Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jimmy Lake ?

Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562
Does having another HC with no previous HC experience bother any W fans?

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,768 Founders Club
    Yes, it's definitely a concern. Last time a DC was promoted to HC, it was Lambo. Not saying Lake is Lambo; don't twist.

With that said, like Damone mentioned in his thread, Lake sucks until he doesn't. However, maybe the team will now play with some energy and not like a bunch of robots.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,809
    Well, it will if he doesn't make the necessary changes. If we don't see a new offense when we take the field under his command, I will worry. Sure, short time for the bowl, but you can certainly show your mindset.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Three years ago I'd say fuck yeah. But the success of Day, Riley, and Cristobal (combined with the further ascension of Dabo) has me thinking there's a new trend in college football. I'm still nervous because most head coaches fail and we had one of the few proven commodities in the game. But I guess the sky is the limit here until it's not.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Three years ago I'd say fuck yeah. But the success of Day, Riley, and Cristobal (combined with the further ascension of Dabo) has me thinking there's a new trend in college football. I'm still nervous because most head coaches fail and we had one of the few proven commodities in the game. But I guess the sky is the limit here until it's not.

So's the floor.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,214
    Yes, concerning. HOWEVER (ESPN shouting voice), we knew what the ceiling was under Pete and things were not going to change as is evidenced by him stepping down. Anyone outside of Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, and Dabo Swinney would carry with them some degree of question marks so I guess it's time we venture in to the great unknown. This will re-energize the entire university and AD, though. Whether that translates in to wins or just a sideline of assholes doing the lawnmower is TBD. EWIWBI.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Lake will define Cohen's legacy at UW.

He'll have to wrestle it away from "Floppy Tits," which is already bronzed.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    You mean like Chip Kelly? ;)
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562
    UW is not Ohio State or Oklahoma.
    Not even close
    Yes, the school has a huge impact on performance of the footballHC.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,798
    I like the continuity and the fact that the pieces are there. If he fails there is absolutely no one to blame but himself and Cohen, but as somebody said (and I agree with), if the pieces are there an internal hire makes sense. If he brings the modern twist that Pete’s program needs it could work. I also agree 100% with Race that a hungry Lake is better than a checked out Pete. My gut is that its the best move for the situation. Hopefully I am RIGHT