Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Ravens

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,493
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Mighty are the MEN who wear the purple, black and gold.

My Super Bowl pick is in. Thanks Pete for being a loser so I could get an early start on the no fun league. Heil Goodell!

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I rarely bet on football, but when I saw Baltimore was only giving 3.5 to the LA Rams the other day, I went ahead and bet $100, knowing it was sure money as long as Jackson stayed healthy. I probably should have bet more but I don't want to be an idiot.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ravens are the only thing tolerable about the NFL. I hope they end Russell's career in the Superbowl and Pete and the GM retire the next day.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I really wish RG3 didn’t play for them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I really wish RG3 didn’t play for them.

I LOLed when I saw he was the backup.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ravens are getting too much hype. They are playing well but are very beatable.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Yep how many times have we seen this before? Team gives the reins to a new mobile QB, takes the league by storm, wins a bunch of close games, gets all kinds of hype, then chinevitably loses in the playoffs and aren't the same after that because the league adjusts and the QB gets banged up and the fact he can't throw well catches up with them once the league adjusts.

Vick, RG3, Tebow, Kaepernick hell even Cam's breakout season to an extent.

I like Lamar a lot and think he can have more staying power than those guys because he has a much smarter coaching staff and organization, but he's still not a great thrower and it's going to catch up with them.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,219
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that Lamar and the Ravens lost to the Chargers in the playoffs last year.

Both Lamar and the Ravens are better this year but we're a month away from playoff games

I agree its a short window but this is the shot. The AFC sucks
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Yep how many times have we seen this before? Team gives the reins to a new mobile QB, takes the league by storm, wins a bunch of close games, gets all kinds of hype, then chinevitably loses in the playoffs and aren't the same after that because the league adjusts and the QB gets banged up and the fact he can't throw well catches up with them once the league adjusts.

I like Lamar a lot and think he can have more staying power than those guys because he has a much smarter coaching staff and organization, but he's still not a great thrower and it's going to catch up with them.
    Yep. The league will catch up and eventually he will get dinged up and won’t be the threat he is now as a runner. It’s happened many times before.
  • Options
    Founders Club

People forget that Lamar and the Ravens lost to the Chargers in the playoffs last year.

Both Lamar and the Ravens are better this year but we're a month away from playoff games

Lamar is a much better thrower than people are giving him credit for
  • Options

He's thrown really well this season, no doubt.

Two things though:

1. He's 25th in attempts, behind at least 5 guys who haven't started every game as he has (and ahead of no one who has, from what I can tell). Can he keep up that kind of efficiency at a higher volume?

2. More importantly, can he throw when teams aren't loading the box to stop the running threat? Right now Lamar the runner is the biggest asset Lamar the thrower has. Lamar the runner might last at this level throughout the year and maybe even another season or two but that would make him a massively extreme outlier. QBs never keep up this kind of pace or efficiency as ball carriers. It's too physically destructive.

Maybe Lamar truly is a unicorn and he can do this for a number of seasons but the odds are stacked against him.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

He's thrown really well this season, no doubt.

Two things though:

1. He's 25th in attempts, behind at least 5 guys who haven't started every game as he has (and ahead of no one who has, from what I can tell). Can he keep up that kind of efficiency at a higher volume?

2. More importantly, can he throw when teams aren't loading the box to stop the running threat? Right now Lamar the runner is the biggest asset Lamar the thrower has. Lamar the runner might last at this level throughout the year and maybe even another season or two but that would make him a massively extreme outlier. QBs never keep up this kind of pace or efficiency as ball carriers. It's too physically destructive.

Maybe Lamar truly is a unicorn and he can do this for a number of seasons but the odds are stacked against him.
    Those are fair comments.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Close games? They are outscoring their opponents 406 - 219 for the year. Highest scoring team in the league, and it's not even close.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

dnc said:

Close games? They are outscoring their opponents 406 - 219 for the year. Highest scoring team in the league, and it's not even close.
    I guess I've only paid close attention to the score in their Seahawks and 49er games. Poont conceded.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,219
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I guess I've only paid close attention to the score in their Seahawks and 49er games. Poont conceded.
    I watched some of the HAWKS game and it seemed like the Seattle offense was scoring for Baltimore all on their own. Peters pick six.gif

The game was closer than the score. The Ravens are winning all the regular season match ups, beating two top NFC teams so you have to give some credit

Quite honestly I don't trust any NFL team until they show it in the playoffs. Fucking Patriots will be there again. Worst 10-2 team ever. Again
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Ravens remind me of the way the Seahawks were when they were scary. Lamar is a lot more like Russ than some faggot 12s like @dnc and @RoadDawg55 would like to admit. Add in a TUFF mentality with a running game and defense and we aren’t afraid of anyone, not even Tom Brady.

The PURPLE BIRDS will let our play do the talking and our HATERS will be our MOTIVATORS.

Probably win more than once. Probably won’t throw a goal lone slant in the SB either. Baltimore has superior culture.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2019
    PurpleJ said:

The Ravens remind me of the way the Seahawks were when they were scary. Lamar is a lot more like Russ than some faggot 12s like @dnc and @RoadDawg55 would like to admit. Add in a TUFF mentality with a running game and defense and we aren’t afraid of anyone, not even Tom Brady.

The PURPLE BIRDS will let our play do the talking and our HATERS will be our MOTIVATORS.

Probably win more than once. Probably won’t throw a goal lone slant in the SB either. Baltimore has superior culture.

Agree. Defense is playing well and Offense is clicking.

They worry me regarding #mysaints

Big game this weekend.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Ha. That’s yer? J....
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

You simply couldn’t hold back, could you?
    Ur right. Probably wouldn’t be into watching DMX rail his wife. Bad comparison.