Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Big Dick QB stats update

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
It's pretty chinteresting to compare Eason's 2019 stats vis-a-vis his peers for ALL GAMES as contrasted with FBS WINNING RECORD only. He's performed a lot better (i.e., 3rd best rating in the Pac) against the good teams vs overall (i.e., 7th best QB rating). Notice by the way, Huntley's numbers for all games vs against good teams.

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Repeat after me:

There is no such thing as a savior QB.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,341 Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought Eason played well....Chico, Opera Singer and Fuller became totally invisible. Criminal how bad they were.
    Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

Joe Burrow....true?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Glad I got on board. Way better season than brownsocks ever had. 10 win seasons are overrated anyway

Eason wasn't the messiah we hoped for in 2019. Statistically, he was still an upgrade over Browning. I'd like to see what he can do if we can unfuck the offense and have a HC who isn't burned out and mailing it in.

We?
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    I like Eason, but the guy has severe limitations to his game. His ability to deal with a pass rush is low.

So much of college football is won by guys who can give themselves two or three chances to fix a play on the fly.

He is simply not that guy and he never will be. He needs a dominant talent at RB or he will never be a top performer in college.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

Disagree, college football history is littered with teams that over-achieved because of a game changer quarterback. There's a reason Mark Helfrich coached in a national title game.

Eason is far from the biggest problem on this year's team, but we still win a lot more than 7 games if we have a "savior" at QB.
    Watson, Mariota, and Cam Newton were all game changer, messiah QBs. Eason was nowhere near these guys, but he played well enough for this team to be 10-2. Cal, Stanford and Colorado were burned out coach, un-inspired crap football.
    People forget get threw two game changing pick 6's and couldn't muster getting UW into field goal range vs CAL. people forget that.
    Yeah, Eason had a shit game against Utah and was a big factor in that particular loss. I didn't say he played well enough for 12-0. Our secondary also got lit the fuck up that game by Huntley. Against, Cal, his teammates did everything they could in terms of penalties and drops to lose that game.

The point still stands which is that Eason isn't the primary reason we went 7-5.
    And he's not the elite QBs you all dooged over after EWU.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,784
    edited December 2019
    Is it a good thing or a bad thing when I read Justin Herbert’s name I hear Preston’s voice in my head?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

Disagree, college football history is littered with teams that over-achieved because of a game changer quarterback. There's a reason Mark Helfrich coached in a national title game.

Eason is far from the biggest problem on this year's team, but we still win a lot more than 7 games if we have a "savior" at QB.
    Watson, Mariota, and Cam Newton were all game changer, messiah QBs. Eason was nowhere near these guys, but he played well enough for this team to be 10-2. Cal, Stanford and Colorado were burned out coach, un-inspired crap football.
    People forget get threw two game changing pick 6's and couldn't muster getting UW into field goal range vs CAL. people forget that.
    Yeah, Eason had a shit game against Utah and was a big factor in that particular loss. I didn't say he played well enough for 12-0. Our secondary also got lit the fuck up that game by Huntley. Against, Cal, his teammates did everything they could in terms of penalties and drops to lose that game.

The point still stands which is that Eason isn't the primary reason we went 7-5.
    And he's not the elite QBs you all dooged over after EWU.
    No he's not. I already said I would apologize TO YOUR FACE.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    He's an average to slightly above average qb.

Browning was below average.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2019
    Makes sense. His worst games were against Oregon State, Stanford, and Colorado. He also blew the game vs Utah but had pretty good numbers other than the 2 picks.

He wasn’t necessarily the problem, but he wasn’t a huge asset either. He didn’t necessarily win any games for us either.
    edited December 2019
    Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

Joe Burrow....true?

Houhusky said:

Repeat after me:

I thought they did kick the field goal to win against Cal. It was the defense
    I could very well be wrong though

(Insert Opera Singer dropping td pass here)
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club

I don;t think that Eason liked what was going on but didn't feel like he earned the cred to say as much as he would like. He mentioned a couple of times that he said something but the team was still pretty lifeless and passive and so was Big Dick

If he stays Jimmy needs to take the leash off and let the Big Dick eat

This team needs leaders among the players more than anything.

I'd like to see what Eason can do on an inspired team with better leadership from him and others. Guess we'll know soon enough if we'll get the opportunity or not.