Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington - Gonzaga Game Thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Beno4Life said:

I don't understand why our offense looks nearly identical to Romar And1 ball. Can someone explain to me what our offensive identity is other than rarely going through Stewart and Jalen chucking up 20 feet two-pointers?

Gonzaga is good. Again.

Also, the Dawg Pack sucked tonight. I'm not sure they know how to coordinate a single unified cheer. Fuck the 2019-20 senior class.

I will die on the incel hill that there is a crossover point that once the female/male ratio exceeds a certain point the sports fanbase, particularly the student fan base, starts to suck.

During the mid Romar years when the dawgpack was crazy is was a bunch of drunk dudes being crazy holding up posters of a greased up Lil Bow wow against USC, mexico/taco night to make fun of affairs in Mexico, and doing in-depth doxxing research on opponents players. There were a few bro-girls that understood it, they would bring cookies and hide alcohol in their bra but it was 90%+ loud idiot dudes just having fun and being idiots.

As the team got better and more people, a lot more girls, started showing up it changed into a general social event; weird things like girls trying to reserve seats for each other, lots of time spent checking IG or snapchat, apathy to various chants like the "who cares" pre game, general game knowledge took a nosedive, and even the dawgpackdirt was discouraged because it was viewed as "mean" and "unfair" when it published some info about one of the opponents girlfriend.

The dawgpack student section is dead, even in a big game against the Zags they cant fill up the 3 small sections and be loud... there was a time when if you showed up "on time" to the game as a student you were rerouted to the rafters to the student overflow section.

Also UW marketing is fucking dumb and sucks.
    Agree.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Agree and 90% of those chicks are fucking hideous.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Beno4Life said:

I don't understand why our offense looks nearly identical to Romar And1 ball. Can someone explain to me what our offensive identity is other than rarely going through Stewart and Jalen chucking up 20 feet two-pointers?

Gonzaga is good. Again.

Also, the Dawg Pack sucked tonight. I'm not sure they know how to coordinate a single unified cheer. Fuck the 2019-20 senior class.

I will die on the incel hill that there is a crossover point that once the female/male ratio exceeds a certain point the sports fanbase, particularly the student fan base, starts to suck.

During the mid Romar years when the dawgpack was crazy is was a bunch of drunk dudes being crazy holding up posters of a greased up Lil Bow wow against USC, mexico/taco night to make fun of affairs in Mexico, and doing in-depth doxxing research on opponents players. There were a few bro-girls that understood it, they would bring cookies and hide alcohol in their bra but it was 90%+ loud idiot dudes just having fun and being idiots.

As the team got better and more people, a lot more girls, started showing up it changed into a general social event; weird things like girls trying to reserve seats for each other, lots of time spent checking IG or snapchat, apathy to various chants like the "who cares" pre game, general game knowledge took a nosedive, and even the dawgpackdirt was discouraged because it was viewed as "mean" and "unfair" when it published some info about one of the opponents girlfriend.

The dawgpack student section is dead, even in a big game against the Zags they cant fill up the 3 small sections and be loud... there was a time when if you showed up "on time" to the game as a student you were rerouted to the rafters to the student overflow section.

Also UW marketing is fucking dumb and sucks.
    I agree that a lot of that caused the dawgpack's downfall, but we should still be able to pivot. Gonzaga has a student population of Catholic cornballs who can't party for shit, yet they produce one of the rowdiest student sections in the country. And there's no shortage of girls camping out for tickets in sub-freezing temps either. If GU can do it there's no reason we can't.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Where’s all the Naz highlight dunk gifs?

Heard his Auntie Bey was in the house.

Answer the fucking question!!!!!