Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seniors walking today

Trey Adams, Andre Baccellia, Malik Braxton, Myles Bryant, Dustin Bush, AJ Carty, John Clark, Aaron Fuller, Blake Gregory, Nick Harris, Jared Hilbers, Kyler Manu, Chico McClatcher, Benning Potoa'e, Quinten Pounds, Myles Rice, Henry Roberts, Brandon Wellington, Joel Whitford

Other than a couple bright spots, that's a whole heap of dung.

Coaching deficiencies is obviously the biggest issue this year but senior leadership/talent is clearly lacking looking at this list. In terms of Pete's recruiting evolution, I believe this represented the final class before we began to "level up". Hioefully we will look on next years group more fondly and with less disappointment

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I thought Rice was a Jr?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter

Trey Adams, Andre Baccellia, Malik Braxton, Myles Bryant, Dustin Bush, AJ Carty, John Clark, Aaron Fuller, Blake Gregory, Nick Harris, Jared Hilbers, Kyler Manu, Chico McClatcher, Benning Potoa'e, Quinten Pounds, Myles Rice, Henry Roberts, Brandon Wellington, Joel Whitford

Coaching deficiencies is obviously the biggest issue this year but senior leadership/talent is clearly lacking looking at this list. In terms of Pete's recruiting evolution, I believe this represented the final class before we began to "level up". Hioefully we will look on next years group more fondly and with less disappointment

The list that enters the portal after today's game will be twice as long and loaded with better talent.
    Burn the entire program down. UW has already hit the ceiling for this century.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

I'm putting these guys in tiers based on whatever I feel like.

Better than expected:
    Myles Bryant
    Nick Harris
    Jared Hilbers

Injuries ruined him AKA redshirt OL & DL:
    Trey Adams
    Chico McClatcher

Walk-ons who probably contributed behind the scenes more than basement dwelling loosers will ever know:
    Malik Braxton
    Dustin Bush
    Blake Gregory

Walk ons who played more than they should have considering they were a walk on:
    John Clark

Should've been walk ons and instead wasted scholarships and cost us? games:
    Andre Baccellia
    Kyler Manu *REDACTED*

Solid but not spectacular
    Benning Potoa'e
    AJ Carty
    Joel Whitford
    Aaron Fuller

What would you say it is you did at UW?
    Quinten Pounds
    Myles Rice
    Henry Roberts

What happened to you?
    Brandon Wellington
    Good chit.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,616 Standard Supporter
    Is Race Porter not a senior?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Is Bronson not a senior?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam
    Didn't realize Whitford is done already. That's actually a big loss.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

Is Bronson not a senior?

Bronson is a SR
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

I'm putting these guys in tiers based on whatever I feel like.

Better than expected:
    Myles Bryant
    Nick Harris
    Jared Hilbers

Injuries ruined him AKA redshirt OL & DL:
    Trey Adams
    Chico McClatcher

Walk-ons who probably contributed behind the scenes more than basement dwelling loosers will ever know:
    Malik Braxton
    Dustin Bush
    Blake Gregory

Walk ons who played more than they should have considering they were a walk on:
    John Clark

Should've been walk ons and instead wasted scholarships and cost us? games:
    Andre Baccellia
    Kyler Manu *REDACTED*

Solid but not spectacular
    Benning Potoa'e
    AJ Carty
    Joel Whitford
    Aaron Fuller

What would you say it is you did at UW?
    Quinten Pounds
    Myles Rice
    Henry Roberts

What happened to you?
    Brandon Wellington
    Good analysis. I'd point out that even the guys in the "Better than expected" (aka tier 1) group were decent, but nowhere near game changing players. Bryant was the best but not a true stud.

When you compare this group to the guys graduating from Oregon or Utah, it's pretty amazing that we hung with those teams with this group. To be positive, it shows that we could still have a juggernaut if Pete gets his gameday coaching figured out.
    If Pete still hasn’t figured out how to gameday coach at this point in his career, then you have your answer.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    personally they suck as group, glad they gone. Myles and Harris are war daddies
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    FirePete said:

Those two are the only guys that we will genuinely miss. Outside shot with Adams, but he’s a shell of what he once was and should have been. The rest will all be replaced by better players.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,453 Swaye's Wigwam
    Benning Potoa'e never turned into the edge rush player we hoped but his play against the run has been above average. I'd put him somewhere slightly above "solid but not spectacular". Honestly wish we? Could have him 1 more year for that depth in the dline rotation.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,582 Founders Club
    FirePete said:

Both didn't do shit against good teams. But Doog it up if you have to
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Captain Redact-o didn't even run out of the tunnel when his name was called, as best as I could tell. Was he shook? Was coaches shook, afraid he'd get booed? Or I might have just missed him, but I was watching...
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Potoae has never gotten the love he deserves. But you're right, that's still an underwhelming group of knob slobberers.