Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake sucks

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hate that they made me excited for next year. House always wins
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy's going to blood eagle Meat on the O next year and I'm here for it.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,542
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Until he doesn't.

That's all.

Yeah, but what is your opinion of his abilities as a head coach?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

No experience. Took over the D and they sucked after being good for like forever.

DBU won't get it done. You can't win with corners and safeties and shit talk.

I don't see it. You? might get lucky. You probably won't.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

haie said:

No experience. Took over the D and they sucked after being good for like forever.

Sucky D had no problem shutting your shit down.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,522
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

haie said:

It's all a roll of the dice. Obviously.

Great recruiter which is really what the program needs going forward.

Excellent position coach. Guys play for him and don't mail it in against Georgia State and the Cactus bowl. And fucking shitty Cal and Stanford teams.

Very good, if not great DC. I wasn't as down on the defense as most. Even those that are you get K back.

It comes down to what happens with assistants and the areas of weakness.

Pete has been burned out for multiple seasons now but the system has been pretty good. Knowing UW AD it was either this or a retired woman rugby player.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

Excellent position coach. Guys play for him and don't mail it in against Georgia State and the Cactus bowl. And fucking shitty Cal and Stanford teams.

Very good, if not great DC. I wasn't as down on the defense as most. Even those that are you get K back.

Pete has been burned out for multiple seasons now but the system has been pretty good. Knowing UW AD it was either this or a retired woman rugby player.
    Great recruiter. Everyone says so
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    *He's black Sark until he's not
  • Options

haie said:

Sucky D had no problem shutting your shit down.
    Great post.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

I agree with most of that except great DC. I don't think you have the data to support that one. I do agree mostly with the "guys play for him" thing. That's evident and important. But, the question remains will that happen when he's the HC. It's a slightly different thing being the popular, younger, brash and cool assistant than it is being on your own. In some respects, his "that's bullshit!" sideline and post-game bad ass routine stood out by way of how it contrasted with Peterman's stoicism. But now that's gone and whoever Lake really is is all that you've got. Sometimes that role plays better when you're the supporting cast and not as well when you're the entire show.

I, too, believe in the need for a great recruiter, especially up here in the PNW where the talent doesn't just show up by default. That's why I thought Cristo would be an automatic upgrade for Oregon over a Helfrich even if that's all he brought to the table.

My main criticism is that there is a complete dearth of evidence that the guy can coach anything besides DBs. Can he be a CEO? It takes a hell of a lot more to do it than just being one of the boys. Ask Manny Diaz, he of the turnover chain invention, who actually is a damn good D coordinator and thus far has shown zero DNA to be a HC.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Lake is Sark without the sizzle
  • Options

TOP DEFINITION
    The Jimmysex
    When the man is taking a dump and has a raging member, (similar to a pulsating titans toe) he then plugs the woman's anal cavity with said member whist she pisses through his legs.
    After Elwood had been strumming Butters to the point of gushing her vaginal fluids everywhere she begged him to pull out the Jimmy on her.
    #blumkin#jimmy#hot lunch#cleveland steamer#angry pirate#dutch oven#space docking.

I have no idea who this is spoofing or what it even means, but I laffed.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I’m leaning that way too. That’s what the percentages probably would tell us. I do see some benefits. The D should be good and since Lake had nothing to do with the offense it should be easier to jettison coaches and get a whole new identity on offense.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,315
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I’m leaning that way too. That’s what the percentages probably would tell us. I do see some benefits. The D should be good and since Lake had nothing to do with the offense it should be easier to jettison coaches couches and get a whole new identity on offense.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601

TOP DEFINITION
    The Jimmysex
    When the man is taking a dump and has a raging member, (similar to a pulsating titans toe) he then plugs the woman's anal cavity with said member whist she pisses through his legs.
    After Elwood had been strumming Butters to the point of gushing her vaginal fluids everywhere she begged him to pull out the Jimmy on her.
    #blumkin#jimmy#hot lunch#cleveland steamer#angry pirate#dutch oven#space docking.

As long as you've got the creep to be amused you're good
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,537
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

TOP DEFINITION
    The Jimmysex

As long as you've got the creep to be amused you're good
    I've always wondered if Creep has the same laugh as Ricky Ricardo.