Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"It perhaps wouldn't be fair to say Washington coach Chris Peterson is on the chopping block"

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,180
    they look like just a middle of the road Power 5 team this year

they are a middle of the road P5 team this year.

why the fuck does boofs have a make a wish kid on their team?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,766 Founders Club

they look like just a middle of the road Power 5 team this year

they are a middle of the road P5 team this year.

why the fuck does boofs have a make a wish kid on their team?

We? had one too until he decided to LEAVE for Fresno State.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    What’s SportBoner‘s take on this?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2019
    Pete will never be on the chopping block. He could have a repeat of this year for 5-10 more years before ever feeling any actual heat from the people that matter.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Pete will never be on the chopping block. He could have a repeat of this year for 5-10 more years before ever feeling any actual heat from the people that matter.

Pete's worst year since he got the program revved up has the potential to be better than Sark's best year.

He really needs to win these next 3 games. 9-4 sounds a lot better than 8-5 and Im going to be fucking pissed if UW loses yet another bowl game.

I'll take 9-4 in a down year breaking in a lot of new players with a suspect offense.

Fix the fucking dead horse scheme and win a fucking bowl game that's not Southern Miss or GTFO
    Of course 9-4 is better than 8-5, but next year is all that matters. If he sucks next year, we aren’t any happier or more mad because he won one more game this year.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

Pete's worst year since he got the program revved up has the potential to be better than Sark's best year.

He really needs to win these next 3 games. 9-4 sounds a lot better than 8-5 and Im going to be fucking pissed if UW loses yet another bowl game.

I'll take 9-4 in a down year breaking in a lot of new players with a suspect offense.

Fix the fucking dead horse scheme and win a fucking bowl game that's not Southern Miss or GTFO
    Of course 9-4 is better than 8-5, but next year is all that matters. If he sucks next year, we aren’t any happier or more mad because he won one more game this year.
    I just think it would do wonders moving forward for perception and momentum in all aspects of the program.

The story of the season is still defined by 3 close choke losses at home and the inexplicable Stanford game. We had Oregon and Utah dead to fucking rights with a young roster.

Im not as worried about Eason moving on as some. Between Sirmon, Morris, and Garbers someone decent will win the job. This isnt Cyler vs Lundstrom anymore.
    I love how Anton is a voice for optimism around here. Irony.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

I just think it would do wonders moving forward for perception and momentum in all aspects of the program.

The story of the season is still defined by 3 close choke losses at home and the inexplicable Stanford game. We had Oregon and Utah dead to fucking rights with a young roster.

Im not as worried about Eason moving on as some. Between Sirmon, Morris, and Garbers someone decent will win the job. This isnt Cyler vs Lundstrom anymore.
    I was fucking pissed for a long time but we arent Bama and Clemson and probably never will be. It is what it is.

Beat a fucking decent OOC team for fucks sake.

If we lose to Iowa or some bullshit in our bowl then fire Petersen because we will never fucking win a bowl again
    This part is critically important. Pete's job is to keep us as perennial #11 to #20 ish program that occasionally competes for NT's. We are never going to be Alabama, tOSU and it's not being a doog to admit this. Give me 1978- 1992 Washington football and I'm good.
    1978-1992 Washington won bowl games and big ooc games.

Win the bowl game this year. Beat Michigan next year.

If we lose both those games Petersen may never win vs OOC competition....
    The Michigan win is fucking critical for perception. We don't hardly ever get Blue Blood home and homes anymore. When you get one it's win or GTFO. Sadly, though I fear for America if we beat Michigan in Husky Stadium. Hopefully, @NSA_Dawg is keeping an eye on @PurpleBaze
    Baze is psyched for that sweet, sweet surge pricing fares after that game.
    True. But I wasn’t talking about Uber.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861

I was fucking pissed for a long time but we arent Bama and Clemson and probably never will be. It is what it is.

Beat a fucking decent OOC team for fucks sake.

If we lose to Iowa or some bullshit in our bowl then fire Petersen because we will never fucking win a bowl again
    This part is critically important. Pete's job is to keep us as perennial #11 to #20 ish program that occasionally competes for NT's. We are never going to be Alabama, tOSU and it's not being a doog to admit this. Give me 1978- 1992 Washington football and I'm good.
    1978-1992 Washington won bowl games and big ooc games.

Win the bowl game this year. Beat Michigan next year.

If we lose both those games Petersen may never win vs OOC competition....
    The Michigan win is fucking critical for perception. We don't hardly ever get Blue Blood home and homes anymore. When you get one it's win or GTFO. Sadly, though I fear for America if we beat Michigan in Husky Stadium. Hopefully, @NSA_Dawg is keeping an eye on @PurpleBaze
    Baze is psyched for that sweet, sweet surge pricing fares after that game.
    True. But I wasn’t talking about Uber.
    Is he now a whore?