Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Salmon Akhmed

Comments

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,334

Everyone seems to hate all of our backs

It's not the backs

Who hates Dick Newton?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,099
    Beno4Life said:

I don’t understand the hate toward Ahmed’s game.

That said, Dick Newton is my favorite offensive player. Talk about an alpha and having fun and leading with action. Damn.

I don't hate him. He's ok. We've seen 5 other backs who were better over the past 12 years or so. Ahmed would be more useful if he could catch out of the backfield.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,362 Founders Club

It's not the backs

Who hates Dick Newton?
    @backthepack
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,937

Well no shit. Anyone who thinks he's an early draft pick is as blind as @GrandpaSankey

@backthepack ? You have vision problems brother man? I didn't know. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry.

Beno4Life said:

That said, Dick Newton is my favorite offensive player. Talk about an alpha and having fun and leading with action. Damn.

Too many zero yard runs. Limited vision. Can't really break tackles. Electric speed but you have to acknowledge the shortcomings, it's not a black or white issue.

He is not in the same league as Polk, Sankey, or Gaskin, and that's okay, but it is what it is.
    It is arguably hubris that you even wrote what you wrote relative to those guysms; exspecially Gaskins.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Well no shit. Anyone who thinks he's an early draft pick is as blind as @GrandpaSankey

@backthepack ? You have vision problems brother man? I didn't know. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry.
    I never said he’s an early round pick. RB don’t matter in the NFL lol. He was one of the best backs in the conference this year just like I said he would be.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

It's not the backs

I’m hearing running back coaching in college doesn’t matter because all the players reach their ceiling in high school and never get any better.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,709 Swaye's Wigwam

It's not the backs

Hopefully still looking for his replacement before the couch sale announcement
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Beno4Life said:

I don't hate him. He's ok. We've seen 5 other backs who were better over the past 12 years or so. Ahmed would be more useful if he could catch out of the backfield.
    Hard to catch the ball out of the backfield when the OC never calls a passing play to the most explosive player on the roster.

Meanwhile that little bitch Borghi is getting CMC comps because he’s getting 10 targets a game minimum.

This was 100% coaching. Salvon’s biggest weakness is vision. Beyond that, he’s a high end PAC-12 RB. Carr is probably the only guy I’d take over him.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,692

Beno4Life said:

Hard to catch the ball out of the backfield when the OC never calls a passing play to the most explosive player on the roster.

Meanwhile that little bitch Borghi is getting CMC comps because he’s getting 10 targets a game minimum.

This was 100% coaching. Salvon’s biggest weakness is vision. Beyond that, he’s a high end PAC-12 RB. Carr is probably the only guy I’d take over him.
    Ahmed should always have a special package every game just because. He should be in motion and going lateral and getting catches on designed plays in addition to his normal carrying duties. I agree better coaching can squeeze more yards and big plays from Salvon.

He's a back with serious top shelf talent in some respects. The 89 yarder vs USC was absolutely epic and hugely clutch.

That being said RB is position that in CFB can usually overcome the worst coaching. Gaskin could have had 2,000 yards a year in this system because he's a guy that gets every single available yard every time. In other words a hugely talented RB who can make dumb coaches look like they know what they are doing. You either have it or you don't.

I mean, Shaq Thompson could have been a 2,000 yard guy at RB at UW.
    Please show me where I said Salvon was elite?

I may have said Salvon has elite burst which he does...

dnc said:

I think BTP was more right than wrong about Salvon.

He wasn't MMFG but he was a good Pac12 back.

Depends on which BTP take you're talking about.

There's a version of it that he used when @Ballz was here to help him out that was: "he's an elite talent. saying he isn't is fs lol"; "Ahmed is elite. lol." "Elite talent; we'll be fine. lol."

And so on and so forth.

If someone making finger tip contact with your thighs causes you to trip up, you're not an elite running back. If you struggle to see holes develop, you're not an elite back. If you dance in one place and get taken down for 1 or 0 yard gains, you're not an elite back. If you don't show up on game-critical short and distance downs, you're not an elite back.

Breaking one for 40 and showing great acceleration when you do doesn't change that.

He's not in the same solar system as Gaskins.
    I never said he was Myles Gaskin?

Crooked Creep likes to lie and blur the line between Ballz and I. Fuck off back to the Quoone bored you fucking cuntsicle.

dnc said:

I think BTP was more right than wrong about Salvon.

He wasn't MMFG but he was a good Pac12 back.

Depends on which BTP take you're talking about.

There's a version of it that he used when @Ballz was here to help him out that was: "he's an elite talent. saying he isn't is fs lol"; "Ahmed is elite. lol." "Elite talent; we'll be fine. lol."

And so on and so forth.

If someone making finger tip contact with your thighs causes you to trip up, you're not an elite running back. If you struggle to see holes develop, you're not an elite back. If you dance in one place and get taken down for 1 or 0 yard gains, you're not an elite back. If you don't show up on game-critical short and distance downs, you're not an elite back.

Breaking one for 40 and showing great acceleration when you do doesn't change that.

He's not in the same solar system as Gaskins.
    I never said he was Myles Gaskin?

Crooked Creep likes to lie and blur the line between Ballz and I. Fuck off back to the Quoone bored you fucking cuntsicle.
    Don't talk to me.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,494 Founders Club
    Ahmed is good but nothing special. Don't leave early. You'll end up in Edmonton.