Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Favorite player of the Petersen era?

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Vita Vea

I don't wear pants out with Jim

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,179 Standard Supporter
    Greg Gaines

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Many good players to choose from but it's Gaines for me. Absolute stud rock on the line for 4 fucking years. Played 54 games. Started 46 or so. Never missed one. Morris Trophy. Straight up bad ass. Played hurt and still started over the others. Unbelievably consistent.

The real reason is when he showed up up he was treated shitty. 3 star, Mountain West guy, not good enough for UW. Still questioned until he flashed every time he hit the field. Then his first start was a 10 tackle ass rape against Utah in a loss. He said "I don't care what you assholes say I'm here to kick ass, fuck off". I liked that attitude!

@DerekJohnson look at this Christmas miracle!!

@Sledog you know this is a politic discussion message bored right?
    Sledog's a well documented Gaines lover.
    Of course he voted for a white guy..,
    You could have played and I could have voted for a punk.
    Another vote for whitey! Thanks man.
    You're white? That explains everything.
  • WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    Jon Ross
    Was a tough call between Ross and Gaskin. Gaskin was certainly the more influential player over the long haul, and quite possibly the best RB Washington has ever had since i've been following the Huskies(It's close between him and Sankey), but I went with Ross because the guy was just such a human highlight reel. Gaskin had the consistency, but you had to hold your breath every time Ross touched the ball because you knew if he even found a shred of daylight, he was going the distance.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Myles Gaskin
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Many good players to choose from but it's Gaines for me. Absolute stud rock on the line for 4 fucking years. Played 54 games. Started 46 or so. Never missed one. Morris Trophy. Straight up bad ass. Played hurt and still started over the others. Unbelievably consistent.

The real reason is when he showed up up he was treated shitty. 3 star, Mountain West guy, not good enough for UW. Still questioned until he flashed every time he hit the field. Then his first start was a 10 tackle ass rape against Utah in a loss. He said "I don't care what you assholes say I'm here to kick ass, fuck off". I liked that attitude!

@DerekJohnson look at this Christmas miracle!!

@Sledog you know this is a politic discussion message bored right?
    Sledog's a well documented Gaines lover.
    Of course he voted for a white guy..,
    You could have played and I could have voted for a punk.
    Another vote for whitey! Thanks man.
    You're white? That explains everything.
    Fucking right. It’s the best.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,090
    Myles Gaskin
    It's Gaskin with Gaines a close second.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,509 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2019
    I'd vote for Sheltie, but as he was a guy out there letting loose and showing the joy of football, I don't think represents he Petersen era.
  • BangaRangBangaRang Member Posts: 248
    edited December 2019
    Azeem Victor

I think the player that did the most to affect the win/loss column is Gaskin.

The player I most wanted to drive down to Seattle to watch play in person was Azeem, just because he was such an awesome, gigantic, intimidating, shit-talking freak. Plus, by all accounts, really good guy off the field with his charity and whatnot. RIP. They say Bierria was the emotional leader of that defense, and Gaines/Virta Vita/Qualls/etc. were really the engine that made it work, but it was Victor that made Death Row Death Row. He was the dude who made opposing offensive players think, "Fuuuuuck, this is going to be a long day." For two seasons, it was like watching old Husky defense, and Seattle football fans live for defense. They were statistically better in 2017, after Azeem got the AIDS, but they weren't the same defense. It frustrated offenses, but it was no longer feared by them. It was more effective, but simultaneously less fun to watch.

Even in the games in which the offense were tripping over their dicks, Azeem Victor made Husky football must-watch TV in 2015 and most of 2016. It was a fun time to be a Husky fan.

This ^^^.....Victor was mentally unstable, a defining quality in many a dominant LB
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Budda Baker
    PurpleJ said:

Surprised that Vita Vea has 0 votes so far.

If we had more than 1 vote, he'd be second for me

He got 1/4th of @backthepack vote, because @backthepack is too much of a soft, indecisive Gen Z fag to take a STAND.
    If polygamy is wrong than I don’t want to be right!
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Myles Gaskin
    MMFG declared winner in a landslide
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam
    Myles Gaskin
    MMFG, but it was a tough choice
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 782
    Myles Gaskin
    Some of these guys were brought in by Sark so it’s not very scientific.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    Myles Gaskin
    And it's not close.

While not elite like Ahmed (hi @backthepack ) a great RB.

#numbersdontlie
    Myles Gaskin
    dannarc said:

I went with Ol' Gainsy, next choice would have been BBK, because the little shit had a nonstop motor and was in on every play, then Azeem

Man, you must hate offensive players. Gaskins isn't even in your top 3?

Dayum.
    Myles Gaskin

Doogles said:

Gaskin or King. Or 2016 Azeem. Or Ross.

So many to choose. Vita and Gaines were great too. It took two full years to get Vita in shape and playing hard but when the light came on, he couldn’t be blocked.

I loved Dissly as well and fondly remember being somewhat surprised how dominant he was in the run game in 2016. I thought he would move to TE and never really do much.

While we were whining about getting Darrell Daniels the ball more, we should have been whining about Dissly. I have no doubt he has improved as a receiver, but there is also no question he could have done more as a receiver at UW. The guy is a very smooth athlete for his size. He’s made some very tough back shoulder catches for the Seahawks that aren’t a skill you can just learn. It’s always been there.
    I know!

Still, not as good as Jimmy MF Graham.
    Myles Gaskin
    Sledog said:

Shocking pick from you.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Myles Gaskin
    Harris should have been in the top ten, thinking back on it