Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coaching replacement thread

13»

Comments

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    AEB said:

Kellen Moore for HC. OC for Cowboys, young, and will run a similar player development program. Will keep D staff ex Lake/Gregory.

Moore is on the fast track to nfl hc and he’s going to come back to college to learn recruiting, comical. The entire point of where Pete goes wrong is he brings in green coaches who he can boss around and they get rail roaded into decisions. They need an experienced offensive mind who is either been in the game a while or has been fcs and has enough balls to have an opinion. Bush was comically under experienced coming in here.

A few guys that we “could” get(the lists of guys we don’t have a shot at are dmc FS)

Lindgren at OSU. Been OC at two colleges in the pac12 and is making osu look good.

Zak hill - yes it’s annoying hes from bsu but he’s not a Peterson Guy. He’s coached at fcs and now is oc and doing well with all kinds of different players.

Baldwin - not my fav choice but possible and has experience. Let’s remember it’s still cal. Jesus could coach the offense and it’s still cal.

Sanford - bsu guy but did well at Norte dame before getting some crust on his star. Doing well at Utah state but nothing sexy about this hire.

Harrell - will need a job in 2 weeks. USC has looked decent with his offense. Their team is just a mess. He’s young and doesn’t have experience so he’s more a roll of the dice. But him or lindgren are probably my favorites that I’ve seen.

Basically there isn’t a lot of sexy names. And they have to want to work for a coach that may not let them, coach.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Some of the names that are being tossed around on Doogman..

Doug Nussmeier
    Norm Chow
    Chris Tomey
    Jon Kitna

lmao

Any site other than braintrust central Dawgman and I'd think you were trolling.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,214
    Art Briles has learned his lesson and is a reformed man.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,203 Swaye's Wigwam

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,817 Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

I’m hearing offensive genius Willie Taggart is available.

But, actual possible offensive genius Kendal Briles might be available. @dirtysouwfdawg got his home address to send him a cake?
    I’m in Texas now... I know dads coaching at mount Vernon high school in no where Texas if that helps. He already has two ineligible players for being a cheater.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    Are we willing to embrace an air raid system?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I don't need a coach I believe can win multiple national championships. I need a coach who can show he has the ability to win one. What I don't want is a coach who has proven time and time again that that isn't a possibility under his regime. Chris Petersen has shown us that in multiple ways, multiple times.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    My post on Moore was simply having Petersen hire his replacement. In actual fact were he to retire sooner than expected, he’d be a Strong influence over Cohn. I could see him endorsing Moore, and shit, the dude is OC of the Cowboys. That’s better than any BS coach that’ll sign up to be Pete’s OC.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,203 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I don't need a coach I believe can win multiple national championships. I need a coach who can show he has the ability to win one. What I don't want is a coach who has proven time and time again that that isn't a possibility under his regime. Chris Petersen has shown us that in multiple ways, multiple times.

Besides, you know, a playoff berth.
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club

@ArtBriles true?
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,582 Founders Club
    edited November 2019

Anybody got some names for OC?

Bodie Reeder from North Texas
    Only 32, used to be at Eastern Washington.