Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM: Tray Adams

124»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If I;m NFL GM and a kid won't play a game out of fear of injury then why would I pay him to come get hurt in the first exhibition game?

Probably because there are easy recent examples of that not mattering. Christian McCaffrey says hi.
    Nick Bosa says Hi. From skipping almost the entirety of his last season.

I get it. It sucks. But these kids are taking their one shot to make REAL money, and if there is a chance of injury (aka nursing a small injury or history of injury) they shouldn't play in a dumbass bowl game. These bowl games are about as important as the preseason in the NFL.

The fervor against players doing the smart thing is unreal here. "Oh in Don James era we would kick a guy off the team for skipping a shit bowl"

Friends. Very little about football in 2019 is the same as 1975-1992. If they don't want to play, fuck em. Let em sit. Let them make their choice, and look for the young guys to get some playing time and see if we need to change priorities in recruiting based on the success or lack thereof in this meaningless game.

I bet Jake Butt would hit that fucking rewind button in a second and skip that Orange Bowl. But hey bring on the downvotes
    Fuck the NFL and fuck you

Fuck the playoffs. Fuck it all
    #WhyIMinion
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

I hope the players who do play in this game care about it and win it by three touchdowns.

The only reason they care is because it’s Pete’s last game
    I fail to comprehend the point you are attempting to elucidate.
    If it wasn’t Pete’s last game the majority of the kids wouldn’t give a fuck

If I;m NFL GM and a kid won't play a game out of fear of injury then why would I pay him to come get hurt in the first exhibition game?

Probably because there are easy recent examples of that not mattering. Christian McCaffrey says hi.

I get it. It sucks. But these kids are taking their one shot to make REAL money, and if there is a chance of injury (aka nursing a small injury or history of injury) they shouldn't play in a dumbass bowl game. These bowl games are about as important as the preseason in the NFL.

The fervor against players doing the smart thing is unreal here. "Oh in Don James era we would kick a guy off the team for skipping a shit bowl"

Friends. Very little about football in 2019 is the same as 1975-1992. If they don't want to play, fuck em. Let em sit. Let them make their choice, and look for the young guys to get some playing time and see if we need to change priorities in recruiting based on the success or lack thereof in this meaningless game.

I bet Jake Butt would hit that fucking rewind button in a second and skip that Orange Bowl. But hey bring on the downvotes
    May as well not play, at all. Fuck. Quitters.

Play in the Oregon State and Colorado game, but skip the Bowl game? FTGs.

30 years ago, Players had the same risk of injury. Modern medicine has improved, reducing the odds today of suffering a career threatening injury. Whatever.

Sitting out is a sign of the times. Me first, team second. Entitled, lazy, and soft. FT
    30 years ago money was not the same to be fair
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

I hope the players who do play in this game care about it and win it by three touchdowns.

30 years ago, Players had the same risk of injury. Modern medicine has improved, reducing the odds today of suffering a career threatening injury. Whatever.

Sitting out is a sign of the times. Me first, team second. Entitled, lazy, and soft. FT
    it's all relative, factoring inflation.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

No, NFL is significantly more profitable sport today even if adjusted for inflation
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck the NFL and fuck you

Fuck the playoffs. Fuck it all
    Race gets it
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

Adams and Bryant should have quit after the Oregon game. All games after that we’re meaningless. They could have gotten hurt.

Of course they can make their choice. No one her has to “let them”. I as a consumer, can make a choice to spend my entertainment and travel money on things that don’t involve bowl games. When UW sends me marketing emails for bowl games that says I should “witness” the Vegas bowl when players won’t even play I just laugh and laugh.

As long as college football is part of a billions dollar sports entertainment industry and as long as a player who signed up to be part of that industry is on a team, play in the fucking game.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2019

Adams and Bryant should have quit after the Oregon game. All games after that we’re meaningless. They could have gotten hurt.

