Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We all saw it: And we all now know the Core Issue

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TommySQC said:

When Sark's players did this, they were "undisciplined".

JFC this place is awful. @DerekJohnson should have closed the gates.

thanks for the tip, pup
    Which one will give you worse advice on how to run HCH - PUP or Tommy?

At least PUP didn't get us banned from the Taki Tiki.
    Its always the guys who don't donate that complain the loudest.
    Oh Christ.

I only pay out when Darth memes are used.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Didn't Wellington miss 2 big tackles in the first few drives of the game that gave WSU first downs? I like this sentiment of this thread, he and Manu are the worst ILB's to ever play in UW history... no room to talk shit ever.

Also, I'm pretty sure Pete just didn't want penalty. That little bitch Gordon was baiting all game, talking tons of crap, should have been called for a late hit... last thing we needed was to give WSU the satisfaction of a taunting penalty.

When all is said and done, the Huskies looked like adults who just smashed a WSU squad full of middle schoolers who couldn't contain their hormones or emotions.

That's a bigger victory than whatever Wellington could have achieved talking shit on the field.
  • Options
    spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2019
    NEsnake12 said:

Meek said:

and furthermore.... watch this highlight of McDuffie's interception. Just don't watch McDuffie - watch right as he makes the catch... now look to the right a bit and notice which LB is whiffing on the block of Max Borghi because he doesn't think it's important enough to make the play before the whistle.. then look who tackles McDuffie on his INT return.

now, if you're the head coach and you notice this kind of effort and awareness then the same guy gets all physical on a 165 lb qb AFTER the whistle how would you handle it?

I didn’t notice that block whiff by Welly until now. Jfc
    Yeah, not good. Ulofoshio with a great, effective block on the pick. Lol, his guy goes flying out of the picture. Shocking.
    How on earth was he not playing earlier in the year. All he does is produce. Mind boggling.
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It was right after this interception. Pete went on to the field and grabbed the player. Screamed at him after the WSU QB gave him a push. Bottom line. To scared to play loose. The point of this is that he is more upset about that than a fumble. That’s what I have an issue with.
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It’s 4th quarter between 10:12 and 10:17
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    edited November 2019
    Clevdawg said:

It was right after this interception. Pete went on to the field and grabbed the player. Screamed at him after the WSU QB gave him a push. Bottom line. To scared to play loose. The point of this is that he is more upset about that than a fumble. That’s what I have an issue with.

There's a difference between playing loose and drawing a dumb penalty because an inferior opponent is trying to bait you. Pete is right there... UW has made a living stomping these idiots and they didn't need to resort to dropping to their level to do it, ever. We've felt like the far superior team and we've represented ourselves that way.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

and furthermore.... watch this highlight of McDuffie's interception. Just don't watch McDuffie - watch right as he makes the catch... now look to the right a bit and notice which LB is whiffing on the block of Max Borghi because he doesn't think it's important enough to make the play before the whistle.. then look who tackles McDuffie on his INT return.

now, if you're the head coach and you notice this kind of effort and awareness then the same guy gets all physical on a 165 lb qb AFTER the whistle how would you handle it?

oh my god you're right

what an embarrassment. already disliked the dude a lot but..
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

thanks for the tip, pup

Oh Christ.

I'll post one late tonight. Pry open that wallet of yours buddy
  • Options

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

thanks for the tip, pup

Oh Christ.

I don't carry coins in my wallet
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

thanks for the tip, pup

Oh Christ.

Maybe @gabemarksknee could lend some money?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188

Was it Scott Huff that Pete was chewing out after another run play where we got tackled in the backfield due to the offensive line?

Yes....Eason and the running back went left and the OL blocked right. Or vice versa.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Meek said:

jecornel said:

I actually enjoyed Pete chewing out Wellington. It was as if to say "you've been dogshit all year, you don't get to crow on one if the few plays that went your way".

I just don't think Wellington really did much. Total overreaction.
    I thought Pete was correct to chew on him....Wellington taking an opportunity to taunt and showboat some tuff guy routine in front of their skinny ass hobbled quarterback away from the actual tackle was weak ass shit. That's the kind of bullshit that often gives us a 15 yard penalty and it was unnecessary at that point.

