in between. Flashes don't win you games.

Stewart is elite in that he comes out and imposes his will every. single. game.

I don't care what kind of player McDaniels will be in 2023 for the Detroit Pistons. Stewart >>>
    Jaden will get snapped in half by NBA men.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Turns out we still suck.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    uhhh we lost to fucking Houston? Time to recalibrate expectations on the season. Just hoping to back our way into the NCAAs now. Embarrassing.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Ball state is a Good opponent!!!

So is Texas Southern!!
    No one tried to seriously claim Texas Southern as a good win, is the difference.
    I didn't say it was a "good win" cum stain, I said that Ball St. is a good opponent who we beat by 20+. They're a decent basketball team expected to finish near the top of their conference.

Oregon almost lost to Texas Southern who was 3-9...

See the difference? Jesus.
    Umm, seems like those two descriptions make the same point cum stain. Or do you mean something else by "good opponent who we beat by 20+"?
    No. They're not one in the same. If it was a good good win I would have said as much.

I thought beating them by 20+ was a quality performance... a good win would be eeking one out against Baylor.
    Huh?
    @BroadcastingDawg has had a less than auspicious start on HCH. He's trying to get better at this.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Ball state is a Good opponent!!!

So is Texas Southern!!
    No one tried to seriously claim Texas Southern as a good win, is the difference.
    I didn't say it was a "good win" cum stain, I said that Ball St. is a good opponent who we beat by 20+. They're a decent basketball team expected to finish near the top of their conference.

Oregon almost lost to Texas Southern who was 3-9...

See the difference? Jesus.
    Umm, seems like those two descriptions make the same point cum stain. Or do you mean something else by "good opponent who we beat by 20+"?
    No. They're not one in the same. If it was a good good win I would have said as much.

I thought beating them by 20+ was a quality performance... a good win would be eeking one out against Baylor.
    Huh?
    @BroadcastingDawg has had a less than auspicious start on HCH. He's trying to get better at this.
    That ball state win will be enough to get in as an at large. Big time non con win
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Turns out we still suck.

It appears back in the poll in October we both voted for:
    "Upper echelon of the Pac-12 finish + NCAA tournament early exit"

For me, at least, almost nothing's changed. A team doesn't lose the kind of production UW did from last year and not have struggles unless they're annually reloading with incredible players like Kentucky.

If anything, Stewart has been better than I expected. Most everyone else on roster is just ok. Not a special team; would be happy to be wrong.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Turns out we still suck.

For me, at least, almost nothing's changed. A team doesn't lose the kind of production UW did from last year and not have struggles unless they're annually reloading with incredible players like Kentucky.

If anything, Stewart has been better than I expected. Most everyone else on roster is just ok. Not a special team; would be happy to be wrong.
    Green is starting to ball actually
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Turns out we still suck.

Yep. I still see it. Top quarter of conference, 10ish seed and blown out the first weekend.