Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bush's never ending couch sale

Someone mentioned that Bush is gonna trip on his dick if he's OC because in the end his dick is Pete's; he doesn't know any offense outside of Pete's. Dude doesn't have a Wikipedia page (WTF?) so I pop over to his gohuskies page to check out his pedigree:

Only UW is stupid enough to keep him for more than one year, and he's had 9 different stints in his 11 year coaching career. No one is fighting too hard to keep him around.

Why did he keep getting moved up? Has he shown anything? Or was it just the allure of a Petersen acolyte, the gesamtsportwerk coach?

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Wait, there’s a coaching title of “Offensive Quality Control”?????

:D
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,939
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Try hard brown guy.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,605
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    To be fair that resume looks like a lot of college football coach's resumes
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Affirmative Action
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

To be fair that resume looks like a lot of college football coach's resumes

I don't think most guys generally move up the ladder that fast.

Dude's an OC at a major program at 33 without having skipped any steps to get there and already having coached 3/5 of the offensive position groups. It's not record time or anything but it's pretty rare for someone to have done all of that that early.
    He needs more time to get his reads down is that what you saying?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

Your crazy all but 2015 are promotions. The only weird thing is how he managed to land a promotion every year. Trying to turn that into a negative is the biggest twist of the year

You might notice in the original post I directly addressed that they were all promotions, but only UW promoted him internally. Ie, his current employer (excepting UW) always said "go ahead" when he told them he had another job offer.

Maybe you think HamMan is a killer coach; DDY and budz convinced a lot of people of that, so I wouldn't blame you. But personally I'm not seeing it, and with the benefit of hindsight, maybe that is borne out by the pattern of his constant change of scenery.

I then even mused as to why he kept getting promotions; I think it is more likely people think Pete has a secret sauce than they looked at Bush's personal accomplishments when deciding to hire him.

But, in the end, I hope we are again one of those employers that wishes him well in his future endeavors and lets someone else discover his true mettle.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Bread said:

Your crazy all but 2015 are promotions. The only weird thing is how he managed to land a promotion every year. Trying to turn that into a negative is the biggest twist of the year

You might notice in the original post I directly addressed that they were all promotions, but only UW promoted him internally. Ie, his current employer (excepting UW) always said "go ahead" when he told them he had another job offer.

Maybe you think HamMan is a killer coach; DDY and budz convinced a lot of people of that, so I wouldn't blame you. But personally I'm not seeing it, and with the benefit of hindsight, maybe that is borne out by the pattern of his constant change of scenery.

I then even mused as to why he kept getting promotions; I think it is more likely people think Pete has a secret sauce than they looked at Bush's personal accomplishments when deciding to hire him.

But, in the end, I hope we are again one of those employers that wishes him well in his future endeavors and lets someone else discover his true mettle.
    OTOH he had chincredible results as WR coach here in 2016. John Ross knew two routes and was so bad at the others that he sent to defense before Hamdan got here. Dante Pettis was JAG.

Ross, Pettis and Chico all had their best seasons rather easily in their one season under Bush.

I don't see any evidence he can coach QBs or run an offense but that doesn't mean he can't coach. And I doubt very strongly teams were just letting him walk without fighting to keep him.

You're creating a narrative here.
    That's what my big ape brain wants to do, and I thought what college football hobby boreds were all about.

I'm mostly ambivalent about his coaching ability, I'm too stupid to really assess it, and with all the confounding variables probably everyone else here is, too. I will admit I'm creating a narrative that supports my desired result of him being shown his walking papers, err, being promoted to OC/AHC at Davidson.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,642
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Bread said:

OTOH he had chincredible results as WR coach here in 2016. John Ross knew two routes and was so bad at the others that he sent to defense before Hamdan got here. Dante Pettis was JAG.

Ross, Pettis and Chico all had their best seasons rather easily in their one season under Bush.

I don't see any evidence he can coach QBs or run an offense but that doesn't mean he can't coach. And I doubt very strongly teams were just letting him walk without fighting to keep him.

This.

His tenure as UW receivers coach was too short to be 100% sure, but it sure as fuck looked to be going well.

His tenure as UWs OC and QB coach, plus his short stint at Atlanta, are enough. We know he sucks at both. There really shouldn't be a spot on the staff for him unless it's a demotion to WR and I'd prefer to see another year of Junior Adam's before that happened.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Bread said:

That's what my big ape brain wants to do, and I thought what college football hobby boreds were all about.

I'm mostly ambivalent about his coaching ability, I'm too stupid to really assess it, and with all the confounding variables probably everyone else here is, too. I will admit I'm creating a narrative that supports my desired result of him being shown his walking papers, err, being promoted to OC/AHC at Davidson.
    Fair
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

NEsnake12 said:

Wait, there’s a coaching title of “Offensive Quality Control”?????

:D

It’s what Saban calls of the recently fired head coaches he hires
    Hardcorehusky could use some quality control
    I would apply QC directorfor but I might be part of the problem

edit: damn i am no good with onr arm in a sling. keep hitting wrong buttons - so much for QC