Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The cruelty is the point
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    AOC is as bright as BearsDontWiin...the change is only for people between the ages of 18 and 49 who are childless and not disabled.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,337
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Food stamps is an area where the Yang method of sending cash is better than what there is now. People can't even live on the scraps the government gives them now. I find that to be a good incentive to work but that's me

Massive inefficiency
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I seem to remember when I was a kid, those of us with 2 parents who worked and actually had enough money to bring the cool Hong Kong Phooey lunch pail to 3rd grade would make fun of the kids who were on the welfare. They knew it wasn't something to be proud of, that their parents were loosers.

Now it seems like it's a badge of honor for many.

And get off my lawn (shakes fist)
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

The cruelty is the point

We've made it too easy for many in this country to choose idle poverty over working poverty.
    TAKERS!!!!11!
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,757
    BearsWiin said:

The cruelty is the point

I'm a little short of cash. Please send half of your money to me. If you don't you're cruel.
  • Options
    maybe you should sell some guns
  • Options

Food stamps is an area where the Yang method of sending cash is better than what there is now. People can't even live on the scraps the government gives them now. I find that to be a good incentive to work but that's me

Massive inefficiency

Ever since you can use your SNAP card at strip clubs and to buy liquor, cigarettes fan bear anything, I'm betting the amount of food purchased is about zero.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Massive inefficiency

If UBI eliminates SNAP then yes...Yang isn't proposing that though. He's pushing keeping everything and adding a $1k/month on top, and deducting from that $1/k what the people get in benefits from SNAP and other things. Its really a bizarre interpretation of the original UBI concept.
  • Options
    Fuck Yang and the rest of the democratic communist party.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    When her father died did he have no life insurance? No Social Security? He was a white collar professional. Why didn't he take care of his own family?
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,305
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    In 2017 there were 56 million students in K-12. 22 million of them received free lunches. The poverty rate is 12%.

There are a lot of people gaming the system.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

Massive inefficiency

Ever since you can use your SNAP card at strip clubs and to buy liquor, cigarettes fan bear anything, I'm betting the amount of food purchased is about zero.
    Lol I'll wait for Bob to chime in and blast you as a liar.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

In 2017 there were 56 million students in K-12. 22 million of them received free lunches. The poverty rate is 12%.

There are a lot of people gaming the system.

They have been trying to get me to sign up for free lunch since my kids started school, it has nothing to do with income. My kids say that the other kids look at them as suckers because they actually pay for their own school lunches.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Massive inefficiency

Lol I'll wait for Bob to chime in and blast you as a liar.
    Fuck off.

I actually have seen them used for food.

Nothing like waiting in line behind someone with two carts full of groceries pay with their SNAP card and then see them load it into their brand new truck with paper plates.

Or follow an illegal alien while they use their SNAP cards and WIC coupons in their new Navigator. Then have them stopped at the border crossing and take a couple million dollars out of the car.

I liked driving their drug money back to log into evidence for counting.