Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone else think

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Our shit 3 point shooting is going to cost us a few games?

But wingspan is huge.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    Standard Supporter
    Our shit shooting in general will cost us many games. This team plays with no heart and has really shitty offensive coaching
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019
    Quade cant do anything that the defense doesnt give him
    Naz is in high school still trying to out athlete everyone to get a out of control highlight dunk
    Bey is a JAG
    McDaniels seems disinterested half the time and physically underwhelming despite his size the other half
    Wright is a disaster with the ball in his hands
    Timmons is Timmons

Stewart is the only guy in the rotation that can do anything on offense with any sort of regularity

How the offense cant figure out to generate more motion and space with their incredible athleticism or hasnt found a guy that can just stand in the corner and drain 3s with any sort of consistency is so dumb.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    They play with plenty of heart.

Issue is they're freaked out to shoot... they have no confidence on the offensive end of the court. Hop has to get it figured out.

We have 20 turnovers against fucking Montana.

I mean... when was the last time you saw a guy travel stepping into a wide-open 3?

When was the last time you saw a 5-star point guard commit a turnover with a defender not within 20 feet of him?

They are playing so scared and it needs to stop.

Also. Play RaeQuan Battle. He needs to be in there to break this shit up.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Hop just screamed... "QUADE TAKE THE BALL!"... your PG doesn't demand the ball on an inbound? Oof.

Hop is pissed.

I wouldn't wanna be a Husky in the next practice.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Hop just screamed... "QUADE TAKE THE BALL!"... your PG doesn't demand the ball on an inbound? Oof.

Hop is pissed.

I wouldn't wanna be a Husky in the next practice.

Part of it. I think hop needs to let them play loose on offense. Let them play some street ball. Against the lesser teams it'll be fine and set us up to be more confident coming into Gonzaga.
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Issue is they're freaked out to shoot... they have no confidence on the offensive end of the court. Hop has to get it figured out.

I mean... when was the last time you saw a guy travel stepping into a wide-open 3?

When was the last time you saw a 5-star point guard commit a turnover with a defender not within 20 feet of him?

Battle is far from ready.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Holy fuck doogs should not comment on basketball.

Plz self-immolate you stupid fuck @bananasnblondes
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Jaden doesn’t smile or show emotion on the court. Deal with it. Fucker plays his ass off on both ends. He played a lot better tonight. Shots will start falling in bunches for him.

I hear Kawhi Leonard plays with a lot of emotion
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Really, and you know this from the 0 minutes he's played on the court?

Hameir Wright is shooting 29% from the field. 29% from 3. 58% from the foul line.

He's averaging 2.5 turnovers per game.

He's only a half rebound better than Quade Green. His blocks are only up .4 per game despite the jump in minutes and the only argument to have him out there is that he's "OK" at defense.

His shooting and turnovers cost the Dawgs around 8 total possessions. He was 0-4 from 2, 0-3 from 3, and had 4 turnovers.

Is he "ready?" Cause he's a junior and he looks like total shit.
  • Options

Really, and you know this from the 0 minutes he's played on the court?

Hameir Wright is shooting 29% from the field. 29% from 3. 58% from the foul line.

He's averaging 2.5 turnovers per game.

He's only a half rebound better than Quade Green. His blocks are only up .4 per game despite the jump in minutes and the only argument to have him out there is that he's "OK" at defense.

His shooting and turnovers cost the Dawgs around 8 total possessions. He was 0-4 from 2, 0-3 from 3, and had 4 turnovers.

Is he "ready?" Cause he's a junior and he looks like total shit.
    I dont know if Battle is any better than Wright but I do know that Wright is a disaster with the ball in his hands on offense and isnt a good wing shooter/scorer.

The team desperately needs someone that is atleast an average threat to hit the corner 3 and spread the floor with their shooting, it definitely isnt wright... maybe its battle... who the fuck knows, but its worth giving it a shot in the preseason dreck games.
  • Options
    @Houhusky

RaeQuan is the best perimeter shooter on this team. He's a more athletic CJ Wilcox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLGqpEcCo_Q

Hameir shoots like the broken version of Markelle Fultz.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Holy fuck. That was a ref ball game that we? still won by 20. I know football is a disaster, but maybe chill with the “bad body language” “no heart” intangible doog takes. Embarrassing.

Offense still sucked.
  • Options
    Hameir is our best defender. He’s so good. Notice how they never get an open uncontested 3 in his area of the court. He’s averaging like 3 blocks a game too.
  • Options

Holy fuck. That was a ref ball game that we? still won by 20. I know football is a disaster, but maybe chill with the “bad body language” “no heart” intangible doog takes. Embarrassing.

Offense still sucked.

To clarify when I say disinterested on offense Im talking about his actual play... moving without the ball, setting off ball screens, and coming off picks with purpose.

IDGAF if he is all smiley and clappy or looks like he hates the world or an emotionless robot while playing.

He does do the little pouty attitude posture bad habit that lots of insecure teenagers do when they make a mistake, I dont care, he is fresh out of high school and isnt a leader, nor should he be expected to be... He is extremely unpolished as a player and is probably a bit frustrated things dont come quite as easily as they did in high school where he could rely on his athleticism/size to cover up some of his flaws. Again, I dont care.

The biggest concern for this team is it is still heavily relying on its athleticism to beat up glorified IMA teams. Montana and Maine are complete garbage.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Doog

McDaniels took over that Baylor game. Fucking relax on questioning the kids heart and want to. Have you seen how active his on defense?
  • Options

Hameir is our best defender. He’s so good. Notice how they never get an open uncontested 3 in his area of the court. He’s averaging like 3 blocks a game too.

He is averaging 1.4 bpg with 25.6 mpg through the first 5 games... He had zero blocks against Tenn and Maine and one against Montana...
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

He is averaging 1.4 bpg with 25.6 mpg through the first 5 games... He had zero blocks against Tenn and Maine and one against Montana...
    Whoops. I’m all for going to 4 guards around 1 (Quade, Jaden, Jamal, Naz, and Stewart) fyi. Hameir is extremely valued at getting to the 3 pt line to contest everything. He’s elite on that side of the floor.