Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Embarrassing

Comments

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Yup, I know changes will be coming this offseason but who Pete hires is going to dictate whether this program gets back on track.

Gun to your head right now, who do you think is gone?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    edited November 2019

Yup, I know changes will be coming this offseason but who Pete hires is going to dictate whether this program gets back on track.

Bush gets let go, Jordan is not re-upped and hopefully Bob gets his walking papers as well.
  • DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 610
    edited November 2019
    The level of brokenness of the program that this season has exposed has called into question (for me, anyway) whether canning a couple of assistants really changes any of the big problems we are seeing

@sonics1993 do you think replacing those assistants you named are enough?

Tequilla said:

Bush gets let go, Jordan is not re-upped and hopefully Bob gets his walking papers as well.
    My gut says you need to turn over half this staff
    Who would you let go? I wouldn't mind seeing KB go as well which would make four of the ten coaches changing. I'm confident this defensive staff besides Bob will get this defense turned around next year when they finally get adequate linebacker play.
    edited November 2019

The level of brokenness of the program that this season has exposed has called into question (for me, anyway) whether canning a couple of assistants really changes any of the big problems we are seeing

Depends on who we hire, i'm confident in the defense bouncing back next year especially if Molden, Keith and Levi come back. Offensively the talent is there, we just need a system and OC that takes advantage of it.
  • DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 610

Depends on who we hire, i'm confident in the defense bouncing back next year especially if Molden, Keith and Levi come back. Offensively the talent is there, we just need a system and OC that takes advantage of it.
    Sounds like you view Bush as 80-90% of the overall problem in the program right now

I guess it’s just hard for me to put the entirety of our offensive problems on Bush, especially after seeing Jonathan smith seemingly struggle here, too, then go to OSU and light it up.

If he has been the problem all along, I wish peterman would have fired him mid season - keeping him in the post the whole season to then fire him afterward is a bit of a waste of time, and has likely directly led to several losses in the interim. Thus leading us back to an overall question about whether Peterman cares more about winning or optimizing for other things like “stability” and the feelings of his staff.
    edited November 2019

Sounds like you view Bush as 80-90% of the overall problem in the program right now

I guess it’s just hard for me to put the entirety of our offensive problems on Bush, especially after seeing Jonathan smith seemingly struggle here, too, then go to OSU and light it up.

If he has been the problem all along, I wish peterman would have fired him mid season - keeping him in the post the whole season to then fire him afterward is a bit of a waste of time, and has likely directly led to several losses in the interim. Thus leading us back to an overall question about whether Peterman cares more about winning or optimizing for other things like “stability” and the feelings of his staff.
    I never viewed Jonathan as a problem but I agree with you it's not just Bush but he's a terrible play caller and couldn't make a adjustment to save his life. My hope is when Bush gets fired, the new OC hired brings in a new system and Pete makes a philosophical change to his offense which I believe he will.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

My gut says you need to turn over half this staff
    Who would you let go? I wouldn't mind seeing KB go as well which would make four of the ten coaches changing. I'm confident this defensive staff besides Bob will get this defense turned around next year when they finally get adequate linebacker play.
    Depends on who is hired as a OC and whether that person has the cache to bring in their own staff

Bush + Paopao + Gregory is the low hanging fruit

I think KB gets good but not great recruits ... we can do better there I think

The WR performance this year leaves me really luke warm on Jordan Adams ... I know he’s a good recruiter but the player development + rotations are questionable

The defense isn’t broken but there are some cracks where I think we could stand some evolution to ... need to be able to attack and dictate a little more in spots
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I'm bummed about Huff. Guy can recruit his ass off but it doesn't seem like he has it as a coach. The line has gotten progressively worse
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Baseman said:

Adding insult to injury, the Honks let BTP on the show tonight.

bump
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 578
    Pete ain’t changing shit. Deal with it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Adding insult to injury, the Honks let BTP on the show tonight.

We love our little Fudgie!