Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington - Gonzaga Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Average Program in every sport. Can’t be the zags and can’t beat the Ducks. Sucks being a Washington Fan

built for life its not always about winning or losing
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

congrats to gonzaga

better team (pre-WCC play)

always calm and collected, always answered, hit clutch shots, didn't play like retards

It's amazing. None of these guys will do shit in the NBA. But they sure as hell know how to play college basketball at a high level.
    Not sure about that. They have started producing good NBA players. Tillie has a good chance. He’s a skilled big and look at the range he showed in that long three.

Petrusev probably makes it too. Neither will be a star but most teams don’t have any real NBA stars. It’s been awhile for a lot of legitimate programs in college basketball to have a NBA Star.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It felt like Hop didn't do anything to try to win the game. Why are we playing 5 feet off in a zone with 3 mins to go in the game praying that Naz hits prayer 3's?

Gonzaga forced the issue on us, they pressed, they doubled in the corner, they knew to pass it to the baseline against our D.

Hop, what exactly did you do this game?

Remember when Spencer Hawes and Brockman were on the same team? Kind of feels a little like that w/ this team. Loads of talent, nothing else.

This team is way better than the one with Hawes and Brockman. We lost at the end to a top 10 team. This isn’t football.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Congrats to Hop's beta boys for keeping it within 10. We should all celebrate getting to watch Stewart play win or lose
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Not surprising we? lost. This game is the equivalent of the Apple Cup, except UW plays the role of the Cougs and Few is our daddy. Same old shit every year.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Is this game how the coog feels every time they play us on turf

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,967
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

congrats to gonzaga

better team (pre-WCC play)

always calm and collected, always answered, hit clutch shots, didn't play like retards

well-known in the NCAA and not that dumb
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Where’s all the Naz highlight dunk gifs?

Heard his Auntie Bey was in the house.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    I don't understand why our offense looks nearly identical to Romar And1 ball. Can someone explain to me what our offensive identity is other than rarely going through Stewart and Jalen chucking up 20 feet two-pointers?

Gonzaga is good. Again.

Also, the Dawg Pack sucked tonight. I'm not sure they know how to coordinate a single unified cheer. Fuck the 2019-20 senior class.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Also, @GifDawg @GrundleStiltzkin can one of you get a GIF of Pete yawning in the second half?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Beno4Life said:

Also, @GifDawg @GrundleStiltzkin can one of you get a GIF of Pete yawning in the second half?

Not a chance but that was awesome.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Houhusky said:

I don’t understand why our wings in the zone are coming up and guarding so high... wright and whoever is playing the other wing are coming so far off the baseline it’s leaving to much space under the zone for Stewart to ever possibly occupy

Answer the question Hop. The zone defense is significantly worse because the wings are playing too high and staying too long leaving a ton of space on the baseline and in the corner.

Also stop using Pete as your offensive consultant.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Average Program in every sport. Can’t be the zags and can’t beat the Ducks. Sucks being a Washington Fan

Fuck off. Nobody was dooging harder for this team, and Quade in particular, than your goofy ass. Own that. Bailing after an OOC slate that's going about as expected is some weak shit.
    I’m a doog it’s what i do.

Fuck off and let me meltdown. We gave away that game. We lost because of lack of defensive adjustment and trying to force feed Isaiah way too much. Quade had a dog shit turnover yes, overall he was pretty good. But the ball should be in Jaden’s hands down the stretch...
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Beno4Life said:

I don't understand why our offense looks nearly identical to Romar And1 ball. Can someone explain to me what our offensive identity is other than rarely going through Stewart and Jalen chucking up 20 feet two-pointers?

Gonzaga is good. Again.

Also, the Dawg Pack sucked tonight. I'm not sure they know how to coordinate a single unified cheer. Fuck the 2019-20 senior class.

Our identity is standing around the perimeter trying to force feed Isaiah. There’s literally 0 actions trying to isolate him on the block. It is retarded
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

That appears to be right by my seats...
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    That was fucking dumb. The crowd was almost as loud for Gonzaga as UW. Came down at the end where Gonzaga made those two long threes, right in front of where I was sitting. Both were the shot we wanted them to take. Then we couldn't execute on the offensive side.

18 fucking turnover tho. And lost the offensive board battle 9-2. Also, did they end continuation on a foul?

We gave up to many fast break points being lazy getting back. And Few did a good job 5 or 6 times having them work the ball in behind our zone for an easy layup.

We had quite a few blocks That were sweet. Think two goal tendings.

Overall we played better than we have prior games, just didn't execute at the end of the game.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Houhusky said:

Beno4Life said:

Gonzaga is good. Again.

I will die on the incel hill that there is a crossover point that once the female/male ratio exceeds a certain point the sports fanbase, particularly the student fan base, starts to suck.

During the mid Romar years when the dawgpack was crazy is was a bunch of drunk dudes being crazy holding up posters of a greased up Lil Bow wow against USC, mexico/taco night to make fun of affairs in Mexico, and doing in-depth doxxing research on opponents players. There were a few bro-girls that understood it, they would bring cookies and hide alcohol in their bra but it was 90%+ loud idiot dudes just having fun and being idiots.

As the team got better and more people, a lot more girls, started showing up it changed into a general social event; weird things like girls trying to reserve seats for each other, lots of time spent checking IG or snapchat, apathy to various chants like the "who cares" pre game, general game knowledge took a nosedive, and even the dawgpackdirt was discouraged because it was viewed as "mean" and "unfair" when it published some info about one of the opponents girlfriend.

The dawgpack student section is dead, even in a big game against the Zags they cant fill up the 3 small sections and be loud... there was a time when if you showed up "on time" to the game as a student you were rerouted to the rafters to the student overflow section.

Also UW marketing is fucking dumb and sucks.
    To be fair. I've been at a wsu game in Pullman where they asked my 40 year old cougar friend to go to the student section.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Beno4Life said:

Gonzaga is good. Again.

I will die on the incel hill that there is a crossover point that once the female/male ratio exceeds a certain point the sports fanbase, particularly the student fan base, starts to suck.

During the mid Romar years when the dawgpack was crazy is was a bunch of drunk dudes being crazy holding up posters of a greased up Lil Bow wow against USC, mexico/taco night to make fun of affairs in Mexico, and doing in-depth doxxing research on opponents players. There were a few bro-girls that understood it, they would bring cookies and hide alcohol in their bra but it was 90%+ loud idiot dudes just having fun and being idiots.

As the team got better and more people, a lot more girls, started showing up it changed into a general social event; weird things like girls trying to reserve seats for each other, lots of time spent checking IG or snapchat, apathy to various chants like the "who cares" pre game, general game knowledge took a nosedive, and even the dawgpackdirt was discouraged because it was viewed as "mean" and "unfair" when it published some info about one of the opponents girlfriend.

The dawgpack student section is dead, even in a big game against the Zags they cant fill up the 3 small sections and be loud... there was a time when if you showed up "on time" to the game as a student you were rerouted to the rafters to the student overflow section.

Also UW marketing is fucking dumb and sucks.
    I agree. That ratio is anything above 0/100.