Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Diamond Head Classic OFFICIAL Thread

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

2001400ex said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Ball state is a Good opponent!!!

So is Texas Southern!!
    No one tried to seriously claim Texas Southern as a good win, is the difference.
    I didn't say it was a "good win" cum stain, I said that Ball St. is a good opponent who we beat by 20+. They're a decent basketball team expected to finish near the top of their conference.

Oregon almost lost to Texas Southern who was 3-9...

See the difference? Jesus.
    Ball state is not a good opponent. At all. By any metric.
    Net, RPI, KenPom, and Sagarin all disagree with you. Quad 3 is "good". Quad 4 is "shit". Quad 2 is "pretty good". Quad 1 is "great". HTH
    So 75% of teams are classified as good? Sure
    That's not how the quads work. They aren't 25% each. You have to be top 150 out of over 300 on nuetral court for quad 3.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2019
    2001400ex said:

ntxduck said:

2001400ex said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

So is Texas Southern!!
    No one tried to seriously claim Texas Southern as a good win, is the difference.
    I didn't say it was a "good win" cum stain, I said that Ball St. is a good opponent who we beat by 20+. They're a decent basketball team expected to finish near the top of their conference.

Net, RPI, KenPom, and Sagarin all disagree with you. Quad 3 is "good". Quad 4 is "shit". Quad 2 is "pretty good". Quad 1 is "great". HTH
    That's not how the quads work. They aren't 25% each. You have to be top 150 out of over 300 on nuetral court for quad 3.
    So 150 of 320 d1 teams are “good”? Someone tell the cougs they’re good, they’ll be thrilled
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

2001400ex said:

ntxduck said:

2001400ex said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

So is Texas Southern!!

So 150 of 320 d1 teams are “good”? Someone tell the cougs they’re good, they’ll be thrilled
    Well they are 128. So sure.
  • Options
    And last part of first half and most of this half we have been pushing the ball and playing better. Weird.

Still too many dumb turnovers tho. And we can't rebound this half. For some reason.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    This crowd is dumb.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Damn this is chippy
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This crowd is dumb.

Other than living in paradise rather than the many shitholes of the lower 48.......
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Uw is getting a pass for how terrible they have played this evening. Passive would be the nicest way i can say it. Their record will not translate to pac12 schedule as they are playing
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    Hawaii shot 39 3's... one dude was 1-17... their strategy was literally to clank 3's and hope they could get enough offensive rebounds to stay in it.

I'll give Hawaii credit, they knew they couldn't match up physically, so they did literally everything else to try and pull this one out.

I thought UW did a nice job keeping their head's together... at the end of the day they made Hawaii look like the chumps they were trying to bate us to be.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Uw is getting a pass for how terrible they have played this evening. Passive would be the nicest way i can say it. Their record will not translate to pac12 schedule as they are playing

PAC 12 will be tough with Oregon and Arizona. Utah has a big win vs Kentucky too.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

So is Texas Southern!!

Umm, seems like those two descriptions make the same point cum stain. Or do you mean something else by "good opponent who we beat by 20+"?
  • Options
    edited December 2019

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

So is Texas Southern!!

Umm, seems like those two descriptions make the same point cum stain. Or do you mean something else by "good opponent who we beat by 20+"?
    No. They're not one in the same. If it was a good good win I would have said as much.

I thought beating them by 20+ was a quality performance... a good win would be eeking one out against Baylor.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

PAC 12 will be tough with Oregon and Arizona. Utah has a big win vs Kentucky too.
    I think USC is super talented this year, as well. Just depends if Enfield can get out of the way or not
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    PAC-12 ranks/predicted finish in conference

Tier 1
    Oregon
    UW
    Arizona
    Colorado

Tier 2
    Oregon State
    USC
    Stanford
    Utah

Tier 3
    ASU
    UCLA
    WSU

Tier 4
    Cal
  • Options
    dawgs206 said:

Tier 1
    Oregon
    UW
    Arizona
    Colorado

Tier 2
    Oregon State
    USC
    Stanford
    Utah

Tier 3
    ASU
    UCLA
    WSU

Tier 4
    Cal

Cal still too high.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

So is Texas Southern!!

No. They're not one in the same. If it was a good good win I would have said as much.

I thought beating them by 20+ was a quality performance... a good win would be eeking one out against Baylor.
    JFC. As if the phrase, "it was a good win" had a precise meaning. Fuck outta here with your weak ass rationalized point of view.
  • Options
    dawgs206 said:

Tier 1
    Oregon
    UW
    Arizona
    Colorado

Tier 2
    Oregon State
    USC
    Stanford
    Utah

Tier 3
    ASU
    UCLA
    WSU

Tier 4
    Cal

I fucking hate Joe Lunardi.

You know he has UW currently in the tournament as a 10 seed and dropping?

But he has Arizona in at a solid 5.

Arizona has lost to the only 2 ranked teams they've played, Baylor and Gonzaga... UW beat Baylor and lost to Gonzaga...

Arizona struggled immensely against 2x mid majors in South Dakota St. and Pepperdine... really should have lost to Pepperdine if it weren't for a major stroke of luck on a loose ball late.

Seriously, fuck that guy.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dawgs206 said:

Tier 1
    Oregon
    UW
    Arizona
    Colorado

Tier 2
    Oregon State
    USC
    Stanford
    Utah

Tier 3
    ASU
    UCLA
    WSU

Tier 4
    Cal

Furd too low. They good this year.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dawgs206 said:

Tier 1
    Oregon
    UW
    Arizona
    Colorado

Tier 2
    Oregon State
    USC
    Stanford
    Utah

Tier 3
    ASU
    UCLA
    WSU

Tier 4
    Cal

Furd too low. They good this year.
    Probably true. They’ve mainly beat up on a weak non-conference schedule, but they took down Butler and destroyed Oklahoma (who beat Oregon State). Their Net ranking will drop, but yea, they could be top of Tier 2. I gave the edge to OSU because of Tinkle probably being the best college player in the PAC, but would switch them and USC if I could edit my OP.