Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Hamdan is retained

2»

Comments

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    OreDawg said:

The problem isn’t Hamadan per say, pete is the problem. However, in order to fix the problem Hamadan has to not be the OC next year. I don’t even think Hamadan is completely useless, maybe he could be demoted to QB coach/passing game coordinator, he did well at that in 2016, plus I think he can recruit. But to fix this Pete has to hand over the keys of the offense to an experienced capable OC with their own philosophy. Or he can fuck off back to the mountain west.

IIRC, Hamdan was the WR Coach in 2016 and those fuckers were lights out, even with noodle arm throwing.

It is one of two things: good coaches go to die as OC of Pete’s offense, or Hamdan sucks and is in way over his head.

I think it is the latter.
  • whuggy said:

Meek said:

whuggy said:

OreDawg said:

The problem isn’t Hamadan per say, pete is the problem. However, in order to fix the problem Hamadan has to not be the OC next year. I don’t even think Hamadan is completely useless, maybe he could be demoted to QB coach/passing game coordinator, he did well at that in 2016, plus I think he can recruit. But to fix this Pete has to hand over the keys of the offense to an experienced capable OC with their own philosophy. Or he can fuck off back to the mountain west.

OreDawg said:

I won't be the least bit shocked if Pete brings in a "consultant" for Hamdan. Tedford but not Tedford Part II.
    I believe Tedford is making about $1.8M at Fresno State...he is not coming back to us.
    I wasn't clear. It won't be Tedford but another consultant. Just a theory. I know nothing.
    How about Dennis Erickson
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

whuggy said:

Meek said:

whuggy said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

I won't be the least bit shocked if Pete brings in a "consultant" for Hamdan. Tedford but not Tedford Part II.
    I believe Tedford is making about $1.8M at Fresno State...he is not coming back to us.
    I wasn't clear. It won't be Tedford but another consultant. Just a theory. I know nothing.
    How about Dennis Erickson
    What's Mike Price up to?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Meek said:

whuggy said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

Hamadan is paid 700K
    Lake is getting 1.1 mil

There is your 1.8

Tedford isnt going to happen anyways, but there is plenty of money to throw around at the problem, If Pete wants to win he should have the mindset that he is going to make someone one of the highest paid OCs in college football and then let them earn it.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019
    jecornel said:

godawgst said:

You've thought all season Pete would bring back all the coaches. Do you still feel that way?

There is no one who can't see the offense is BROKE including him.

I think after last night there is literally no chance the staff stays intact. Wouldn't surprise me if he did retain but there is just no way he can.
    And it only took 5 in-conference losses against mediocre or worse teams for people to wake up?
    At this apathetic rate 2030 might be Special.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam
    LSU changed offensive coordinators and took off. It could be possible here. Sure, it's Pete's system, but Hamden grew up with that system, so it's all he really knows. If Pete is serious, he shitcans Hamden and gets someone to run the offense who isn't from Boise. and he trusts him enough to run his system.

If he's not serious, he brings back Hamden, or pulls in Browning as his new OC.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Alexis said:

LSU changed offensive coordinators and took off. It could be possible here. Sure, it's Pete's system, but Hamden grew up with that system, so it's all he really knows. If Pete is serious, he shitcans Hamden and gets someone to run the offense who isn't from Boise. and he trusts him enough to run his system.

LSU still has the same OC in title, but Joe Brady completely revamped the offense.
    edited November 2019
    When Leach's offense is down by three touchdowns, he attacks.
    When Peterson's offense is down by one touchdown, he shits the bed, the couch, the ez chair, the sink and the car seat.
    It's time to bring in a legit D1 OC and pay him/zir/xe what he's worth.
    edited November 2019

Pete's offense sucks but Hamden makes it look worse. His play selection is mind boggling so often. The guy can't call a game to save his life. A good OC could make lemonade out of lemons. Hamden can't figure out how to make lemon koolaid

In short yardage situations, always run or throw laterally because you know your offense can't push downfield for a first down without trickery or deception.
    The message there is clear: No We Can't Offensive Philosophy Identity.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803

can't push downfield for a first down without trickery or deception.

What I find interesting is that any and all 'trickery' on Pete's part happen/unfolds 1 yard (and greater) BEHIND the LOS. And rarely, likely never, does the ball go downfield by the QB when said play is being run. No routes, fakes or blocking schemes to freeze the secondary and get a WR behind them or in the clear... unless it is reversed at a minimum of 4 times. When was the last time we ran a true screen to the RB straight up, within the tackles? Our plays all seem to be set with the expectation that WRs get separation, but the WRs we play cannot get that (especially when your 1st 2 reads involve a certain opera singer).... and when someone like Chincredible does, he gets ghosted. (Seriously, WTF was he vs Colo)

I want to win these next few games, but I'm fearful like others that if our offense shows hope.... we are screwed.

edited November 2019
    Postal91 said:

can't push downfield for a first down without trickery or deception.

What I find interesting is that any and all 'trickery' on Pete's part happen/unfolds 1 yard (and greater) BEHIND the LOS. And rarely, likely never, does the ball go downfield by the QB when said play is being run. No routes, fakes or blocking schemes to freeze the secondary and get a WR behind them or in the clear... unless it is reversed at a minimum of 4 times. When was the last time we ran a true screen to the RB straight up, within the tackles? Our plays all seem to be set with the expectation that WRs get separation, but the WRs we play cannot get that (especially when your 1st 2 reads involve a certain opera singer).... and when someone like Chincredible does, he gets ghosted. (Seriously, WTF was he vs Colo)

I want to win these next few games, but I'm fearful like others that if our offense shows hope.... we are screwed.

You have to believe in your players, versus your intellectual brilliance, trickery and luck. Again, it's David vs. Goliath, and Goliath wins 999 times out of 1000 without David getting that lucky Statue of Liberty play with that shepherd's sling & rock.
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

Jesus.