I don't like Pete turning the guys into eunochs anymore than the rest of you, but Wellington acting like king tough shit in the face of that little kid at qb wasn't how you pwn them. How you do it is the way Molden did it - make a big play and then howl.
    It's not the culture thing. It's the "when you do it" thing. When you're 6-5 and the game is still somewhat in doubt, you're going to chew on a guy who gets a 15 yarder unless that guy is an all world player who can make up for it.

I saw it. I've seen plenty worse, but he got the unsportsmanlike call and that's why Pete ripped into him.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,020
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

the fact Jimmy Lake wasn't available to media is not a good sign

Couch sold.
  • Options

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

thanks for the tip, pup

Oh Christ.

Maybe @gabemarksknee could lend some money?
    He's still salty after yesterday
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Clevdawg said:

It’s never really the X’s and the O’s boys. It’s the Jimmy’s and Jose’s. This is the core root of the problem
    1. Fuller smiling when he fumbled
    2. Pete going ape shit on a (#3 I think) player for talking shit and bumping into the WSU AB and putting his arms up.

Team take away. It’s acceptable to be a pussy and fumble you can literally you can smile. But God forbid if you flex on an opposing team. Beta behavior. Watch OSU today. They don’t get yelled at for it. Because the team is coached when it’s stupid to do so and when they can get away with it. My favorite when the Buckeye Line backer realizing he was in the pile and couldn’t be seen bent Jake Lockers neck back his helmet came off. Quote Urban Myer” toughest team always wins. Period”

Wellington has been terrible all year and final

spuden said:

NEsnake12 said:

Meek said:

I didn’t notice that block whiff by Welly until now. Jfc
    Yeah, not good. Ulofoshio with a great, effective block on the pick. Lol, his guy goes flying out of the picture. Shocking.
    How on earth was he not playing earlier in the year. All he does is produce. Mind boggling.
    Ulofoshio got fucked this year. It’s really clear he’s the best LB on the team. The seniors played because seniority. Sirmon and Tafisi only played before him because he’s a walk on. I don’t think they were really any better in practice. They probably all looked roughly the same. All of them can do the drills and non contact stuff at practice.

It’s baffling how many bad personnel decisions the coaches made this year and it really did cost us games.

Cal ran all over us in the 2nd half. Ulofoshio would have helped a lot. Same against Oregon.

WR’s against Cal. Bynum and Puka won us that game. There is no question in my mind.

Cam Williams getting benched sooner, the WR’s, and LB against Stanford. Different guys in and that is very possibly a game we squeak out a W.

Win those and I doubt we play completely flat against Colorado.

A lot of hypotheticals, but this season could have been much different with these changes. 10-2 or 9-3 is so much better than 7-5.
    This. Start the season playing the best GAME players. If the starters aren’t getting it done, try the backups sooner.

Pete and crew have it backwards. Yesterday would have been the right time to play SRs Baciella and Manu when the game was well in hand. Instead they kept getting chances, time after time when they sucked, while the young players sat.

Bynum, Puka, Spiker, Ule, Tuli, Taki, and Asa. What could have been.

Lowe has already entered the portal. Osborne looks like a lock to join him. Jones has made noise he might, go too.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn’t learn anything yesterday other than reinforce the idea that skipping the game is always great, and this team is a pile of greased up faggot frontrunners who love beating up on shitty teams.

And stuffing is better the second time around. And that.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    NLdawg said:

jecornel said:

I actually enjoyed Pete chewing out Wellington. It was as if to say "you've been dogshit all year, you don't get to crow on one if the few plays that went your way".

I just don't think Wellington really did much. Total overreaction.
    Dude, like 2 weeks ago you started a thread celebrating Ryan Day because he screams and yells. Which is it?
    Are you serious dude? Pete is happy to chew some guys ass for nothing? Ryan day is the middle of his guys pushing, yelling, and screaming in pregame getting dudes hyped. I rather enjoyed it. Washington will never be Ohio State.

Pete is Pete. It's fine. Beta ball is Washington ball. He likes winning football games against dreck.