Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    I took days off next week. To fish.

This weather can fuck right the hell off.

Now I'm going to have to drive far. Or plunk - and I'm not sure I can bring myself to that.

Of course I can bring myself to plunking. What am I saying? It's better than getting roped into some bullshit with Christmas trees or lights or whatever the fuck else. Looks like pup won't have to leave the house to plunk a bait out there.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,047 Founders Club
    dflea said:

Big, ridiculous pyramid weight on a three-way swivel. Lead off the dropper - and a leader with a big ass spin-n-glo and a blob of eggs. Kerplunk it in the soft water near shore where the fish go to get out of the turbid water. Put a stupid bell on your rod, stick it in a rod holder and go have a barbecue or listen to some music. When the bell rings, go grab your rod and land your fish.

When the rivers are blown to fuck like they are now, it about all you can do if you want out of the house - and we've caught some really nice fish plunking before.

This should work like a charm off pup's porch right now.

Spin-n-Glo -

Plunking rig - I use one hook, not two -

I don’t understand what is happening.
    dflea said:

River is flooded and colored up. Your shit just sits there with your eggs leaving a scent trail that some dumb fish follows right to your spinning, stinking bait. Fish eats bait, pulls on line, rings bell. Angler reels in fish and bashes in head of fish. Much celebration ensues. Fresh bowls are smoked, and shit is talked.

You know the deal.

But do they have to be Pup’s Kenai River cured eggs to work? I mean this ain’t no power bait situation.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dflea said:

River is flooded and colored up. Your shit just sits there with your eggs leaving a scent trail that some dumb fish follows right to your spinning, stinking bait. Fish eats bait, pulls on line, rings bell. Angler reels in fish and bashes in head of fish. Much celebration ensues. Fresh bowls are smoked, and shit is talked.

You know the deal.

But do they have to be Pup’s Kenai River cured eggs to work? I mean this ain’t no power bait situation.
    Nah. Steelhead are dumb. They'll eat anything. A good squirt of Mike's Glo Shrimp oil will tune your bait up a bit, though. They just need to find it.

These were some zesty eggs right here. We caught a bunch of fish on the Lewis river the day this photo was taken. If you plunked these eggs with a shromp on there, I'd be looking for that bell to ring.

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Pup will be paddling with Lewis and Clark

Pup, waffling as always, lost his seat on Noah's Ark
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,366
    @dflea great plunking sermon, good luck converting any of these fly fishing homos. A twist i might add to your kickass plunking setup would be; come 3' up from three way swivel(you should be using a spreader bar) and tie in a barrel swivel with a bead. Cast your spin n glo out and get anchored, then on a separate leader tie on a snap swivel and slide a plug down the main line to effectively fish two setups at two different depths. Sometims they hit the glo and sometimes the plug.....

We need a fishing and hunting bored, no NFL.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Big, ridiculous pyramid weight on a three-way swivel. Lead off the dropper - and a leader with a big ass spin-n-glo and a blob of eggs. Kerplunk it in the soft water near shore where the fish go to get out of the turbid water. Put a stupid bell on your rod, stick it in a rod holder and go have a barbecue or listen to some music. When the bell rings, go grab your rod and land your fish.

When the rivers are blown to fuck like they are now, it about all you can do if you want out of the house - and we've caught some really nice fish plunking before.

This should work like a charm off pup's porch right now.

Spin-n-Glo -

Plunking rig - I use one hook, not two -

Grew up fishing the Skagit for pinks exactly like this. Well, not exactly. Spin 'n Glow has to be pink, shrimp instead of eggs on the hook, and you tie the shrimp on with pink yarn so it doesn't fly off when you cast. Baitcasting reels, big rods, sit and watch and occasionally untangle a birdcage.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    I’m a fisher of MEN.
    dannarc said:

@dflea great plunking sermon, good luck converting any of these fly fishing homos. A twist i might add to your kickass plunking setup would be; come 3' up from three way swivel(you should be using a spreader bar) and tie in a barrel swivel with a bead. Cast your spin n glo out and get anchored, then on a separate leader tie on a snap swivel and slide a plug down the main line to effectively fish two setups at two different depths. Sometims they hit the glo and sometimes the plug.....

We need a fishing and hunting bored, no NFL.

It’s ok. Us gentlemen anglers didn’t want you anyhow.