Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Salmon Akhmed

13»

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

dnc said:

I think BTP was more right than wrong about Salvon.

He wasn't MMFG but he was a good Pac12 back.

Depends on which BTP take you're talking about.

There's a version of it that he used when @Ballz was here to help him out that was: "he's an elite talent. saying he isn't is fs lol"; "Ahmed is elite. lol." "Elite talent; we'll be fine. lol."

And so on and so forth.

If someone making finger tip contact with your thighs causes you to trip up, you're not an elite running back. If you struggle to see holes develop, you're not an elite back. If you dance in one place and get taken down for 1 or 0 yard gains, you're not an elite back. If you don't show up on game-critical short and distance downs, you're not an elite back.

Breaking one for 40 and showing great acceleration when you do doesn't change that.

He's not in the same solar system as Gaskins.
    I never said he was Myles Gaskin?

Crooked Creep likes to lie and blur the line between Ballz and I. Fuck off back to the Quoone bored you fucking cuntsicle.
    Don't talk to me.
    Ok bitch.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Beno4Life said:

I don’t understand the hate toward Ahmed’s game.

That said, Dick Newton is my favorite offensive player. Talk about an alpha and having fun and leading with action. Damn.

I don't hate him. He's ok. We've seen 5 other backs who were better over the past 12 years or so. Ahmed would be more useful if he could catch out of the backfield.
    Hard to catch the ball out of the backfield when the OC never calls a passing play to the most explosive player on the roster.

Meanwhile that little bitch Borghi is getting CMC comps because he’s getting 10 targets a game minimum.

This was 100% coaching. Salvon’s biggest weakness is vision. Beyond that, he’s a high end PAC-12 RB. Carr is probably the only guy I’d take over him.
    Carr? His TBS ranking skews the reality. He’s been at USC three years and has never been the main guy.

I would take Moss, Verdell, Borghi (team PGOS), and probably Benjamin over Ahmed. Kelly on UCLA is a solid back too, just on a bad team.

We still haven’t really seen Ahmed used correctly. I agree he should get a couple more touches every game via the pass. He could be a great player in the Chico role and is the only guy on the roster that role makes sense for.
    IDGAF about TBS rankings. The dude gets 10 carries thanks to Helton being a retard. He’s fucking good. If USC feeds him they beat us rather easily.

Borghi is a system guy and Verdell runs behind a great OL.

Neither would be better than Carr or Ahmed in a vacuum.

Beno4Life said:

That said, Dick Newton is my favorite offensive player. Talk about an alpha and having fun and leading with action. Damn.

I don't hate him. He's ok. We've seen 5 other backs who were better over the past 12 years or so. Ahmed would be more useful if he could catch out of the backfield.
    Hard to catch the ball out of the backfield when the OC never calls a passing play to the most explosive player on the roster.

Meanwhile that little bitch Borghi is getting CMC comps because he’s getting 10 targets a game minimum.

This was 100% coaching. Salvon’s biggest weakness is vision. Beyond that, he’s a high end PAC-12 RB. Carr is probably the only guy I’d take over him.
    Carr? His TBS ranking skews the reality. He’s been at USC three years and has never been the main guy.

I would take Moss, Verdell, Borghi (team PGOS), and probably Benjamin over Ahmed. Kelly on UCLA is a solid back too, just on a bad team.

We still haven’t really seen Ahmed used correctly. I agree he should get a couple more touches every game via the pass. He could be a great player in the Chico role and is the only guy on the roster that role makes sense for.
    IDGAF about TBS rankings. The dude gets 10 carries thanks to Helton being a retard. He’s fucking good. If USC feeds him they beat us rather easily.

This guy gets it
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2019

Beno4Life said:

Borghi is good and if anything isn’t used properly. Verdell is a beast. It’s all hypothetical to say Carr is better. He hasn’t been. 384 yards is the most he’s had in a season.

USC has a couple good backs. Markese Stepp is a good big back and the freshman looked good this year too. Carr isn’t anything special. Like I said, the TBS ranking skews reality. If he was a low 4 star, nobody would think anything of him.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Beno4Life said:

Borghi is good and if anything isn’t used properly. Verdell is a beast. It’s all hypothetical to say Carr is better. He hasn’t been. 384 yards is the most he’s had in a season.

USC has a couple good backs. Markese Stepp is a good big back and the freshman looked good this year too. Carr isn’t anything special. Like I said, the TBS ranking skews reality. If he was a low 4 star, nobody would think anything of him.
    What part of poor usage did you not understand?

Let me put it another way, if Salvon was a Coug he’d have better stats than Borghi.

Coaching matters.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Beno4Life said:

Let me put it another way, if Salvon was a Coug he’d have better stats than Borghi.

Coaching matters.
    Carr isn’t even the best back in USC. He’s not one of the best in the conference. Results matter.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Ahmed is good but nothing special. Don't leave early. You'll end up in Edmonton.

He’s cooler than most of you fags so

Beno4Life said:

Coaching matters.
    Carr isn’t even the best back in USC. He’s not one of the best in the conference. Results matter.
    Ok!