Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Will Not Be a Popular Opinion

Comments

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019

I'm not convinced. We'll see how good Oregon is next year when they have to replace their supposed all-world QB, 4/5th's of their O-line, their best tight end, 3 starting linebackers, and potentially more players on their D if they decide to leave early.

Cristobal inherited a very experienced roster... he hasn't proven he can build anything yet.

The Pac-12 was fucking awful this year and Oregon could only beat UW by 4 and WSU by 3... and lost to a crappy ASU team when everything was on the line. You think Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St, Georgia, Oklahoma lose to fkn ASU? Please.

And don't get me started on Utah... their non-co sucks and their best games played were a loss to USC and scratching by UW. Overrated all year... any other year where the Pac 12 doesn't blow ass this Utah squad is a 7-8 win team.

Not convinced as in "they didn't win the Pac-12 this year" or what?
    Does it matter?

Everyone knows the Pac 12 sucks this year. Oregon was the best team in what's looking like the 4th best conference. Big whoop.

Utah and Oregon aren't top teams in the country, not even close, so why does it matter?

Cristobal had the most experienced team in a bad conference... same with Utah. I'm not impressed at all by the way either got it done.

If Cristobal is a great coach, he should have beaten Auburn. And don't give me this "Alabama lost to Auburn" crap... Bama didn't have Tua.
  • Options
    Crow_T_RobotCrow_T_Robot Member Posts: 58
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

They won the Pac, but if you think our conference champion is on the same tier as the best teams down south you are probably a mouth breathing doog retard as well.

What kind of fucking idiot would say that? Oregon is about the 4th best team in the SEC. But the SEC is so far ahead of everyone else it doesn't matter that much.

SEC: LSU, UGA, Bama and Auburn -> all better than Oregon. UF - maybe.
    B1G: Ohio State is better. Wiscy and Penn State, debatable? Iowa, probably not.
    BXII: Okie is better. No one else is.
    ACC: Climpsun is better. No one else is.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not convinced. We'll see how good Oregon is next year when they have to replace their supposed all-world QB, 4/5th's of their O-line, their best tight end, 3 starting linebackers, and potentially more players on their D if they decide to leave early.

Cristobal inherited a very experienced roster... he hasn't proven he can build anything yet.

The Pac-12 was fucking awful this year and Oregon could only beat UW by 4 and WSU by 3... and lost to a crappy ASU team when everything was on the line. You think Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St, Georgia, Oklahoma lose to fkn ASU? Please.

And don't get me started on Utah... their non-co sucks and their best games played were a loss to USC and scratching by UW. Overrated all year... any other year where the Pac 12 doesn't blow ass this Utah squad is a 7-8 win team.

Not convinced as in "they didn't win the Pac-12 this year" or what?
    Does it matter?

Everyone knows the Pac 12 sucks this year. Oregon was the best team in what's looking like the 4th best conference. Big whoop.

Utah and Oregon aren't top teams in the country, not even close, so why does it matter?
    And you could say the same about our two conference winners.

People like Crow deyoung were acting we would become the second coming of Clemson as recently as September of this year.
  • Options
    dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Hi Chris!

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,239
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

They won the Pac, but if you think our conference champion is on the same tier as the best teams down south you are probably a mouth breathing doog retard as well.

We are shit against SEC until we aren’t. It’s just too bad we can’t get a home and home with those teams though.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Beno4Life said:

He just won the conference so unpopular or not, it just is.

Meanwhilst, we* had a coach quit on us and we hired a coach with no HC experience.

Yeah but if Cristoballz can do it, so can Jimmy. As Dennis said, it’s not complicated.

I’m just impressed by Whoregon’s pre- and in-game coaching. They outschemed us (not hard) in the second half and did the same to Utah all night long. And shit, for the first time watching football, they actually make me think the Pistol is an effective strategy. RBs hit the holes with so much speed.
    All Oregon did was continue to run the ball against UW and not let Herbert fuck it up which he was well on his way to doing. Because they have RBs who can hit the hole and get yards consistently it worked out nicely. This is why I would take Verdell over Ahmed. Just get to the right place quickly and get the yards. We missed that trait in 2019.

Their only scheme was to continue to pound the rock with decent RBs against our historically bad LBs and uncompetitive team psyche.

