Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seniors walking today

2»

Comments

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Potoae has never gotten the love he deserves. But you're right, that's still an underwhelming group of knob slobberers.

Frankly, I can't say my knob feels terribly slobbed by these jabroneys.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

Didn't realize Whitford is done already. That's actually a big loss.

3 to play 2 iirc
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Emoterman said:

Captain Redact-o didn't even run out of the tunnel when his name was called, as best as I could tell. Was he shook? Was coaches shook, afraid he'd get booed? Or I might have just missed him, but I was watching...

They skipped over Hilbers name when Manu was announced ... Hilbers ran out instead
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,091
    Pounds showed some glimpses last year but was a complete non-factor this season.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FirePete said:

personally they suck as group, glad they gone. Myles and Harris are war daddies

Both didn't do shit against good teams. But Doog it up if you have to

FirePete said:

personally they suck as group, glad they gone. Myles and Harris are war daddies

Both didn't do shit against good teams. But Doog it up if you have to
    What reality are you living in??
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    Saw that Senior list back in March and my 1st thought was "meh and uh-oh". Would have been worse had Tre not been hurt and left last year when he should have, but on other hand, had Rapp and Murphy came back it looks much better.

On some level, had you looked at just the senior class, and then was told to make a season prediction, 7-5 makes complete sense.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    biak1 said:

Pounds showed some glimpses last year but was a complete non-factor this season.

He got suspended too. But it does show Pete doesn’t play seniors just because. I have no idea how and why Baccallia played so much, but Pounds would have played too if seniority was the only thing that mattered.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Nick Harris was great, fuck you if you disagree.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Trey Adams, Andre Baccellia, Malik Braxton, Myles Bryant, Dustin Bush, AJ Carty, John Clark, Aaron Fuller, Blake Gregory, Nick Harris, Jared Hilbers, Kyler Manu, Chico McClatcher, Benning Potoa'e, Quinten Pounds, Myles Rice, Henry Roberts, Brandon Wellington, Joel Whitford

Other than a couple bright spots, that's a whole heap of dung.

Coaching deficiencies is obviously the biggest issue this year but senior leadership/talent is clearly lacking looking at this list. In terms of Pete's recruiting evolution, I believe this represented the final class before we began to "level up". Hioefully we will look on next years group more fondly and with less disappointment

I'm putting these guys in tiers based on whatever I feel like.

Better than expected:
    Myles Bryant
    Nick Harris
    Jared Hilbers

Injuries ruined him AKA redshirt OL & DL:
    Trey Adams
    Chico McClatcher

Walk-ons who probably contributed behind the scenes more than basement dwelling loosers will ever know:
    Malik Braxton
    Dustin Bush
    Blake Gregory

Walk ons who played more than they should have considering they were a walk on:
    John Clark

Should've been walk ons and instead wasted scholarships and cost us? games:
    Andre Baccellia
    Kyler Manu *REDACTED*

Solid but not spectacular
    Benning Potoa'e
    AJ Carty
    Joel Whitford
    Aaron Fuller

What would you say it is you did at UW?
    Quinten Pounds
    Myles Rice
    Henry Roberts

What happened to you?
    Brandon Wellington
    POTY
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    Disagree that Fuller was solid. He was shit in conference and a notoriously lazy fuck who thought he was far better than he actually was. We can thank Pete's "great in practice" philosophy that rewards years in the program over talent, but still, fuck Fuller.