Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is with this point that requiring ID to vote is racial voter suppression?

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

How do these people without ID, who are adults, actually function in society? ( Drive cars, buy alcohol, rent tools, rent an apartment, get a job, get something notarized, travel outside the us, etc ). I seriously don't get why this argument keeps coming up.

I am asking to understand why this is an important thing to allow in our society. No one has ever given me a reasonable argument but I know there are some really smart liberal people on this forum who can explain it to me.

That much is obvious.
    Another great explanation, as always.
    Do you need me to spoonfeed the answer to you? Seriously, Google is your friend.
    Spoonfeed please. In your words.
    Only cause you asked nicely.

You see, it's believed that the majority of people without ID vote Democrat. So, under the veil of trying to eradicate voter fraud, Republicans want to require voters to present ID to vote. The facts that known voter fraud is essentially zero. Most votes are done by absentee ballot now. And race is irrelevant. Don't matter to Republicans who just want to win elections.
    So you would have no issue requiring people to prove who the say they are when they register to vote. Right? And then match the signature on the absentee ballot to the one on the registration, right?
    Tell me what problem that would solve.
  • Options

Also can ask why they support registering illegals to vote without proof of citizenship. Why they oppose cleaning up voter registration roles. Why they support felons voting. Vote often, vote dead, vote in multiple states and vote for no jails.

Bob why don't you attack this post as mostly being lies?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

How do these people without ID, who are adults, actually function in society? ( Drive cars, buy alcohol, rent tools, rent an apartment, get a job, get something notarized, travel outside the us, etc ). I seriously don't get why this argument keeps coming up.

I am asking to understand why this is an important thing to allow in our society. No one has ever given me a reasonable argument but I know there are some really smart liberal people on this forum who can explain it to me.

That much is obvious.
    Do you need me to spoonfeed the answer to you? Seriously, Google is your friend.

You see, it's believed that the majority of people without ID vote Democrat. So, under the veil of trying to eradicate voter fraud, Republicans want to require voters to present ID to vote. The facts that known voter fraud is essentially zero. Most votes are done by absentee ballot now. And race is irrelevant. Don't matter to Republicans who just want to win elections.
    So you would have no issue requiring people to prove who the say they are when they register to vote. Right? And then match the signature on the absentee ballot to the one on the registration, right?
    Leftists are currently calling for a national database in order to verify people's age in order to deter under-age vaping and smoking but they want no such restrictions on voting.
    Link?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Also can ask why they support registering illegals to vote without proof of citizenship. Why they oppose cleaning up voter registration roles. Why they support felons voting. Vote often, vote dead, vote in multiple states and vote for no jails.

Because truth and facts aren't lies in my world Hondo. Yes I know that in your world statements of facts are "lies."
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Because truth and facts aren't lies in my world Hondo. Yes I know that in your world statements of facts are "lies."
    So you choose to believe lies. Idiot.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Said the Kunt who claimed these statements were "lies"

Yesterday Pete Buttigieg put out a list of 400 Black South Carolinians that endorse him/his plan.

-A lot of the people are confused because they didn’t endorse.

-42 percent of the list is white.

-They used stock photos from Kenya.

And who lied and claimed he didn't call a press release from the Buttplug campaign "facts."

Bob hates facts directly from the campaign.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Yesterday Pete Buttigieg put out a list of 400 Black South Carolinians that endorse him/his plan.

And who lied and claimed he didn't call a press release from the Buttplug campaign "facts."

You are too dumb to see it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

You are too dumb to see it.
    Another white flag.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

Next time in English, Please.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,458
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

Except you'd at least need an ID to register to vote and have your absentee ballot sent to you. HTH
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

Do you think a person should have proof of citizenship to register to vote, then have a signature on file? Or is that too tall of an order for people you think are inferior? Or should anyone of any age or citizenship be able to register because you there is no problem to be solved?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Video Krypton for the HondoBros.

No comment from Hondo. I’m sure if he did it would be and ad hominem
  • Options

Video Krypton for the HondoBros.

No comment from Hondo. I’m sure if he did it would be and ad hominem
    Tl,dw
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

Known voter fraud is essentially zero. What's so hard for you to understand?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

Do you think a person should have proof of citizenship to register to vote, then have a signature on file? Or is that too tall of an order for people you think are inferior? Or should anyone of any age or citizenship be able to register because you there is no problem to be solved?
    Why are you putting words in my mouth? I've just stated the fact that voter ID laws are Republican tactics to, in their mind, suppress Democratic votes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,286
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

And yet when anyone looks they find it to be rampant

Fuck off
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? I've just stated the fact that voter ID laws are Republican tactics to, in their mind, suppress Democratic votes.
    So no proof of citizenship needed to register. Got it.

You stated something. It’s only a fact in your pea brain.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

And yet when anyone looks they find it to be rampant

Fuck off
    Link?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,256
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why are people that don’t own land allowed to vote? That should be the bar.