Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I can't even enjoy Oregon losing because of this Charmin team

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
...I'm trying to remember a more disappointing team...2008 I guess...2003...1988...

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,766 Founders Club
    1988 was disappointing, but I don't remember being as frustrated. Maybe I had more confidence in the coaching staff. Yes, 2003 was very disappointing.

The 0wen-12 season was a lost cause from the beginning. Most of us didn't expect much from that team and that shit-as-fuck coach.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    In '88 we were close against USC and UCLA and could have won. I think we went for two and failed against the Condoms. I remember losing to Oregon and wondering why we lost to such a lowly program. I remember being down by a ton to Kal, but coming back. Back then a ton of games were radio only.

2003 was just a shit show. It was a team with 9-3 talent who limped to 6-6. We were ranked in the top 15 at the beginning of the year I think. It was the beginning of my disdain for Baird as he excused every fucking loss.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019
    2003 wasn’t that bad, we? beat Oregon, the 9th ranked Coug, and...

Isn’t that all that matters?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club

1988 was disappointing, but I don't remember being as frustrated. Maybe I had more confidence in the coaching staff. Yes, 2003 was very disappointing.

The 0wen-12 season was a lost cause from the beginning. Most of us didn't expect much from that team and that shit-as-fuck coach.

Not the case. Husky Nation was heavily divided on the Willingham thing heading into the season.

I remember people around me being so excited for that opener against Oregon, and they thought I was being a downer by saying that we were going to get clown-stomped.

I believe the final was 44-10
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,039
    1997 fell apart in November. 3 losses to end the regular season and send us to the Aloha Bowl.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Not the case. Husky Nation was heavily divided on the Willingham thing heading into the season.

I remember people around me being so excited for that opener against Oregon, and they thought I was being a downer by saying that we were going to get clown-stomped.

Most were disappointed Ty wasn’t fired. Of course 0-12 was a surprise, but not the Huskies sucking.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,989 Founders Club

1997 fell apart in November. 3 losses to end the regular season and send us to the Aloha Bowl.

This might’ve been the most disappointing season for me personally.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club

Most were disappointed Ty wasn’t fired. Of course 0-12 was a surprise, but not the Huskies sucking.
    The Seattle Times poll was at 70% in favor of firing. I had several people around me rooting for Ty. The longstanding joke around here about "Ty won several Rose Bowls at Stanford" came from me. I was the producer of a public access TV show in 2009-10 and one of the hosts had graduated from Stanford. She told me the above line when we were discussing Willingham.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

The Seattle Times poll was at 70% in favor of firing. I had several people around me rooting for Ty. The longstanding joke around here about "Ty won several Rose Bowls at Stanford" came from me. I was the producer of a public access TV show in 2009-10 and one of the hosts had graduated from Stanford. She told me the above line when we were discussing Willingham.
    Lol. He was 1-3 in bowl, games. 0-1 in the rose bowl. Similar to Petersen.