Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mission NOT Accomplished

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

It was until FSU bailed out the ducks

We had a golden opportunity to put a lot of real estate between us and Oregon. Pete blew it 2 years in a row against Mario and they are crushing it in 'crooting. @creepycoug called it and now Oregon is gonna win the wrong way and be a problem for the foreseeable future.
    Glad Pete is gone
    I am glad he stepped down. It's obvious now something was really rotten in Denmark and cautious, slow movers like me were willing to see what 2020- 21 looked like before making the final call. Based on what we know now, 2020- 21 could have been really underwhelming.
    This is like HH is serving as a priest and you just did your weekly confession. this is the kind of epiphany that many a doog has had to go thru too many times in recent history.

Now go have communion with your choice of beverages
    Not “like”. HH is my ONLY religion.
    HH is not for Sirmon seekers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ZWtb6iwws
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    They have Fill Night writing them blank checks and paying off the NCAA basically. It's hard to fight that in any honest way.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club

They have Fill Night writing them blank checks and paying off the NCAA basically. It's hard to fight that in any honest way.

You must have amazing inside sources to be able to back such a dramatic charge.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

Yeah, it doesn't quite work that way.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,047 Founders Club

FireCohen said:

It was until FSU bailed out the ducks

We had a golden opportunity to put a lot of real estate between us and Oregon. Pete blew it 2 years in a row against Mario and they are crushing it in 'crooting. @creepycoug called it and now Oregon is gonna win the wrong way and be a problem for the foreseeable future.
    We really did give them life. Perception is reality and right now, they are better than us so that’s what they are seen as by the rest of the country.
    I work with a guy from Alabama. Outside of Ohio State, Auburn, Georgia, Clemson and Oklahoma no else in the country actually plays football. USC used to, he thinks. Outside of those teams Oregon is the only team on the west coast that he thinks might play football. Washington has nice teams and nice seasons, but C'mon dudes get fired at his school for having "nice" teams. I say shit like, "we went to the shitty rose bowl last year!". He says, "did you? Thats a nice game. Did you win?" It's infuriating, but he's right.
    I fucking sad. We have our best 3 year run in 25+ years and no one nationally respecks us other than we lucked our way into the CFP in 2016. Winning the Jimmy Bowl in Sept 2020 would be a start to getting some street cred.

I'm glad Mario is playing the game this hard. It got rid of Pete and what were obviously his shortcomings. Time to see if Jimmy has the balls to win.

Slick Jimmy Lake Ballz is what I like to call him. IWILTD.
    Careful @creepycoug ...we patched things up but let's not get carried away. You don't want to meet up in the OP rain forest with me and @dflea ese.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,768 Founders Club

I'm glad Mario is playing the game this hard. It got rid of Pete and what were obviously his shortcomings. Time to see if Jimmy has the balls to win.

Careful @creepycoug ...we patched things up but let's not get carried away. You don't want to meet up in the OP rain forest with me and @dflea ese.
    Creepy doesn't want to see the Yella sqwad?
    edited December 2019

Lolz. You know damn well you? hired a slick shit talking coach. Let's see if he can back up his mouwf.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

All I know is that we lost 2 years in a row. They better than us, that is why there is a scoreboard and same with cal

You must have amazing inside sources to be able to back such a dramatic charge.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Lolz. You know damn well you? hired a slick shit talking coach. Let's see if he can back up his mouwf.
    Creep, yes, Jimmy has a lot more sizzle and aggression than Pete. Basically there's 4 ways this can turn out:

1- He's elite and wins a NT
    2- He's pretty good and can win the Pac in the next few seasons
    3- He decent and has us competitive but many start to get restless
    4- He's a train wreck

Based on the available evidence, we can say that 2-3 (81% probability) are the likely outcomes.
    History says 3-4

Creep, yes, Jimmy has a lot more sizzle and aggression than Pete. Basically there's 4 ways this can turn out:

1- He's elite and wins a NT
    2- He's pretty good and can win the Pac in the next few seasons
    3- He decent and has us competitive but many start to get restless
    4- He's a train wreck

Based on the available evidence, we can say that 2-3 (81% probability) are the likely outcomes.
    History says 3-4
    Aren't we do for a break?

I'll say this: if there were ever a competition for measuring how much programs want to be great, Washington would win hands down. I can't think of a program more desperate for respeck, more desperate to close the gap between self-perception and national perception, more desperate in need of being able to piss down the necks of their [little] brother to the souwf.

For that razone and 4 moar, I hope it works out with slick Jimmy Lake Ballz, which is what I am going to call him until the day he resigns, so get used to it row boat. Washington finally sacked up a hired a shit talking big mouwf corch. 'Bout tim.