Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Hamdan is retained

Which now would be astonishing. Jen Cohen will start to experience donor pressure.

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    You've thought all season Pete would bring back all the coaches. Do you still feel that way?

There is no one who can't see the offense is BROKE including him.

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    godawgst said:

You've thought all season Pete would bring back all the coaches. Do you still feel that way?

There is no one who can't see the offense is BROKE including him.

I think after last night there is literally no chance the staff stays intact. Wouldn't surprise me if he did retain but there is just no way he can.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    speaking of donors... those who donate know what's going on in the Wam.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    PurpleJ said:

How people don’t understand that it’s Pete’s offense is beyond me. Same exact faggy complicated gadget finesse bullshit since he got here. Tedford made it good when he was here. That’s it.

Pete also fired his proven DC to placate a position coach, so there’s that.

Ummmmmmm, Tedford was a “Consultant,” don’t you remember.

Over half the dipshit doogs out there kept shrieking about his lack of influence. . . Until he left.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    TTJ said:

I'm not out here trying to say Hamdan is good.

But blaming anything on Hamdan utterly misses the point.

This is correct. Would you be okay with firing Pete at the end of the year?
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

How people don’t understand that it’s Pete’s offense is beyond me. Same exact faggy complicated gadget finesse bullshit since he got here. Tedford made it good when he was here. That’s it.

I agree. You still have to get rid of Hamdan. I really don’t care if any offensive coaches are retained. Complete control has to be given to the new guy. Pete can be CEO of the program.

The Kwat-Lake stuff is different. I think Kwat still controls the front 7 and Lake controls the secondary. Lake just calls the plays. That should be looked into and changed if needed.
    It will be different this time. Pete can change.

Gotta be careful blowing that first hot rail of meth.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I agree. You still have to get rid of Hamdan. I really don’t care if any offensive coaches are retained. Complete control has to be given to the new guy. Pete can be CEO of the program.

The Kwat-Lake stuff is different. I think Kwat still controls the front 7 and Lake controls the secondary. Lake just calls the plays. That should be looked into and changed if needed.

Just letting it play out J. Don’t really feel like wasting a bunch of time posting repeatedly that Pete should be fired when it will never happen.

I’ll put it this way, Pete has a better chance of winning big at UW than Chip does at UCLA.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Just letting it play out J. Don’t really feel like wasting a bunch of time posting repeatedly that Pete should be fired when it will never happen.

I’ll put it this way, Pete has a better chance of winning big at UW than Chip does at UCLA.
    Chip has more conference wins this year.
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 632
    The problem isn’t Hamadan per say, pete is the problem. However, in order to fix the problem Hamadan has to not be the OC next year. I don’t even think Hamadan is completely useless, maybe he could be demoted to QB coach/passing game coordinator, he did well at that in 2016, plus I think he can recruit. But to fix this Pete has to hand over the keys of the offense to an experienced capable OC with their own philosophy. Or he can fuck off back to the mountain west.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2019

It's not like CP is going anywhere. I'm not going to waste time typing about Rural Meyer or whatever. He probably hit his peak, and it was a pretty good peak, in 2016. Unless and until he is willing to adapt and change, it's going to be an average to pretty good program, but it won't be at the LSU/Bammer/Clemson/THE OSU level. He can tinker with assistants and scheme and probably win the Pac 12 again, but he's stuck on the OKG bullshit and it's keeping the program down. Right now he's clearly lost this group, similar to how Carroll lost the '17 Seahawks. So there needs to be a rehaul over the offseason. Weed out the malcontents and fix the schematic bullshit.

His success at Boise wasn’t with this OKG bullshit. He had Titus Young and a bunch of Juco guys filling in gaps. I remember them being one of leaders in player arrests. It is much easier to get arrested in a small town like Boise, but still.

At UW, he can recruit the guys with the temperament he likes, but it’s not working. Get the best players, get some dirtbags, and just fucking win. I think it’s more of a structural problem than the talent itself, but both need to improve.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    edited November 2019
    It doesnt matter who the yes men are in these positions. Its Pete.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    OreDawg said:

The problem isn’t Hamadan per say, pete is the problem. However, in order to fix the problem Hamadan has to not be the OC next year. I don’t even think Hamadan is completely useless, maybe he could be demoted to QB coach/passing game coordinator, he did well at that in 2016, plus I think he can recruit. But to fix this Pete has to hand over the keys of the offense to an experienced capable OC with their own philosophy. Or he can fuck off back to the mountain west.

OreDawg said:

I won't be the least bit shocked if Pete brings in a "consultant" for Hamdan. Tedford but not Tedford Part II.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    whuggy said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

I won't be the least bit shocked if Pete brings in a "consultant" for Hamdan. Tedford but not Tedford Part II.
    I believe Tedford is making about $1.8M at Fresno State...he is not coming back to us.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Meek said:

whuggy said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

I believe Tedford is making about $1.8M at Fresno State...he is not coming back to us.
    I wasn't clear. It won't be Tedford but another consultant. Just a theory. I know nothing.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Which now would be astonishing. Jen Cohen will start to experience donor pressure.

What does any of this have to do with Hamden?That o line is pussy soft.