Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Saint Peter

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
    The triple rebuke
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    He was okay. But he accomplished squat and is a gay fag.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,471

89ute said:

I'm assuming @Dennis_DeYoung is serious with this Doog bullshit. If so, I'm disappointed. Pete woke up and didn't have the drive so he quit. Not a saint does this make. He didn't want to do it anymore. Literally would not do it even if you paid him millions. Does Dennis think he did this out of altruism? Do you Doog fucks think the same thing?

I'd bet what's left of my shriveled old nut sack that 10-15-20 years from now when this UW thing is a distant memory your mother fucking Saint Pete will be basking in the fall sunshine of Albertsons Stadium watching games in his favorite Boise St hat being lavished by his Boise St disciples and telling his grandkids how great he was AT BOISE FUCKING STATE.

Chris Petersen is a UC-Davis Aggie.

He’s from there, played there and is part of the legendary Jim Sochor and Bob Foster coaching tree. I’d bet he succeeds Dan Hawkins as coach at UC Davis and is coaching the Aggies in 2025 when they play UW in Husky Stadium.
    Out of all the predictions I've read regarding him coaching again, this seems the most plausible. That would be a rough game for him returning to Husky Stadium on the visitors' sideline. When UW played BSU in Boise, he was extremely vocal about how uncomfortable that game was for him; IIRC at one point even suggesting of trying to get it taken off the schedule.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

AEB said:

89ute said:

I'm assuming @Dennis_DeYoung is serious with this Doog bullshit. If so, I'm disappointed. Pete woke up and didn't have the drive so he quit. Not a saint does this make. He didn't want to do it anymore. Literally would not do it even if you paid him millions. Does Dennis think he did this out of altruism? Do you Doog fucks think the same thing?

I'd bet what's left of my shriveled old nut sack that 10-15-20 years from now when this UW thing is a distant memory your mother fucking Saint Pete will be basking in the fall sunshine of Albertsons Stadium watching games in his favorite Boise St hat being lavished by his Boise St disciples and telling his grandkids how great he was AT BOISE FUCKING STATE.

I think Pete did some great work at UW, namely making us nationally relevant again. But ultimately he wasn’t statue worthy and never could fully make the transition to big time Power 5 football. I don’t think he’s some kind of Saint but I’m glad he got the fuck out if his heart wasn’t in it.
    This comment is exactly right. However, 6 years ago had someone said, and people did, that this would be the case, the argument’s support would’ve been he couldn’t recruit at a Power 5 level, and he couldn’t relate to 4/5 star recruits. Instead, his shortcomings were largely during the game day: schemes, aggressiveness, playing the top talent, knowing when to go for it and when to punt, mentally preparing the team. Those were all things I thought he would’ve dominated.
    I'd disagree a bit here. It took Pete quite a while to break out of middle of PAC level recruiting to top tier Power 5 recruiting. The 2016- 17 classes simply weren't good enough and had too many holes. The breakthrough year really didn't come until 2018 and now it's up to Lake to make hay with those guys (or not).

With the benefit of hindsight I think we can say Pete pretty much played out as one might have expected if you looked closely enough. His Boise State offense had stagnated and never really got better here. And it took 5 long years for recruiting to really hit it's stride.

I'm extremely grateful for what Pete did at UW. He left the program in way better than how he found it. But "sainthood" is not in order. Only Don James gets that. To me he'll always be "blessed" Peter.

He found this place at 9-4 and leaving at 7-5
    Section14aFS POTY!