Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Difference between Pete and Sark

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,173
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Pete: "Over at Boise, we had a quarterback named Kellen Moore. I don't think he ever ran for more than 3 yards in his life, but he was a pretty good quarterback. We played to his strengths."

Sark: "Jake likes to run and is physical, but based on my need to show everyone what an offensive genius I am, we're going to force Jake to become a pocket passer."

Comments

• Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I"ll tell you another difference. He's going to build a team tougher than Stanford, and as dicliplined as Ty's team. If he can recruit speed and develop strength, then he"ll have his Alabama.
  • Options
    Sign of a good coach is someone who adjusts to his players like Rick did with Tui.

While Sark was too busy worrying about his own ego to adjust to his players and make them run things his way.

You can tell with that one statement why Petersen is so well at developing talent much like Pete Carroll is. They identify a players strengths and put them in a position to succeed. No need to ask them to do something they can't physically do.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I know you're being Sarkastic and all but Pete coached at USC, not Boise.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,238
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    The difference between sark and Coach Chris Petersen:

sark=frat boy playing head coach on an xbox

Coach Chris Petersen = successful adult head coach worthy of respect.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2013
    One thing that is different:

Coach Petersen has the experience, the smarts, and the ability to adapt to his player's strengths.

One of the big problems with hiring Sark was his lack of experience. He just didn't have the background that would have allowed him to adjust to his player's strengths. Sark was a one-trick pony---the pro-set.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Pete: "Over at Boise, we had a quarterback named Kellen Moore. I don't think he ever ran for more than 3 yards in his life, but he was a pretty good quarterback. We played to his strengths."

Sark: "Jake likes to run and is physical, but based on my need to show everyone what an offensive genius I am, we're going to force Jake to become a pocket passer."

Which one is starting in the NFL?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Neither.
  • Options
    Founders Club

sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/8/5188096/chris-johnson-jake-locker-titans
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    tracker said:

Coach Petersen has the experience, the smarts, and the ability to adapt to his player's strengths.

One of the big problems with hiring Sark was his lack of experience. He just didn't have the background that would have allowed him to adjust to his player's strengths. Sark was a one-trick pony---the pro-set.

It's not just lack of experience with Sark. It's also the lack of a couple of traits you mentioned about Petersen... the smarts and ability.

Sark is not cut out to be a head coach. He has more experience now, but has he learned anything from it and is he able to adapt? He may never be capable of being a true head coach. He lacks attention to detail and he doesn't have a true plan and philosophy on how to improve his team and players.
  • Options
    Founders Club

tracker said:

It's not just lack of experience with Sark. It's also the lack of a couple of traits you mentioned about Petersen... the smarts and ability.

Sark is not cut out to be a head coach. He has more experience now, but has he learned anything from it and is he able to adapt? He may never be capable of being a true head coach. He lacks attention to detail and he doesn't have a true plan and philosophy on how to improve his team and players.
    which team/philosophy will Sark mimic next?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

tracker said:

which team/philosophy will Sark mimic next?
    Win forever, man
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Neither.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam

Neither
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Neither.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Neither.
    is moore starting in the NFL? Is Locker? That's what I thought.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam

Neither.

Neither
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!