Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is with this point that requiring ID to vote is racial voter suppression?

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
How do these people without ID, who are adults, actually function in society? ( Drive cars, buy alcohol, rent tools, rent an apartment, get a job, get something notarized, travel outside the us, etc ). I seriously don't get why this argument keeps coming up.

I am asking to understand why this is an important thing to allow in our society. No one has ever given me a reasonable argument but I know there are some really smart liberal people on this forum who can explain it to me.

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,458
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Dems think minorities are too stupid to get an ID.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

How do these people without ID, who are adults, actually function in society? ( Drive cars, buy alcohol, rent tools, rent an apartment, get a job, get something notarized, travel outside the us, etc ). I seriously don't get why this argument keeps coming up.

I am asking to understand why this is an important thing to allow in our society. No one has ever given me a reasonable argument but I know there are some really smart liberal people on this forum who can explain it to me.

That much is obvious.
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.
    So, why does it keep coming up?
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.
    Another great explanation, as always.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.
    Do you need me to spoonfeed the answer to you? Seriously, Google is your friend.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,489
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Every single one of the white liberal interviewee's are just flat racist. They believe what hondo and his lil' buddies believe, that black people are too stupid or lazy to know how to get ID.

They look and sound pathetic. It truly is hard to believe that after all these years rats are still the same old racist party they were as Jim Crow inventors. Virtually nothing has changed.

Doogie you will never get an answer from these rats because they know they are racist in their beliefs and to talk about it at all would reveal as much.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,245
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Every single one of the white liberal interviewee's are just flat racist. They believe what hondo and his lil' buddies believe, that black people are too stupid or lazy to know how to get ID.

They look and sound pathetic. It truly is hard to believe that after all these years rats are still the same old racist party they were as Jim Crow inventors. Virtually nothing has changed.

Doogie you will never get an answer from these rats because they know they are racist in their beliefs and to talk about it at all would reveal as much.
    In addition to being racists, they're sheep, useful idiots, propagating a thinly veiled fake issue.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.
    Do you need me to spoonfeed the answer to you? Seriously, Google is your friend.
    Spoonfeed please. In your words.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.
    Only cause you asked nicely.

You see, it's believed that the majority of people without ID vote Democrat. So, under the veil of trying to eradicate voter fraud, Republicans want to require voters to present ID to vote. The facts that known voter fraud is essentially zero. Most votes are done by absentee ballot now. And race is irrelevant. Don't matter to Republicans who just want to win elections.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    Most votes are done by absentee ballot now.

Link? Or are you just talking out your ass in order to "trigger" people?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Fine. A large portion, not most. Either way, I'm glad you agree with the rest of my post. That voter ID is a made up issue by Republicans to squash D votes.

https://www.eac.gov/documents/2017/10/17/eavs-deep-dive-early-absentee-and-mail-voting-data-statutory-overview/
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Fine. A large portion, not most. Either way, I'm glad you agree with the rest of my post. That voter ID is a made up issue by Republicans to squash D votes.

https://www.eac.gov/documents/2017/10/17/eavs-deep-dive-early-absentee-and-mail-voting-data-statutory-overview/
    I didn't say I agreed with any of your post you fucking liar. So far from "most" less than half of all votes are done absentee.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

I didn't say I agreed with any of your post you fucking liar. So far from "most" less than half of all votes are done absentee.
    You only called out one sentence. The rest is assumed true by estoppel.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

You only called out one sentence. The rest is assumed true by estoppel.
    You didn't deny being a cocksucker, it must be true.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

You see, it's believed that the majority of people without ID vote Democrat. So, under the veil of trying to eradicate voter fraud, Republicans want to require voters to present ID to vote. The facts that known voter fraud is essentially zero. Most votes are done by absentee ballot now. And race is irrelevant. Don't matter to Republicans who just want to win elections.
    So you would have no issue requiring people to prove who the say they are when they register to vote. Right? And then match the signature on the absentee ballot to the one on the registration, right?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,218

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

So you would have no issue requiring people to prove who the say they are when they register to vote. Right? And then match the signature on the absentee ballot to the one on the registration, right?
    RACIST!!!!
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,262
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Also can ask why they support registering illegals to vote without proof of citizenship. Why they oppose cleaning up voter registration roles. Why they support felons voting. Vote often, vote dead, vote in multiple states and vote for no jails.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That much is obvious.

Leftists are currently calling for a national database in order to verify people's age in order to deter under-age vaping and smoking but they want no such restrictions on voting.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,218

Also can ask why they support registering illegals to vote without proof of citizenship. Why they oppose cleaning up voter registration roles. Why they support felons voting. Vote often, vote dead, vote in multiple states and vote for no jails.

@DinoRossiDawg, true?