Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,303
    He was on trajectory to get a statue, but I think he needed at least 10 years and a natty.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    89ute said:

I'm assuming @Dennis_DeYoung is serious with this Doog bullshit. If so, I'm disappointed. Pete woke up and didn't have the drive so he quit. Not a saint does this make. He didn't want to do it anymore. Literally would not do it even if you paid him millions. Does Dennis think he did this out of altruism? Do you Doog fucks think the same thing?

I'd bet what's left of my shriveled old nut sack that 10-15-20 years from now when this UW thing is a distant memory your mother fucking Saint Pete will be basking in the fall sunshine of Albertsons Stadium watching games in his favorite Boise St hat being lavished by his Boise St disciples and telling his grandkids how great he was AT BOISE FUCKING STATE.

Yeah, I agree. He doesn’t deserve praise or disdain for his decision. He doesn’t want to do it so he stepped aside. It happens.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

I'm assuming @Dennis_DeYoung is serious with this Doog bullshit. If so, I'm disappointed. Pete woke up and didn't have the drive so he quit. Not a saint does this make. He didn't want to do it anymore. Literally would not do it even if you paid him millions. Does Dennis think he did this out of altruism? Do you Doog fucks think the same thing?

I'd bet what's left of my shriveled old nut sack that 10-15-20 years from now when this UW thing is a distant memory your mother fucking Saint Pete will be basking in the fall sunshine of Albertsons Stadium watching games in his favorite Boise St hat being lavished by his Boise St disciples and telling his grandkids how great he was AT BOISE FUCKING STATE.

Yeah, I agree. He doesn’t deserve praise or disdain for his decision. He doesn’t want to do it so he stepped aside. It happens.
    Just to make it clear, I have no disdain for Pete's decision. The contempt in my poast is directed at @Dennis_DeYoung's dumb fucking take.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    89ute said:

DDY is playing at being an ambassador for the program instead of a shitposter.

He is saying what he thinks needs to be said not necessarily what he believes.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

89ute said:

DDY is playing at being an ambassador for the program instead of a shitposter.

He is saying what he thinks needs to be said not necessarily what he believes.
    He's still taking shots at Cooper McDonalds* and Nick Harris (which is chin sane) on BDTW.

He's the same as he's ever been.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,444 Founders Club
    Or maybe Pete was so burned out that he couldn't tolerate even one more day. And there was nothing selfless or saintly about it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,444 Founders Club
    89ute said:

I made my post before I read this take. Your take says it better than mine, but same message.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club
    edited December 2019
    AEB said:

89ute said:

I think Pete did some great work at UW, namely making us nationally relevant again. But ultimately he wasn’t statue worthy and never could fully make the transition to big time Power 5 football. I don’t think he’s some kind of Saint but I’m glad he got the fuck out if his heart wasn’t in it.
    This comment is exactly right. However, 6 years ago had someone said, and people did, that this would be the case, the argument’s support would’ve been he couldn’t recruit at a Power 5 level, and he couldn’t relate to 4/5 star recruits. Instead, his shortcomings were largely during the game day: schemes, aggressiveness, playing the top talent, knowing when to go for it and when to punt, mentally preparing the team. Those were all things I thought he would’ve dominated.
    I'd disagree a bit here. It took Pete quite a while to break out of middle of PAC level recruiting to top tier Power 5 recruiting. The 2016- 17 classes simply weren't good enough and had too many holes. The breakthrough year really didn't come until 2018 and now it's up to Lake to make hay with those guys (or not).

With the benefit of hindsight I think we can say Pete pretty much played out as one might have expected if you looked closely enough. His Boise State offense had stagnated and never really got better here. And it took 5 long years for recruiting to really hit it's stride.

I'm extremely grateful for what Pete did at UW. He left the program in way better than how he found it. But "sainthood" is not in order. Only Don James gets that. To me he'll always be "blessed" Peter.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

AEB said:

89ute said:

I think Pete did some great work at UW, namely making us nationally relevant again. But ultimately he wasn’t statue worthy and never could fully make the transition to big time Power 5 football. I don’t think he’s some kind of Saint but I’m glad he got the fuck out if his heart wasn’t in it.
    This comment is exactly right. However, 6 years ago had someone said, and people did, that this would be the case, the argument’s support would’ve been he couldn’t recruit at a Power 5 level, and he couldn’t relate to 4/5 star recruits. Instead, his shortcomings were largely during the game day: schemes, aggressiveness, playing the top talent, knowing when to go for it and when to punt, mentally preparing the team. Those were all things I thought he would’ve dominated.
    I'd disagree a bit here. It took Pete quite a while to break out of middle of PAC level recruiting to top tier Power 5 recruiting. The 2016- 17 classes simply weren't good enough and had too many holes. The breakthrough year really didn't come until 2018 and now it's up to Lake to make hay with those guys (or not).

With the benefit of hindsight I think we can say Pete pretty much played out as one might have expected if you looked closely enough. His Boise State offense had stagnated and never really got better here. And it took 5 long years for recruiting to really hit it's stride.

I'm extremely grateful for what Pete did at UW. He left the program in way better than how he found it. But "sainthood" is not in order. Only Don James gets that. To me he'll always be "blessed" Peter.

He found this place at 9-4 and leaving at 7-5