Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone else think

2»

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

Hameir is our best defender. He’s so good. Notice how they never get an open uncontested 3 in his area of the court. He’s averaging like 3 blocks a game too.

He is averaging 1.4 bpg with 25.6 mpg through the first 5 games... He had zero blocks against Tenn and Maine and one against Montana...
    Whoops. I’m all for going to 4 guards around 1 (Quade, Jaden, Jamal, Naz, and Stewart) fyi. Hameir is extremely valued at getting to the 3 pt line to contest everything. He’s elite on that side of the floor.
    Just some friendly feedback, you have ruined the value of the word elite
    Good.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

They play with plenty of heart.

Issue is they're freaked out to shoot... they have no confidence on the offensive end of the court. Hop has to get it figured out.

We have 20 turnovers against fucking Montana.

I mean... when was the last time you saw a guy travel stepping into a wide-open 3?

When was the last time you saw a 5-star point guard commit a turnover with a defender not within 20 feet of him?

They are playing so scared and it needs to stop.

Also. Play RaeQuan Battle. He needs to be in there to break this shit up.

And we're still winning (and covering!) Obviously beating Montana isn't the bar, but this team was never going to be polished from day 1. I get the sense that most people on the board are watching through a football lens. Understand that, unlike football where you kinda are what you are, basketball teams can change in a big way over a season. This team has all the things you can't teach or fix: size, length, frontcourt depth, athleticism, and pure talent. You can improve offensive flow/rhythm, guys find their jumper, they'll be more comfortable in their roles as the season goes on. That's all fixable.

They're playing the worst basketball they will all year right now. When you can win ugly by 17 and not hit a single three all game you have something. Hasn't come together yet, but there's something there.

There's a lot of holes, but when you're winning despite glaring holes, they're opportunities. How good will they be when guys start hitting threes? When they find an offensive flow? When they limit turnovers? When it all comes together? Pretty fucking good. If none of those holes existed in November they'd be a top 5 team. Just a matter of if, when, and how many holes they sort out. Team will be improving all the way through the conference tourney. Trust.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

They play with plenty of heart.

Issue is they're freaked out to shoot... they have no confidence on the offensive end of the court. Hop has to get it figured out.

We have 20 turnovers against fucking Montana.

I mean... when was the last time you saw a guy travel stepping into a wide-open 3?

When was the last time you saw a 5-star point guard commit a turnover with a defender not within 20 feet of him?

They are playing so scared and it needs to stop.

Also. Play RaeQuan Battle. He needs to be in there to break this shit up.

And we're still winning (and covering!) Obviously beating Montana isn't the bar, but this team was never going to be polished from day 1. I get the sense that most people on the board are watching through a football lens. Understand that, unlike football where you kinda are what you are, basketball teams can change in a big way over a season. This team has all the things you can't teach or fix: size, length, frontcourt depth, athleticism, and pure talent. You can improve offensive flow/rhythm, guys find their jumper, they'll be more comfortable in their roles as the season goes on. That's all fixable.

They're playing the worst basketball they will all year right now. When you can win ugly by 17 and not hit a single three all game you have something. Hasn't come together yet, but there's something there.

There's a lot of holes, but when you're winning despite glaring holes, they're opportunities. How good will they be when guys start hitting threes? When they find an offensive flow? When they limit turnovers? When it all comes together? Pretty fucking good. If none of those holes existed in November they'd be a top 5 team. Just a matter of if, when, and how many holes they sort out. Team will be improving all the way through the conference tourney. Trust.
    Unlike football, our young talent is getting a chance. That means some mistakes and some growing pains. So far they’ve only lost a neutral site game to a team that was a 1 seed last year.

If the offense still looks like this once we’re in the middle of conference play, it’s a problem. And it’s honestly on Hop to fix. He has PLENTY of talent to work with.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Hop and think we are going to be good, but still am bored watching these games. Maybe once they clean it up later in the season they will be more watchable. They aren’t right now.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

Quade cant do anything that the defense doesnt give him
    Naz is in high school still trying to out athlete everyone to get a out of control highlight dunk
    Bey is a JAG
    McDaniels seems disinterested half the time and physically underwhelming despite his size the other half
    Wright is a disaster with the ball in his hands
    Timmons is Timmons

Stewart is the only guy in the rotation that can do anything on offense with any sort of regularity

How the offense cant figure out to generate more motion and space with their incredible athleticism or hasnt found a guy that can just stand in the corner and drain 3s with any sort of consistency is so dumb.

Bump... In light of Naz's departure and TISO

A reminder that I am always dialed in, even only a couple games into the season.

Players are who I say they are, in basketball and in football

another poor BTP player evaluation noted...
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Jaden doesn’t smile or show emotion on the court. Deal with it. Fucker plays his ass off on both ends. He played a lot better tonight. Shots will start falling in bunches for him.

I love revisiting your takes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Hameir is our best defender. He’s so good. Notice how they never get an open uncontested 3 in his area of the court. He’s averaging like 3 blocks a game too.

He is averaging 1.4 bpg with 25.6 mpg through the first 5 games... He had zero blocks against Tenn and Maine and one against Montana...
    Whoops. I’m all for going to 4 guards around 1 (Quade, Jaden, Jamal, Naz, and Stewart) fyi. Hameir is extremely valued at getting to the 3 pt line to contest everything. He’s elite on that side of the floor.
    Just some friendly feedback, you have ruined the value of the word elite
    Elite post