Cristobal is a lame coach but he's interested in winning football games and works towards that end, which our staff has not done recently.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

PurpleJ said:

What kind of fucking idiot would say that? Oregon is about the 4th best team in the SEC. But the SEC is so far ahead of everyone else it doesn't matter that much.

Everything matters!

And you kind of did just imply that when you mentioned them in the same sentence as if they were at all comparable.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

PurpleJ said:

LSU, UGA, Bama, Auburn, UF, Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Penn St, Oklahoma, Baylor, Clemson are all better teams than Oregon.

Tell me what has been particularly impressive about Oregon?

Oh they beat an overrated Utah squad... UW and WSU by a combined 7 pts... nice Ducks! Way to go!
  • Options

Beno4Life said:

Meanwhilst, we* had a coach quit on us and we hired a coach with no HC experience.

Yeah but if Cristoballz can do it, so can Jimmy. As Dennis said, it’s not complicated.

I’m just impressed by Whoregon’s pre- and in-game coaching. They outschemed us (not hard) in the second half and did the same to Utah all night long. And shit, for the first time watching football, they actually make me think the Pistol is an effective strategy. RBs hit the holes with so much speed.
    All Oregon did was continue to run the ball against UW and not let Herbert fuck it up which he was well on his way to doing. Because they have RBs who can hit the hole and get yards consistently it worked out nicely. This is why I would take Verdell over Ahmed. Just get to the right place quickly and get the yards. We missed that trait in 2019.

Their only scheme was to continue to pound the rock with decent RBs against our historically bad LBs and uncompetitive team psyche.

Cristobal is a lame coach but he's interested in winning football games and works towards that end, which our staff has not done recently.
    Watching Oregon is enjoyable because their offensive players actually initiate contact and don't immediately fall down. I was like 'oh, wow, that's what it looks like for players to play hard, not be timid and trying to remember their 83 step progression on this play, and feel like they can inflict some pain and physically dominate the other team.'

I rooted for them all night. Utah are feeegs
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019
    Minnesota, Michigan, Uf, Wiconsin, and Baylor? Die doog
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Beno4Life said:

Watching Oregon is enjoyable because their offensive players actually initiate contact and don't immediately fall down. I was like 'oh, wow, that's what it looks like for players to play hard, not be timid and trying to remember their 83 step progression on this play, and feel like they can inflict some pain and physically dominate the other team.'

I rooted for them all night. Utah are feeegs
    What's more enjoyable is that their skill players are just barely above average for the most part. But the play football as if they enjoy it.

• Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Everything matters!

And you kind of did just imply that when you mentioned them in the same sentence as if they were at all comparable.
    lolno
  • Options
    Keeping it simple is what separates good coaches from great ones. It’s hard.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Oh I'm sorry... go look at the schedules for these teams.

Did any of them lose to an Arizona State level football team?

Minnesota lost to ranked Iowa and Wisconsin teams, beat Penn St.

Michigan lost to all top-15 ranked Ohio St, Penn St, Wisconsin.

Baylor's only loss is a 3-point loss to Oklahoma.

Florida's only losses were LSU and Georgia who are currently in the playoff.

OREGON LOST TO ASU WITH THE PLAYOFF ON THE LINE.

Fuck off with this "doog" shit.
  • Options

Doog alert.
  • Options

Oregon won the conference.

We choked away 3 late leads at fucking HOME otherwise we’d have been playing in that game regardless of the CU or Stanford game.

Who cares? Oregon won the conference we lost it. As always Worshington beat Worshington this season
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Oregon won the conference.

We choked away 3 late leads at fucking HOME otherwise we’d have been playing in that game regardless of the CU or Stanford game.

Who cares? Oregon won the conference we lost it. As always Worshington beat Worshington this season
    Like I said, they won a bad Pac 12.

They had an all-world OL and a "top-5" pick at QB and the best Cristobal could muster was going 8-1 in a down Pac 12 with junior/senior leadership at every position to blow their way out of the playoff.

If Oregon repeats next year I'll be the first here to say Cristobal has proven he's the best coach in the P12.

Paul Finebaum said it perfectly and this year he was right. The P12 was downright awful. Being the best coach this year in the P12 is the equivalent of WSU thinking they deserve to go to a bowl game after beating New Mexico St. and Northern Colorado who combined to go 4-20.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Cristo is only winning with Willie’s guys.