Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CP's kick-ass presser today...

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
What time is it on? What channel? Is it on HD? Is justin.tv streaming it?

Comments

• Options
    sponsored by all in one plumber, for all problems we bring a plunger.
  • Options
    Who will be the first media member to passively aggressively talk about how Petersen won't give KICK ASS! Pressers?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Who will be the first media member to passively aggressively talk about how Petersen won't give KICK ASS! Pressers?

Too late.

Fatters stole that baton over the weekend.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

Too late.

Fatters stole that baton over the weekend.
    What was that fat fuck saying?

Btw, I love that Doogman hates this hire. Brings to a smile to me knowing they are agony.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    While dawgman posters seem to be as excited as those on this board about CP, the mods have been very quiet and have taken a few backhanded jabs at the hire. Ektard and Marshall have said things like "don't expect dynamite recruiting classes from Petersen." Kim and Fetters have eluded that Tosh will be leaving because CP is not an exciting players coach like Sark. I think they realize their days of having keys to the company car are over.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

While dawgman posters seem to be as excited as those on this board about CP, the mods have been very quiet and have taken a few backhanded jabs at the hire. Ektard and Marshall have said things like "don't expect dynamite recruiting classes from Petersen." Kim and Fetters have eluded that Tosh will be leaving because CP is not an exciting players coach like Sark. I think they realize their days of having keys to the company car are over.

I haven't been over there in over a year, but going off of what gets recycled/brought up on here, those guys are flat out crazy. Heaven forbid we actually get a real football coach. Is there any example of a "player's coach" that has had great success other than Pete Carroll? Sark is not and never will be Pete Carroll. Carroll's intelligence is on a different level from that of Sark and Kiff, etc. etc. Pete Carroll also understands defense and staying away from Joey's. BTW, who is going to tip off TMZ so they know who to look after?

Regardless, don't high school players ultimately just want to go to a winning program? We're not typically competing with USC for recruits, but Petersen is going to win head-to-head with Sark on many recruits who understand what the important things are. Some recruits might like it that they can be bros with the coach, but that only gets them in the door. As we've seen with Sark's NW recruiting, word spreads fast, and resources dry up. And, it's not going to help any when you aren't competing for the conference title and your cross-city rival is beating your ass by playing real football. That being said, this is going to be an AWESOME and COOL story line for the remaining two to three seasons of Sark's career as a head coach. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about him at USC IF they win a Rose Bowl, but it still doesn't change the fact that we were never going to get to that level with him here. It would have taken a Willingham at Stanford conference-is-down year for that, and that's not in the foreseeable future.

Really though, that whole crew over there at DM should be ecstatic with this hire. Wins and excitement = page views. Sounds like they need to gain some perspective.