Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Big Dick QB stats update

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

There is no such thing as a savior QB.

Disagree, college football history is littered with teams that over-achieved because of a game changer quarterback. There's a reason Mark Helfrich coached in a national title game.

Eason is far from the biggest problem on this year's team, but we still win a lot more than 7 games if we have a "savior" at QB.
    Watson, Mariota, and Cam Newton were all game changer, messiah QBs. Eason was nowhere near these guys, but he played well enough for this team to be 10-2. Cal, Stanford and Colorado were burned out coach, un-inspired crap football.
    Why do you hate Tim Tebow?

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    edited December 2019
    Mosster47 said:

Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

Disagree, college football history is littered with teams that over-achieved because of a game changer quarterback. There's a reason Mark Helfrich coached in a national title game.

Eason is far from the biggest problem on this year's team, but we still win a lot more than 7 games if we have a "savior" at QB.
    Watson, Mariota, and Cam Newton were all game changer, messiah QBs. Eason was nowhere near these guys, but he played well enough for this team to be 10-2. Cal, Stanford and Colorado were burned out coach, un-inspired crap football.

I don't. But Cam, Marcus and Watson all played on teams that which were well outside of the usual Top 10 or better talent level (by TBS rankings) and willed their squads to NT game (and won it in 2/3 of these examples). Those Florida teams were usual in the Top 5 give or take in terms of overall talent.

But yes, Tebow had more of a religious flair about him.
    Meanwhile down at USC, Slovis might be the best QB in the PAC next year.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I don;t think that Eason liked what was going on but didn't feel like he earned the cred to say as much as he would like. He mentioned a couple of times that he said something but the team was still pretty lifeless and passive and so was Big Dick

If he stays Jimmy needs to take the leash off and let the Big Dick eat

This team needs leaders among the players more than anything.

I'd like to see what Eason can do on an inspired team with better leadership from him and others. Guess we'll know soon enough if we'll get the opportunity or not.
    QBs should be at the center of inspiring the team and providing leadership. If he didn't do it last year what mss as makes you think he'll do it in the future. He was a major disappointment in that area.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

Fuck off cunt.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd like to see what Eason can do without the brainlock of a 20 multiples FS offense. Maybe he sucks, maybe he's a savior EWIWBC.

Let it Rip!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    HuskyJW said:

Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

Joe Burrow....true?
    Joe Burrow was an average college QB until they hired Joe Brady. He put similar passing numbers to Browning last year

I'd like to see what Eason can do without the brainlock of a 20 multiples FS offense. Maybe he sucks, maybe he's a savior EWIWBC.

Let it Rip!

In fairness to Eason, I didn't turn on Browing until well into 2017 when it became clear early 2016 was his ceiling and he was in full regression mode. At this point, Eason doesn't look like a pro bowler at the next level. But it's certainly possible he could have a 1st or 2nd team all Pac 12 type of season in 2020 if the o-line isn't a total dumpster fire and Newton and Cam Davis can move the sticks.

I don;t think that Eason liked what was going on but didn't feel like he earned the cred to say as much as he would like. He mentioned a couple of times that he said something but the team was still pretty lifeless and passive and so was Big Dick

If he stays Jimmy needs to take the leash off and let the Big Dick eat

This team needs leaders among the players more than anything.

I'd like to see what Eason can do on an inspired team with better leadership from him and others. Guess we'll know soon enough if we'll get the opportunity or not.
    QBs should be at the center of inspiring the team and providing leadership. If he didn't do it last year what mss as makes you think he'll do it in the future. He was a major disappointment in that area.
    What @RaceBannon said.

Ultimately, I don't really care about Eason's pro career. All that matters to me is what they do for my? Alma mater. If Eason gives us the best chance to win the Pac in 2020 I want him back.
    Agree. 7-5 sucks. I don't give a shit what he does after he leaves. While he is here I don't want him to cost 2 games with pick 6s and I want him to nut up and get 3 points with 2 minutes left to win or tie the game. That's all.
    edited December 2019

Let it Rip!

I hope Eason come back and Jimmy" Big Balls" Lake lights a fire in him and he has the greatest season in husky history and they win a rose bowl and pop off.

Fuck the "he needs to go and take care of his family and cash in". Fuck that. He needs to stay and win. Otherwise he's just the QB of the team that underperformed and will be forgotten.

If Jimmy "fancy coffee and private jet" shows up, the lawnmower comes back, and wins are celebrated at Joeys and leading crowds at the Duchess then it probably doesn't matter.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Fuck off yellowcunt
    edited December 2019

Fuck off yellowcunt
    Listen fuck face... I’ve pounded beers (in Lake Tahoe @MikeDamone ) with Pat Tillman. Can you say that? And you call yourself an ASU fan.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Fuck off yellowcunt
    Listen fuck face... I’ve pounded beers (in Lake Tahoe @MikeDamone ) with Pat Tillman. Can you say that? And you call yourself an ASU fan.

Well case closed. I stand corrected.
  • WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2019

Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

While i'd agree with your first statement, I think the problem with this lies in the fact that most of these "savior" QB's are guys who can tuck the ball and run to get out of trouble when need be, something Eason obviously can't do. A QB who can reliably pick up 1st downs with his legs when his protection breaks down is much more effective at masking the deficiencies of an offense than a pure pocket passer like Eason.

Which leads to my next point: I'd absolutely agree that Eason was not the biggest problem on the offense this year. The receivers, outside of Byrant and to a lesser extent Fuller, were terrible. The OLine was awful, and while the running game was alright, it wasn't good enough to carry the offense considering the other shortcomings...And lets not even talk about the play calling please...

Fuck off yellowcunt

Who hasn’t?

Fuck off yellowcunt

Who hasn’t?
    Yeah, but it was cheap beer red solo cups. And there was no boat involved.

Fuck off yellowcunt

Who hasn’t?
    You had a few "sodas"?

Fuck off yellowcunt

Who hasn’t?
    You had a few "sodas"?
    Pops