Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Did we lose the ability to criticize the coach

Without being called a racist? I’m just askin!

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited December 2019
    They always get the shitty coaching opportunities

.In November 2012, Jon Embree got emotional during a press conference to announce his firing as the University of Colorado’s football coach. Embree, a former tight end for the Buffaloes, inherited a disastrous team and won just four games in two seasons. He was the first black head coach in the program’s history, and one of 15 black head coaches in Division I at the time. “We don’t get second chances,” Embree said of black coaches. He later told the Denver Post: “You know we don’t get opportunities. At the end of the day, you get fired and that’s it, right, wrong or indifferent. … We get bad jobs and no time to fix it”
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    The racism allegations will start flying at the first whiff of controversy. It's Seattle, yo! Wokiest City in the West.
    It will be 99% bullshit but loser locals will run the excuse factories overtime to turn a simple measure of wins & losses into a giant conspiracy to fuck a black coach, even though he's popular, respected, and a multi-millionaire many times over.
    There will also be those like OBK saying he only got hired because he was black.
    Same kinda lunatic fringe shit on both sides of the bell curve. Some shit will never change.
    Personally, I like the way Jimmy can develop players. He's the best in the business at that, and if only we had a QB or receivers coach who could do the same, Pete might have kept the job.
    But a HC job is a lot more work and a lot more political & PR shit. Frankly, because he's black, Jimmy might be spared some shit Peterson had to go through, like the "OKG is racist" bullshit last summer. At least the CFB fags can't tag Jimmy with that. And that's nice.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

The racism allegations will start flying at the first whiff of controversy. It's Seattle, yo! Wokiest City in the West.
    It will be 99% bullshit but loser locals will run the excuse factories overtime to turn a simple measure of wins & losses into a giant conspiracy to fuck a black coach, even though he's popular, respected, and a multi-millionaire many times over.
    There will also be those like OBK saying he only got hired because he was black.
    Same kinda lunatic fringe shit on both sides of the bell curve. Some shit will never change.
    Personally, I like the way Jimmy can develop players. He's the best in the business at that, and if only we had a QB or receivers coach who could do the same, Pete might have kept the job.
    But a HC job is a lot more work and a lot more political & PR shit. Frankly, because he's black, Jimmy might be spared some shit Peterson had to go through, like the "OKG is racist" bullshit last summer. At least the CFB fags can't tag Jimmy with that. And that's nice.

I'm sorry for bringing it up
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Don't worry, my BDTW sources are telling me that Jimmy has at least one ambiguously white parent. He's fair game.

I had to triple take when I first heard Jimmy speak, would have sworn it was a white dude from Spokane. But, I guess it makes some sense, being a half white dude from Spokane.

That being said, is it known if UW is his dream job? Has he been a DWaG 4 LyFe?
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,004

I don't have anything against black head coaches, but only so far as they are in reasonable amounts.

If everybody were hooked up to a lie detector, they would admit that if they could choose they'd rather have more head coaches of their own race than other races.

I don't have a problem here, but if there's a wave of black or latino or asian coaches then I do have a problem with that.

But I'm not racist!!!!!!!!

@oregonblitzkrieg

I don't have anything against black head coaches, but only so far as they are in reasonable amounts.

If everybody were hooked up to a lie detector, they would admit that if they could choose they'd rather have more head coaches of their own race than other races.

I don't have a problem here, but if there's a wave of black or latino or asian coaches then I do have a problem with that.

@oregonblitzkrieg
    Which Rum are you drinking? Cuban or Jamaican?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,004

@oregonblitzkrieg
    Can I even drink real Cuban rum?

I drink Bacardi, because it was Cuban and is still run by Cubans. Just in Puerto Rico.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Nope. Any criticism of Jimmy Lake means you’re a virulent racist who also hates short men, beards and mean who had the temerity to stick with their family. Why do you guys hate success so much ? Bigots

@oregonblitzkrieg
    Can I even drink real Cuban rum?

I drink Bacardi, because it was Cuban and is still run by Cubans. Just in Puerto Rico.

Does Nicaraguan count? At least it's produced by Commies.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited December 2019
    HuskyJW said:

When you point your finger there are four more pointing right back at you

In his case, this actually, literally applies to him.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    If he wins sure