Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stanford, what I am hearing out hear

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fuck Stanfurd. I’ve been waiting for Shaw to start slipping and he just fell the fuck down.

But they do it the right way. No mercenaries allowed.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Costello is in the transfer portal
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Costello? What the flying fuck?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,308
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I'm reading the situation correctly, this is entirely an issue with Stanford players qualifying for grad school there. Twelve out of the 13 in the portal will have graduated and are looking for grad transfers. I believe Stanford makes them actually qualify for and get accepted into a graduate program to stay a fifth year. I'm guessing the graduate programs there probably aren't too keen on easing requirements for jocks. Or too keen on jocks in general.

I'd be curious to see if this is a problem going back to previous years and, if not, what's changed. I don't think it's as simple as "every senior on the team wants to leave because they hate it."

Costello is legit good, and UW is a few scholarships shy of 85. I'm not sure the short term benefits of going the mercenary route are worth the future implications with recruiting and whatnot. I also think the whole grad transfer program in general is shitty and should be amended with some kind of rule that players take a full course load for the entire year in their graduate program of choice or both the player and school face stiff penalties.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Isn't there something about UW that prevents grad transfers? I can't remember the last one.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Isn't there something about UW that prevents grad transfers? I can't remember the last one.

I think the something was Pete.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wow, sounds like it's gonna get uglier before it gets better
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If I'm reading the situation correctly, this is entirely an issue with Stanford players qualifying for grad school there. Twelve out of the 13 in the portal will have graduated and are looking for grad transfers. I believe Stanford makes them actually qualify for and get accepted into a graduate program to stay a fifth year. I'm guessing the graduate programs there probably aren't too keen on easing requirements for jocks. Or too keen on jocks in general.

I'd be curious to see if this is a problem going back to previous years and, if not, what's changed. I don't think it's as simple as "every senior on the team wants to leave because they hate it."

Costello is legit good, and UW is a few scholarships shy of 85. I'm not sure the short term benefits of going the mercenary route are worth the future implications with recruiting and whatnot. I also think the whole grad transfer program in general is shitty and should be amended with some kind of rule that players take a full course load for the entire year in their graduate program of choice or both the player and school face stiff penalties.

Not calling you out, but this is complete bullshit. There is NOTHING about this anywhere. If there were a new policy at Stanford wouldn't Wilner be all over it? This is 100% an in house issue at Furd.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    dtd said:

Not calling you out, but this is complete bullshit. There is NOTHING about this anywhere. If there were a new policy at Stanford wouldn't Wilner be all over it? This is 100% an in house issue at Furd.
    Unless I missed something g shouldn’t Wilmer be all over this mass exodus regardless of why? This is unprecedented.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FWIW Brennan Scarlett graduated from Cal and played a year at furd as a grad transfer. At the time it was discussed on BI that furd was more accommodating with their grad acceptance in allowing him to come play with his little brother for a year
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you wanted to stay and couldn't get into the right grad program, why not just go for a 2nd major?
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    Gladstone said:

Costello? What the flying fuck?

Word is Stanford prefers Mills. Costello be shafted.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Stanford players are smart. When you're a grad transfer, you can enter the portal and find the best program for you without needing to sit out a year. Explore all your options, and if you don't find something better elsewhere, you can always fall back to Stanford. It's not like Shaw is going to say no.