Of course they can make their choice. No one her has to “let them”. I as a consumer, can make a choice to spend my entertainment and travel money on things that don’t involve bowl games. When UW sends me marketing emails for bowl games that says I should “witness” the Vegas bowl when players won’t even play I just laugh and laugh.

As long as college football is part of a billions dollar sports entertainment industry and as long as a player who signed up to be part of that industry is on a team, play in the fucking game.
    Would you really be going to the game if Bryant and Adams were playing? Lesbihonest here. Was this your deciding factor, or are you actually just bored because we're in the shitty Vegas Bowl? If the latter is true, me too. You could just roll with that.

We have other Dawgs that are frothing at the mouth to play. I'd rather watch the dudes with a future here than some checked out dudes playing soft to avoid injury anyway. I think Pete would too. He absolutely wants to win this. It's still going to be 11v11. We have some young bucks ready to ball and show out for next year. Let's go.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,806
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

No, NFL is significantly more profitable sport today even if adjusted for inflation
    $ is money. Players risked life changing money playing 30/20/10 years ago. Stan's deal would be worth close to $20 million today.

Bern Brostek (1st round) and Dennis Brown (2nd round) played in the "meaningless" Freedom Bowl. Fags like Rapp, Bryant, and Adams are too good for the program.

I didn't see Gaskins, Gainsey, Murph, Miller, MaGary, Sample and BBK shut it down at halftime of the Rosebowl.

Again, fuck the traitors.

This isn’t the 1980s old man!
  • Options
    This is most self centered generation in human history. Why is it so hard for old people to understand that they going to do what is in their self interest. Why impose your outdated values on the new generation?
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    Anyone remember a guy named nick bosa? Sat out most of the season, let alone a bowl game.

Sure they signed up for this mega money industry... but they get a scholarship to a school. Not mega millions. That comes next... maybe. It isn't a guarantee for any of them. What is guaranteed that if you get hurt, your percentage of finally getting the mega money goes down. I honestly don't hold it against anyone if they sit out. They get hurt in the game, but took one for the "Team" and now their slim chance of making big money in the NFL is even slimmer, is the "Team" gonna take one for them and compensate them?

FUCK NO. But the kids are supposed to risk the inverse, getting hurt all for the good of a team..

Don't get me wrong, I miss the good old days as much as the next guy, but the reality is that those days are long gone, college football is a business. and just like any business, a perfectly acceptable answer is, It isn't personal it's just business, not sure why everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

The logic here is that sitting out a shitty bowl game, is worse than people who FORGO AN ENTIRE SEASON to leave early for the NFL...

Color me confused.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The NCAA needs to stop this and stop counting their money, but Emmert is still in charge, right? Make them pay back part of their scholarship if they start skipping bowl games, or regular season games.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Guys can take out some insurance policy if they're worried about injuries. Stop skipping games. I'm pretty sure this took off in the $EC wiht Clowney and Fournette too...
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115

Guys can take out some insurance policy if they're worried about injuries. Stop skipping games. I'm pretty sure this took off in the $EC wiht Clowney and Fournette too...

This here. Hate the system, not the kids.

Something tells me the NCAA could afford a "NFL Future lost income" insurance policy for every D1 Scholarship Football player. Then you're insured and have to play through your shit. The end.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019
    If Eason wasn't playing I'd be fine with Adams sitting as well

Instead our LT is willingly abandoning the qb he's played with all seasons blind side, as he is playing for a bowl game (regardless of how lame of one), that may have an impact on his draft stock and whether he goes or stays

Blows my mind that people are defending this
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

If Eason wasn't playing I'd be fine with Adams sitting as well

Instead our LT is willingly abandoning the qb he's played with all seasons blind side, as he is playing for a bowl game (regardless of how lame of one), that may have an impact on his draft stock and whether he goes or stays

Blows my mind that people are defending this

He’s had a serious back injury and a torn ACL. I doubt he would sit out a big bowl game, but he wants to train for the senior bowl and combine and make sure he goes in as healthy as possible.

I don’t like it, but I definitely get it.