Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This might be a good strategy by the dems...

2»

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:

I saw the local chan 13 interview with JaymyaPal or whatever and she said he needed to be impeached because he is a bully. she even said it twice.

Holding the articles in the house they can wait till after the election and if Trump wins while the Senate switches to the Dems - then they move the articles of impeachment forward.

Stupid move imho but american voters are so effing stupid it may work

It is a stupid move - but I disagree that american voters are stupid. They were smart enough to elect Trump when every 'expert' predicted Hillary in a landslide. The experts drink their own Koolaid and dismiss common sense.

it will be interesting to see how much media coverage starts with "Impeached Pres Trump" leading up to the next election. People who vote unfortunately are chinfluenced by endless barrages and it effects their voting. Being from Washington State it doesn't matter because this state would vote for a Lenin/Stalin ticket over Lincoln/Washington. Thus my comment about stupid voters. Rural middle America pulled a miracle last election. I was in shock.

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    I join you in your belief that the Electoral College has outlived any usefulness it may have had at one time. Damone tells me Lincoln is a POS, btw.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    HHusky said:

I join you in your belief that the Electoral College has outlived any usefulness it may have had at one time. Damone tells me Lincoln is a POS, btw.

Yeah, amazing how you came to that decision only after your candidate lost.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,084 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2019
    The electoral college is working perfectly. Just as it was designed. Odd it takes up more space in the constitution than anything else. Guessing the founders thought it important. In their day it was probably vote purchasing they worried about most. Now it's illegals voting.

Amazing how intelligent they were.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

The electoral college is undemocratic in that a candidate who loses the popular vote may nonetheless be elected. That we’ve always known. But it was also supposed to be undemocratic in that the electors would intervene if the people elected an ass clown President; it failed in this essential purpose in 2016. There’s no reason to retain it when it obviously doesn’t function as intended.
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

The electoral college is undemocratic in that a candidate who loses the popular vote may nonetheless be elected. That we’ve always known. But it was also supposed to be undemocratic in that the electors would intervene if the people elected an ass clown President; it failed in this essential purpose in 2016. There’s no reason to retain it when it obviously doesn’t function as intended.
    Translation: My candidate lost. I now want to take my ball and go home.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

The founders didn't want NY and other population centers dominating the election. Seems to be working perfectly.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I did a word search of the US Constitution and did not find any occurrence of the words 'ass clown' or any derivation thereof.

Go back to your U of Phoenix Law School and take that webinar again.

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I did a word search of the US Constitution and did not find any occurrence of the words 'ass clown' or any derivation thereof.

U of P was the Law School he didn't get into. Made the wait list but he just wasn't up to their standards.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

“The [Electoral College] affords a moral certainty, that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications. Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States.”

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Paper #68

Hamilton was overly optimistic.
    Is 'ass clown' a high crime or a misdemeanor? Please cite in the US Criminal Code since, again, 'ass clown' isn't an impeachable offense under the US Constitution.

TIA

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,084 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

You really are gone. I bet you didn't complain until Trump. TDS is real.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

You really are gone. I bet you didn't complain until Trump. TDS is real.
    Do you forget when a few hundred people in Florida elected a president with hanging chads?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

The best part is, if electors would have changed their vote, the ass clowns on here would have screamed that it's not constitutional.